WWE Evolution Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Bellas could easily lose lol. They aren't some hugely dominating force. Especially Brie.

WWE really likes them, so I wouldn't be too sure. They've fed the Riott Squad to them in the buildup, and put Nikki on in the Main Event with Ronda.

Just because Ronda Rousey wasn't in WWE at the time doesn't mean she didn't have an effect on the Women's Evolution. I'm willing to bet Rousey was the main reason why WWE even decided to give the Divas at the time a bit more exposure on television because they saw the amount of buzz Ronda was creating for UFC and all the female pro athletes.

I don't think it's a coincidence that during the time Ronda was dominating in the UFC as a champion and became the most talked about athlete in all of sports is around the same exact time WWE's Women's Evolution started to come about. Ronda herself helped make people take female athletes a lot more serious than ever before.

Well so did boxer females since the 18th century and so did women in the 2000s in politics and other sports. It's not as if Ronda were fighting men and took their Championship, she fought other women in her category and managed to be a Champion that had a long undefeated streak.

If People first aknowledged that female athletes are able to do such things through ronda then they must have been living under a rock before. :P

It seems to me that it is more a USA thing with her cause it's the only land I see her getting that hyped for anything she does.

Of course it is also interest related cause people that don't care about Wrestling or MMA will probably have no clue who she is anyway unless they saw her in one of the movies she was involved with and recognized her (which I doubt since she had rather small roles).

I could go and say that several women won male titles in Wrestling which is as empowering but since it is like I said above interest related only fans would know or care about it aswell.

At the end of the day I hope that the ppv will at least be decent cause with the way the Card looks right now the only matches that are interesting are the finals of the MYC and Charlotte vs Becky.

I was, personally - not by a whole lot, but this is like below the standard. I don't blame people much at all for being surprised at the shitty booking.

Considering this is the first show of its kind in WWE that's being headlined by Ronda Rousey as the Women's champion, and with this also feeling like a really big culmination of the past 3 years or so of WWE finally putting forth a lot more time and effort in to exposing their Women's division more than ever before, yeah - I was considering a lot more build up and story-telling.

I think most of the regular PPV shows WWE produce throughout the year are booked way better than this shit. I know we tend to get RAW/SD rematches and shit all the time on PPVs and stuff like that, but having someone like Sasha teaming up with Natalya and Bayley vs. the Riott Squad on a show like this just screams laziness, among other things. This shit feels rushed.

I feel like this is the end result of doing a PPV you were never planning on doing because people were upset you didn't bring women to wrestle in Saudi Arabia.

In which case they could have easily gone down the route of having some sort of tournament for one or both of the titles. Hell even have the first ever "Queen of the Ring".

I'm so scared Nia is gonna win that Battle Royal lol

She is always getting ganged up by everyone like the big show and mark henry was in the men battle royals so I doubt it. :P

I would love someone unpredictable to win it that people wouldn't thought she would to surprise us. :)

I didn't count them yet but do they even have "over 50 women from the past, present and future" already?

If not, then it seems we will probably get some nxt stuff announced tonight.

I wouldnt be mad at Nia winning. Her last match with Ronda was pretty great. I think the battle royal winner is likely to be someone without a definitive tag partner. I feel theyll announce Tag Titles at Evolution with the finals taking place at Survivor Series.

Despite being lacklustre in parts, the card is quite difficult to predict. I cant see zero title changes happening at such a historic event, but who is going to drop their belt? Becky seems more likely on paper than Ronda, but that would mean Charlotte/Ronda takes place at Survivor Series in 3 weeks if the champions head-to-head matches are still taking place. So does Nikki shock the world, likely due to shenanigans? Or does Shayna regain the NXT Womens Championship despite it seeming shes main roster bound after Evolution. I can honestly say, I have no idea. Itll be interesting to see it all play out.

I would love someone unpredictable to win it that people wouldn't thought she would to surprise us. :)

She is always getting ganged up by everyone like the big show and mark henry was in the men battle royals so I doubt it. :P

I didn't count them yet but do they even have "over 50 women from the past, present and future" already?

If not, then it seems we will probably get some nxt stuff announced tonight.

Battle Royale has 21 now with Zelina Vega added per last night's SD.

Asuka, Naomi, Carmella, Nia Jax, Ember Moon, Alicia Fox, Dana Brooke, Lana, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Tamina, Torrie Wilson, Michelle McCool, Alundra Blayze, Ivory, Molly Holly, Kelly Kelly, Maria Kanellis, Zelina Vega (21)

Ronda/Nikki w/Brie (Raw Women's)

Becky/Charlotte (SD Women's)

Kairi/Shayna (NXT Women's)

Mae Young II Finals

Alexa/Mickie vs Lita/Trish

Natalya/Sasha/Bayley vs Riott Squad (6-Tag)

Thats 40 in all so far (including Brie in Nikki's corner).

With 21 in the BR so far, I think 9 more would come from NXT and/or leftovers from MYC II. Maybe a couple more legends (Jacqueline? Victoria plz?!)

E: forgot the Nattie/S/B & Riotts match

Archived