2K Games is expanding, WWE games overhaul expected

liontamer*

I thought this article was worth sharing.

Highlights:

- 2K plans to grow significantly by increasing the size of their internal studios and by making their games long term experiences that have events and grow and change over time.

- WWE games are going to receive more investment, ideally resulting in how NBA2K started improving in quality after more investment was made into those games.

Source: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-07-23-2ks-light-slate-belies-bigger-ambitions

I don't know when exactly we can expect these changes to kick in, and I imagine it'll be a gradual growth, but I hope to see some noticable improvements within the game starting with 2k20 next year. Maybe they can finally drop Yukes?

In any case, it's obvious that we need a major overhaul. It's weird how it wasn't very long ago when we wanted an overhaul with the games before 2K showed up.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically their way of saying.. 'We know we've produced shit games since taking over from THQ and seen a decline in sales, so we're going to squeeze more money out of WWE to make it a little better within the next 5 years.. stay tuned!'

Basically their way of saying.. 'We know we've produced shit games since taking over from THQ and seen a decline in sales, so we're going to squeeze more money out of WWE to make it a little better within the next 5 years.. stay tuned!'

Not forgetting our major aim is going to be to lock everything behind a loot box and make it almost impossible to unlock everything so you have to spend your real world money.

Subjective.

Naw he has a point this time. Thats basically what theyre saying. Maybe not shit produced games but not as good as they wouldve liked. Maybe due to lack of funding in retrospect to NBAs budget? If that makes sense. But overall the 2K games havent been extremely groundbreaking. But they arent shit at all. They just need a huge gameplay overhaul. I opt for Arcade style again but wont get into that right now. But a huge change has to happen imo.

There's definitely improvements to be made but in my opinion the games are still FAR and above the THQ era.

This.

There was only so much I could take with The Stooges running the circus. "We took it out this year, but don't panic.. we'll add it back 4 years later and hype it as brand spanking new!!"

Subjective.

Yeah, if all the moving parts worked correctly, the games would be mind blowing. I have made the comment a few times over the years that these games are the best theyve ever been, barring a little variety in certain areas being taken from us. Even if Create A Finisher had to go, why Create A Taunt? We should be able to mocap our taunts via Kinect at this point if it had stuck around...especially with the hand/finger and facial expression selection screens we get in Create A Superstar now for poses. Dont make no damn sense. Lol. No reason why I shouldnt be able to create a simple ass Queens Quest taunt..

But I digress.....if the gameplay didnt glitch constantly and if the crowd reactions were way better and more accurate to whats going on, and if the announcing actually had some goddamn life to it and called moves accurately, if the entire ring area had more life to it (crew members crouched around the ring, crowd turning and looking at the stage when youre fighting there, the announce team, Jojo, and the timekeeper not looking all Somad up when you close in on them in Highlight Reel), I mean....if everything they have just worked with little to no issue, the games would be the best ever. All the problems are what hold them back and I feel for them, but damn, how much money have we spent?

There's definitely improvements to be made but in my opinion the games are still FAR and above the THQ era.

This.

There was only so much I could take with The Stooges running the circus. "We took it out this year, but don't panic.. we'll add it back 4 years later and hype it as brand spanking new!!"

You mean like how 2K have spent the last few years hyping up features that were in old THQ games?

The only lame thing about this is that it likely means 2K19 is probably just a cosmetic update to 2K18 and that I have to wait another year to see anything substantially different. I doubt they would put a lot of eggs in this basket if they are planning on getting a better basket in the near future and man I hope this metaphor works.

The WWE games were given more investment so that they could give away $1 million to people. Joking aside.

I hope they do make other WWE games like the scratched WWE Brawl or as Shiftygism said WWE Allstars 2. And I hope they stop doing mobile games for now. WWE Mayhem could have been far more better if they released it in the console or PC. That could have been an Allstar 2 game.

I want all the money to go to the 2K games to be honest. Clearly theyve needed a little extra dough....time too, but yknow.

To combat Fire Pro, Ive always been a little upset that they never did release that modern WrestleFest they had in the works around the Yes Movement era. I was so looking forward to it. Couldve even sold special versions in the form of bartop arcade machines and I will be damned if that wouldnt be my Xmas present to myself. Lol

This.

What they said, THQ stuff got exceedingly stale by the tail end of it.

This.

What they said, THQ stuff got exceedingly stale by the tail end of it.

I dunno, WWE'13 and 2K14 were really good entries in the series.

And even as a whole, 2K hasn't came close to the things THQ would bring to the table each year.

The last two games have been piss-poor overall packages, even more so when you consider how bug ridden, poorly designed, and terribly written MyCareer and Universe mode are.

The creation suite, server performance, and core IN RING gameplay are top notch, but the rest?

Dog poop.

Straight up, dog poop.

Archived