Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart passes away

abhunter

*Censored*, what a way to go. Feel bad for Nattie.

Bret is a strong guy. Id be devasted (Im sure he is right now), but I wouldnt know how to deal with the fact that literally all of my brothers who came into the business with me are gone. Like, shit.

Not literally all of his brothers. Not close, infact.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a rough month for pro wrestling. Condolences to Nattie and the family.

Bret is a strong guy. Id be devasted (Im sure he is right now), but I wouldnt know how to deal with the fact that literally all of my brothers who came into the business with me are gone. Like, shit.

He meant his brothers in wrestling.

Bulldog, Owen, Anvil. All of the guys who Bret was closest with (his wrestling brothers) are all dead.

All of my brothers who came into the business with me are gone

Just a rough month for pro wrestling. Condolences to Nattie and the family.

He meant his brothers in wrestling.

Bulldog, Owen, Anvil. All of the guys who Bret was closest with (his wrestling brothers) are all dead.

Exactly.

Its been tough for him. Some say hes bitter, I just say hes a survivor. The last one standing.

That's really crap news. Condolences to the family, The Hart Foundation was on the first ever video I bought of WWE, Anvil was always good value in a match.

Just hope Bret survives yet another knock. The man has been to hell and back several times.

RIP Anvil.

I pray to God that nobody tries to pass this off as "just another wrestling death", because it wasn't. But that is what is likely going to happen in the mainstream media, like before in other situations.

I mean...all wrestling deaths are different. What do you even mean by "just another wrestling death"? Some wrestlers have heart failure or head trauma, some overdose, some commit suicide, some die from old age, others die from freak accidents, some die in the ring.

Anvil hit his head and succumb to injuries. And if I had to guess, he may have been drunk when he did so. Either way, I really don't think anyone is chalking it up to a "wrestling related" death...but his lifestyle might have had something to do with it. I'm waiting to hear how/why he fell.

And it doesn't matter anyway. Point is, wrestlers die very often, and at young ages. Whether those deaths are actually related to a lifetime of in-ring abuse, substance abuse, or nothing at all...none of that really matters. Fact remains...another member of the pro wrestling family who is gone too soon. For that matter, he could have also collapsed from another medical issue and then hit his head. Like I said...we really need to know how/why he fell to be able to comment on whether it was related to his life/career choices. But the most important thing for now is saying RIP and offering condolences to the family and friends of Jim.

Hart Foundation should be inducted as a whole...

And they should do it while Bret is still around to actually have a living member of the damn group. Be a good way to get guys like Pillman and Bulldog in...and even Owen, who they could slide in on the down-low (just have an extra ring and don't say that it's specifically for Owen). But, yeah...how crazy is it that the only member of the Hart Foundation in the HoF is Bret...that's nuts.

Hart Foundation should be inducted as a whole...

And they should do it while Bret is still around to actually have a living member of the damn group. Be a good way to get guys like Pillman and Bulldog in...and even Owen, who they could slide in on the down-low (just have an extra ring and don't say that it's specifically for Owen). But, yeah...how crazy is it that the only member of the Hart Foundation in the HoF is Bret...that's nuts.

QFT.

Archived