Which edition and system will you be picking up?

HopesAnchor131

WWE 2K19 system and editions  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which version will you be picking up?

• PS4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
  2. 2. Which edition will you be picking up?

• Standard
    • Deluxe
    • Collectors
    • Standard - Digital
    • Deluxe - Digital

I used to always buy it based on the CAW makers, but once Custom music went away, I now no longer use actual CAWs (just alt. attires) so Im gonna get it on Xbox with all my other friends that play it

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most people had the 360 version because of caws. XBox 360 had 64 layers and PS3 was stuck at 32 for most of that time. Plus we were figuring out how to texture like 6 years before 2K took over and officially granted us the ability. Literally if they said WWE games on XB1 will now have 96 layers but not PS4 (or 4 attires per caw instead of 2), we would all be back on XBox and PS4 sections would be a ghost town , regardless of console cost. Lol

As far as I can recall, there has never been a technical upside to playing WWE on PS...it's just the way people went based on mob mentality. You had the thing with caw layers locked at 32 instead of 64. You had the limited number of human players being 4 on PS, when it was 6 on Xbox. And you also had stuff where PS was losing entire saves or corrupting date (if memory serves me right). After playing in a PS4 league with my friends and experiencing crashes first hand, I also feel compelled to say that the PS4 version crashes a lot more frequently. By which, I mean...full crashes...fatal error...kicked back to the home menu. Also a fair bit of lag in certain circumstances (ie too many weapons). We definitely had matches that played like they were moving through molasses. It was actually a running joke that I won a championship in a match that was lagging this way and it shouldn't have counted. :lol:

But, it is what it is. Like I said...that's where the creators are. People know PS has "better" creators...and now it's an endless loop of being on PS for the creators, even if the game is not necessarily "better" for PS at all.

I will say, if these games are ever to get cross-platform gameplay, as well as creation-sharing (as they should), I think that will go a long way in changing the landscape of how many copies are sold for which system. PS will always have more, because it's the more mainstream of the two consoles...but crossplay could certainly push the needle a bit.

I never liked X-Box as thats what one of my cousins has, his brother has a Wii, A PS4 And X-Box (he has 2 kids). But yeah it's just a personal preference for me. I have always liked the playstation over x-box as Bill already got $ 400 or more out of me every time I buy a laptop, he isnt getting any more of my $.

Lol @ anyone who personally cites Bill Gates as a reason for disliking Xbox.

Also, chances are that Gates isn't getting $400 from you when you buy a laptop, as it's only the Windows operating system that has anything to do with Gates. So long as you're buying any brand other than a Microsoft Surface, you're really not giving Bill much more than whatever the commission for having Windows is (I'm sure it's not a whole lot). A Windows 10 license costs about $120 if I'm not mistaken, and that's to buy the software outright. I'm sure the price is a fraction of that amount when it comes installed on a new machine. :lol:

Also, MS is a corporation, so that money is spread around. It's not like Bill is personally pocketing every single dollar. The stock will go up, and he'll do well off that (being the majority holder). But, yeah...just an amusing scenario to be discussing in the first place. Lmao.

Back when the XB1/PS4 made their debut? People stated (if I remember correctly) that one of the reasons for switching from 360 to PS4 was due to the share play feature, which made 'help making CAWs' very useful. I might be mistaken about that though.

Back when the XB1/PS4 made their debut? People stated (if I remember correctly) that one of the reasons for switching from 360 to PS4 was due to the share play feature, which made 'help making CAWs' very useful. I might be mistaken about that though.

XBOX One has been fighting from behind since it was announced with its original plan. 360 was the stronger between it and the PS3 so it was the system of choice for creator. I played both systems a lot but wrestling wise stuck to ps3 since that is the system my real friends played on.

I've preordered the physical deluxe version. I prefer digital games but don't have the memory capacity on my PS4. I've got Hitman, Star Wars BF2, Lego Harry Potter and PES on there.

As for the console war discussion, I had nothing against the Xbox One (which I did have) but I swapped it for a PS4 because Microsoft does not allow image import via USB - meaning that I couldn't use full option files on PES. Also on balance the creation community on WWE is vastly wider on PS4 (for reasons discussed) and the only real Xbox exclusive I really miss is Forza.

Microsoft does not allow image import via USB - meaning that I couldn't use full option files on PES.

I'm pretty sure this isn't true.

Furthermore, you can add image files to your Xbox wirelessly via Windows 10 connectivity. I've done it before...

There's a file organising app on Xbox that lets you move between HDD, Onedrive and USB. Microsoft Edge had a huge update and now you can do everything you can on PC, even download and put on the console HDD as well as USB.

I remember on kickstarter once people in the UK and over sea's do have to pay some sort of custom fee's and I forget how much it is, but it varies depending on said item.

Normally items over £40 you have to pay some fee, can be between £20-£40 in my cases. I bought a phone from China and had to pay £40, I ordered a drone and it was £20 fee, but where I ordered from you pay something likr £10 for an insurance and you claim the fee back. I don't know if you can do it on anything you order or that place offers the insurance themselves.

I was gonna do PS4 for the first time on a playstation system since the SVR titles on PS2 but Dre41 has a CAW league over on Xbox and im very interested in being a part of that

Microsoft does not allow image import via USB

I'm pretty sure this isn't true.

Furthermore, you can add image files to your Xbox wirelessly via Windows 10 connectivity. I've done it before...

Still can't add images to PES though. And for a game without licences, that's a major block.

I remember on kickstarter once people in the UK and over sea's do have to pay some sort of custom fee's and I forget how much it is, but it varies depending on said item.

Normally items over £40 you have to pay some fee, can be between £20-£40 in my cases. I bought a phone from China and had to pay £40, I ordered a drone and it was £20 fee, but where I ordered from you pay something likr £10 for an insurance and you claim the fee back. I don't know if you can do it on anything you order or that place offers the insurance themselves.

I've ordered the special edition of NBA 2K19 as basically a test. Let's see if A: it arrives on time and B: there's any fees. At checkout it let me select Royal Mail 24 so seems like it's coming from the UK.

People clearly don't care about mods XD

Or people don't have a PC powerful enough?

Or don't feel like paying full price for a PC copy on release...when there will probably be a Steam sale at some point that offers the game at a steep discount.

PC games (and Steam in particular) are known for being dirt-cheap. I'll play my console release on launch, and might get a PC copy down the road when it costs $10. :lol:

Or don't feel like paying full price for a PC copy on release...when there will probably be a Steam sale at some point that offers the game at a steep discount.

PC games (and Steam in particular) are known for being dirt-cheap. I'll play my console release on launch, and might get a PC copy down the road when it costs $10. :lol:

Theres that too. Saying that, picked up a physical copy of the deluxe edition of WWE 2K18 on ps4 last year for £35 which is pretty good. Though that is because I waited until February to actually bite the bullet.

I've ordered the special edition of NBA 2K19 as basically a test. Let's see if A: it arrives on time and B: there's any fees. At checkout it let me select Royal Mail 24 so seems like it's coming from the UK.

Royal Mail had my phone and put a note through my door saying it's being held at my local office. I hope it's coming from the uk and you don't have to pay any fees, it'd suck to pay that much extra for a game.

Archived