What is wrong?

EJ!

Biggest Flaw  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is the biggest flaw?

• Game Modes
    • Match Types
    • Creation Suite
    • Cosmetics (presentation, graphics, models etc.)
    • Core Gameplay
    • Other

Game modes: the concept behind my career free roam is good but the execution is bad. If it is all text communication their is no reason it should be as limiting as it was. While back stage time shouldn't stand still either. So if you want to go out during someone else match you can, you can attack someone before they get to the ring, you can no show your match if you want, and etc

You should have some modes that have original stories which have branching stories that a change based on winning or losing.

GM mode/booking mode/story creator: It is a shame Woods and Breeze have to play a game more then 10 years old to do this. And when wrestlers who are both in 2k18 stream other smackdown games more then the current game there is a problem.

And some of those modes I mention should feature more then one player for local and online play.

AI and bugs.

every game under THQ had something special about it (although it wasn't always Bloom and gloom)

I... think you are HEAVILY exaggerating.

Shit like this always happens lol...they complain when THQ is around, then later on say they miss them. If THQ was around, you probably wouldn't have anything new again either.

In terms of what is "wrong", i have one tiny nagging problem with the 2k games that take away so incredible much of the immersion that it really is a eyesore to me despite being something many probably dont see.

Its the fact that the mat is like concrete and doesnt move one inch, no matter how big the guys are that land on it or so.

That is a incredible small detail but one that really bugs me personally.

Its why i hate for example top rope moves in the game, because they dont feel like they have any impact since the mat doesnt bounce or anything.

It takes away a lot of the impact all the moves have...its one small detail but to me it is something extremely obvious.

Im one of the few who overall loved THQ. Biased to HCTP and SYM and even JBI. Oh wait, SVR, 07... WWE 13 also. And the Universe Mode for 12 was god like. I cant just shit on THQ like they didnt give us fun games. Their staff were just unbearable imo. Corey was trash, Aubrey was trash. Liked Bryan/Brian however at times.

I wish I screencapped that CawsCast chat back in the day where one of them....I think it was Corey....and me got into an argument where I was like "you guys need to take more effort in making the games fun"....and he was like "You don't get it, it's not about making a "fun" game...it's about making a product that's as close to what you see on television as possible."

Fun is subjective, different from person to person. Back in the days of Ledesma's reign, fun for alot of people meant the return to arcade-format. I don't know the full context of your discussion, but there's a chance that is why he responded that way. He didn't take into account that you could have the best of both worlds, properly execute the presentation of the on-air product while maintaining the fun factor. Overall he just wasn't the right guy for that position and especially that series. Somebody obviously saw something special in him that jumped him from tester to producer so quickly. Perhaps he was more brilliant off camera.

In any case it's prolly because I suck as no body has mentioned it at least not for awhile. As far as the gameplay goes, the biggest thing that botheres me is that the game itself just feels hella unresponsive. So many times during any given match I feel like I'm pressing a button and it's not doing what I told it to. More often then not I have to tap a button, say to grapple, multiple times just to make sure it comes out. Then when I forget and quickly tap a button to throw out a strike to stop an incoming grapple and my character never throws the punch. I'm sitting here stunned like "I know I just pressed the strike button. WTF?"

When I make the command to pick up an opponent and the animation has me dance in a half circle around the opponent, then slightly readjusts just to pick them up 4 seconds later like it's trying to be precise, be natural in doing something that doesn't take half of the effort necessary to have done it. I could maaaaaaaybe understand if I was picking them up activating from the lower body prone, but when I activate from upper body prone and still dance halfway down their frame then back to their head to pick them up it blows my mind.

And then you have reversal animations that last way to long. Sometimes you have to wait for them to play out completely in order to go into finishers, perfect gat damn setup for finishers and I'm wailing on triangle trying to set this thing off. The fluidity of it all is busted to sheeit and I'm just like "WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY?!" The base they've built this on, while slow, is solid. I would have so much more fun actually playing the game match-wise instead of playing in Create Modes, which feels like that's all I've really been doing the past 3 games, if it listened to me for starters

In terms of gameplay I don't think 2k,Thq, or even EA Sports can satisfy everyone. For example:

• Some people want the gameplay to be like HCTP or WWE All-Stars style,
  • some people prefer the realistic wrestling simulation style,
  • some people want it to be like King Of Colosseum style,
  • some people want it to be exact like No Mercy style,
  • and some people even want it to be like GTAV style.

I'm fine with what we have in 2k18, as long as they can fix bugs, add more new features / bring back old features, more contents in creation suites, and improve the performance and making the gameplay fluid more, thats fine by me. :happy:

The game engine needs an overhaul. Gameplay needs to be completely revamped imo. Ive been playing 2K18 a lot more lately and Im convinced it needs to be revamped. I dont know how but it does.

My hope is that 2K/VC started building an engine when they acquired the license in 2013 and have been working on it ever since and will debut it when next gen comes around. They cant keep this thing going with Yukes man.

The game engine needs an overhaul. Gameplay needs to be completely revamped imo. Ive been playing 2K18 a lot more lately and Im convinced it needs to be revamped. I dont know how but it does.

Pretty much yeah, if you have a current gen game that lags noticeable when you have more than 4 wrestlers on screen...its a problem.

But not only that, you can feel the engine being on its last legs all over the place, alone with the long loading times and stuff.

Gameplay yeah i think it too needs to be completely revamped.

I personally am just not enjoying playing the game for longer, it feels so stiff and lifeless, i dont feel like being in a fluid and well paced match when playing.

Im really hoping they use a new engine foundation soon...there is this constant rumor of the Unreal engine that could be used...i hope this is true.

Either way, big changes need to happen soon...2k20 seems like a good place to start from "scratch" so to speak.

New engine and new systems, revamped core gameplay etc.

I'm not saying any of you are making this mistake, in just gonna say it for future reference because every time the engine discussion comes up, eventually someone makes this mistake.

Please remember that game engine and gameplay are not the same thing.

Speaking of Fire Pro logic...

They honestly need to straight up jack their logic system. I think it's time for the wrestlers to really feel like their onscreen characters.

Let me make an unhinged babyface who doesn't care about following the rules. Let me make a pure striker who will very rarely break out some cool grappling and high flying moves as a last resort late in matches.

Imagine being able to select the frequency/order of a move being performed - ala Okada only bringing out the spinning Tombstone after he's got a couple near falls already.

So far, every single AI wrestler behaves exactly the same way with slight modifications. 2K has to give us a little bit more depth than that.

Is it me or once the next game is announced or screen shots/game play is shown the current one feels outdated? Outside of updating attires or creating a new guy who just debuted it feels like the same pattern or process.. i try to spice things up by downloading some ecw or njpw guys and almost Turing the game into another company but its hard at times with limited logo space

Transitioning/smoothness. At least half a dozens time I bump into the ai. Or go to attack with a weapon and hes facing wrong way. Or miss..

Just seems (hard to explain) laggy? And once the turnbuckles disappear (invisible wall) I just want to uninstall the game.

Move set somehow needs revamp. Maybe not restricting moves to stances. Ie Black mostly strikes. Heels prioritise a body part. Maybe like face and heel celebrations, face and heel fighting styles is a start and have one called cheap or cheat.

Mostly bugs and A.I.

The targeting system craps out on me frequently especially after a hot tag is made, suddenly I'm targeting the wrong opponent. Sometimes I target the ref or my own manager, despite having those options turned off. And randomly I'll overshoot my opponent when I use outside dives and springboards.

The A.I. is inconsistent. I've kept the difficulty on normal, but it feels like I've played on every difficulty, sometimes within the span of an hour.

AI and bugs.

every game under THQ had something special about it (although it wasn't always Bloom and gloom)

Shit like this always happens lol...they complain when THQ is around, then later on say they miss them. If THQ was around, you probably wouldn't have anything new again either.

Don't group people together. I never had a problem with THQ other than the reliance on nostalgia at the end

AI and bugs.

Don't group people together. I never had a problem with THQ other than the reliance on nostalgia at the end

My point stands.

Archived