WWE 2K19 - Screenshot Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm holding out for them finally having added an 'edit superstar' option for hair and stuff. If they have this, I think I can sufficiently edit him to make him look okay. Especially if they have an 'ad logo' option for facepaint. Then we can just place a new face texture over his existing one.

But, alas...I'm sure they've excluded this seemingly common sense feature yet again.

I'm holding out for them finally having added an 'edit superstar' option for hair and stuff. If they have this, I think I can sufficiently edit him to make him look okay. Especially if they have an 'ad logo' option for facepaint. Then we can just place a new face texture over his existing one.

But, alas...I'm sure they've excluded this seemingly common sense feature yet again.

I don't think it has anything to do with common sense. I think a lot of times the hair is a part of the model so it's not as easy as swapping it out.

I don't think it has anything to do with common sense. I think a lot of times the hair is a part of the model so it's not as easy as swapping it out.

So...common sense dictates to change the way that works.

Sorry...but after so many years of it being a suggestion, it really is common sense. Especially when it comes to the facepaint request, which miraculously appeared in-game as a glitch and worked without flaw as said glitch.

If you can have a glitch that effectively works perfectly fine as a feature, then you can definitely make that an intentional feature. That's common sense.

So...common sense dictates to change the way that works.

Sorry...but after so many years of it being a suggestion, it really is common sense. Especially when it comes to the facepaint request, which miraculously appeared in-game as a glitch and worked without flaw as said glitch.

If you can have a glitch that effectively works perfectly fine as a feature, then you can definitely make that an intentional feature. That's common sense.

It really comes down to how difficult it would be to pull off from a development perspective and since none of us know that I don't think we can say whether it's common sense or not. It could be that it's much more difficult to implement than face paint editing or other aspects.

Clearly there is a reason as they aren't blind to how often it's requested and how much it would help the game stay current. Maybe it's incredibly easy and they're just not adding it because they don't care, but I doubt it.

It really comes down to how difficult it would be to pull off from a development perspective and since none of us know that I don't think we can say whether it's common sense or not. It could be that it's much more difficult to implement than face paint editing or other aspects.

Clearly there is a reason as they aren't blind to how often it's requested and how much it would help the game stay current. Maybe it's incredibly easy and they're just not adding it because they don't care, but I doubt it.

Nah. That excuse doesn't work for me. I fully understand that game development is an involved process. I understand that unforeseen roadblocks are common. But, when you have an ongoing request for something like this, you can absolutely work it in. This isn't something that has been suggested in the past year or two. This is something that people have wanted pretty much forever. And it's also something that other games have been able to achieve without issue. I really don't accept any excuses for it, tbh.

If you can have a caw system like these games do, and those caws function essentially fine, then there's no reason why the same couldn't be said for the in-game roster. And the hair shouldn't be "part of the character" either. There's no reason why it should be. The fact that they have the hair dye tool also goes to show that the hair has properties of its own. You aren't just painting the top of someone's head...you're painting the hair itself.

So, yeah...I maintain that it's common sense for these features to be worked in. I never said that they would be able to do it this year...but it has been a ridiculous number of years now that they *could* have been working on it. So, the excuses are null at this point. The "roadblocks of game development" excuse worked for a few years...but we're past that point now.

Same with custom themes not being "possible" on the current gen of consoles. That's a load of shit as well. Anyone who believes that is a dunce. :lol: And I don't mean anything against the WWE games in that regard. I think all games are disallowed from having that feature. But it isn't technically impossible...it's a legal thing. These consoles are more capable than ever before.

Hell...even if you can't alter the actual design of the hair, you should really have no limitations in changing the values of it. ie: you should be able to shrink and grow the length of the existing hair, even if you aren't able to swap out entire styles. Even if they can add a slider for making the hair longer/shorter, that would go a long way in improving things.

Same with custom themes not being "possible" on the current gen of consoles. That's a load of shit as well. Anyone who believes that is a dunce. :lol: And I don't mean anything against the WWE games in that regard. I think all games are disallowed from having that feature. But it isn't technically impossible...it's a legal thing. These consoles are more capable than ever before.

I think that's what people mean when they say "It's impossible". It's impossible because 2k can't do it unless Microsoft and Sony give them the okay.

I think that's what people mean when they say "It's impossible". It's impossible because 2k can't do it unless Microsoft and Sony give them the okay.

Between 2K Games and WWE, and how much more important/crucial a factor music is to the professional wrestling presentation than most any other kind of game, I would think there would be enough pull and incentive to make it happen, but Im just a nobody who wants everyone to game happily. Lol

The music thing is weird anyway...because, all you need to do is make it so custom music doesn't work online or during streaming, and you cease to have a problem at all. I fail to see how putting copywritten tracks into your own personal offline copy of the game is any different from listening to music on your home PC. So long as you aren't sharing that music with other people, where is the legal issue?

I think it really comes down to the shady wheelings and dealings with apps like spotify and pandora...where the game industry wants you to be swayed to stream music with those. But, again...that isn't the type of music that people want in a pro wrestling game. It isn't leisurely listening that we want...it's entrance themes that play during specific points. Whatever deals exist with the streaming apps need to be amended to recognize this.

Archived