After a three-year suspension, Hulk Hogan has been reinstated into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Mango kid

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he is a legit racist he can't excatly put it in an autobiography. But when he went on his racist rant, he was in his own natural habitat not thinking he was recorded, right?

I really don't care about Hogan but he can't take back what he said.

If he really was racist he wouldnt have put that praise for Book in there at all. He didnt have to go out of his way to praise Booker like that. I do see your point on the video but he also had the decency to aplogise and he has done his time for it. The big thing for me though is that every major name in wrestling at the time stood up for and defended Hulk when the tooic came up. If he truly was racist then we would have all sorts of stories like Hogan didnt like the colour of my skin so he got my push cancelled. Instead nothing like that popped up when it would have been the perfect time for it to do so.

Please tell us more about the rules of racism.

So instead of a response, you come up with a snarky response? Great discussion.

No I was just coming in here to say the same thing. Obviously you're going off some racism guidebook so please point me to the page where it says "you can't be a racist if you work with black people" or "you can't be a racist if black people like you". He said it himself that he prefers a certain type of black guy, Booker and Rock were vetted so maybe he likes those guys. That doesn't disqualify him from being a racist. Like this shit is so baffling to me the sort of mental gymnastics you and whoever else are putting yourselves through just to defend a guy who literally said "I am a racist" by telling me he is not racist because X, Y, and Z. I wonder what the argument would be if this was Enzo or some shit, but since it's Hulk Hogan it's "now wait a minute guys just because he casually spewed racist thoughts out of anger for who his daughter is dating doesn't mean he's racist. Remember the leg drop? No way he's racist." You gotta be kidding me. Is this really the hill you guys want to die on? If that quote ended with "annnd scene" then this would be a less substantive discussion, but no, he was caught in his truest form, or at least close to it being that he was with someone, casually saying what he thinks about black guys and how they're only decent if they make money.

For some reason people still think racism is only the pre-21st century, snarling, loud type of racism and that anything else isn't. There is such a thing as covert racism, the type that allows you to be a functioning member of society, that allows you to put The Rock over or whatever. Look, had we never heard his true feelings, everything would be fine, but we DID hear it and you are only arguing because you want to be a fan of him without it weighing on your conscience. Like him, I don't give a damn, but don't tell me why I should forgive him or why I shouldn't think he's racist. Just say you don't care he's racist and go buy a Hogan shirt, I personally don't take racism lightly enough to brush it off as easy as you're willing to.

Nice to see him back. As for 2k19, his model was pretty bad. Hogan caws look better than is actual model. Won't be the first time if Hogan will be a selling point.

Are you from the future?

Nice to see him back. As for 2k19, his model was pretty bad. Hogan caws look better than is actual model. Won't be the first time if Hogan will be a selling point.

Are you from the future?
what I meant if 2k is using his 2k15 model fpr future games, that model is pretty bad. Sorry, but I don't time travel.

Hogans "done his time". He was punished. He didn't work for three years and missed out on three years of money. (Though that didn't matter much with his court case). He's mainly lost respect of fans and co workers. He has the right to reintegrate back into society. MVP was a Armed robber and people seem fine with him? R-Truth has also been in a lot of legal trouble and IIRC due to his criminal record isn't allowed in certain countries. Hogan has had three years off and has spent much of it showing he's legitimately sorry. He could easily have said other racist stuff. Am I defending him? No. But we all deserve second chances. If he *censored*s up a second time then yeah screw him.

Also a lot of people are on high horses but I bet they've made racist comments. Even if it's something like "Asians are bad drivers" (Albert's words) or "black people have big dicks" because that's technically racist.

Hogans "done his time". He was punished. He didn't work for three years and missed out on three years of money. (Though that didn't matter much with his court case). He's mainly lost respect of fans and co workers. He has the right to reintegrate back into society. MVP was a Armed robber and people seem fine with him? R-Truth has also been in a lot of legal trouble and IIRC due to his criminal record isn't allowed in certain countries. Hogan has had three years off and has spent much of it showing he's legitimately sorry. He could easily have said other racist stuff. Am I defending him? No. But we all deserve second chances. If he *censored*s up a second time then yeah screw him.

Also a lot of people are on high horses but I bet they've made racist comments. Even if it's something like "Asians are bad drivers" (Albert's words) or "black people have big dicks" because that's technically racist.

He does, but that doesn't mean people have to forgive and forget. You also seem to think this was Hogan's first chance. Yes people do deserve second chances, but do you honestly think this was the first time something as controversial as this has come up in regards to the man? What about the time his son paralysed someone and Hogan said the victim was being punished by god..? How many chances are you going to give him before you admit that this dude is just a scumbag who isn't really deserving of our time.

Man I've been holding my tongue from this thread for too long. My main take away from this thread are the initial responses about him being eligible for some trash video games. Holy shit guys, get some perspective and sought out your priorities. I think this thread is very telling on who out of us really have anything of worth to contribute to this board because I see a lot of asinine posts about some things that should not matter.

Also EJ if you're reading this, excellent reply to RyderFan. That really gave me some perspective, so thank you.

Hogan is a big part of wrestling history, and he needs to be acknowledged for that much. But he also doesn't serve any purpose on the main roster in 2018...or even a special role like GM or a personal manager. He just doesn't offer much of anything.

Tbh, the only thing he might be good for, is sitting ringside during a Velveteen Dream match...and Dream gets to disrespect his old ass. Legitimately, write a segment where Hogan is backstage at an NXT show and he's like "Hey kid, I'm a big fan. You have potential"...and Dream is just like "The Dream doesn't know who you are." That's the only good thing Hogan could be involved in. And then have Hogan look sad, before never being seen again. He just gets shut down entirely by Dream, and then he's gone. :lol:

I am too lazy to go and quote everyone, but these are my final thoughts:

I dont think Hogan is truly racist. From what I could find, the tape was just over a minute and a half long and of poor quality, plus it starts only partway through. Heck, given how casual he sounds I bet Hogan forgot even the conversation even happened until the tape leaked. I am curious though as to the rest of that conversation. How did the conversation even get to that? Where did it go from there? Did the other people in the tape encourage Hogan to use such awful terms before the little snippet that was leaked? Who were those other people in the tape? When was the tape filmed? Granted, Hulks his own man, but whether you are 16 or 60, peer pressure is still a thing. It could just as easily have been him hanging out with friends of a friend and trying to fit in. We could then go into how Hulk needs go pick better friends but thats off topic. I dunno, I just try to see the best in people.

Regardless of any other specifics, the bottom line is what was leaked caused a great deal of offense to a lot of people, most notably with people of colour and Hogan was rightfully shown the door. Now he has been allowed back he needs to pick his moves extremely carefully. Mark Henry was bang on when he said Hogans first move should be to apologise. But what I disagree with him on was that it only needs to be to the wrestlers who are of colour. To me Hogan should apologise to absolutely everyone, regardless of age, race, gender, job description. It does not matter if you are Ember Moon, John Cena, Jane from catering or Graham who sweeps up the floors at 2 in the morning. Hulk should apologise to you. The other apology he should make should be on RAW or SmackDown, in front of a worldwide audience. Apologise for absolutely everything regarding that tape he can think of as well as the things he cannot. Show a geniune regret for what he said and how he acted. If he is 100% absolutely positively genuine in his apology I do not think it is fair that people hold it over him, we all make mistakes, it is a part of being human. If it is just some crap, generic, insincere stuff though then *Censored* him. He can get stuffed.

On a side note I know I said I was not gonna shout out or quote anyone, but Creep, when about did you hear about Hogans son paralysing someone? First I have heard of it.

On a side note I know I said I was not gonna shout out or quote anyone, but Creep, when about did you hear about Hogans son paralysing someone? First I have heard of it.

The Nick Hogan story was huge when it happened.

I actually thought he killed someone...but either way, he was a reckless turd.

The Nick Hogan story was huge when it happened.

I actually thought he killed someone...but either way, he was a reckless turd.

Yeah I have the memory of a goldfish. :lol: I am gonna see what details I can find in regards to The Hulkster about it.

If he is a legit racist he can't excatly put it in an autobiography. But when he went on his racist rant, he was in his own natural habitat not thinking he was recorded, right?

I really don't care about Hogan but he can't take back what he said.

If he really was racist he wouldnt have put that praise for Book in there at all. He didnt have to go out of his way to praise Booker like that. I do see your point on the video but he also had the decency to aplogise and he has done his time for it. The big thing for me though is that every major name in wrestling at the time stood up for and defended Hulk when the tooic came up. If he truly was racist then we would have all sorts of stories like Hogan didnt like the colour of my skin so he got my push cancelled. Instead nothing like that popped up when it would have been the perfect time for it to do so.

It doesn't matter that he apologized for it, which he most likely did to avoid losing contracts and sponsors and not because he was truly sorry. He still went on a racist tirade. Anyone can apologize and not mean it just for PR. If Hogan wouldn't have potentially lost money, would he still have apologized?

And of course most major names would defend Hogan. They have no problem with racism, know Hogan and don't think of him as a racist or a bad guy even if he is, or see him as a hero or influential enough that they'd let anything slide.

"Asians are bad drivers" isn't necessarily racist. If Albert drove in Japan, then he'd be justified in saying that, even though he does seem to be generalizing.

"easily have said other racist stuff" isn't a defense for him saying what he did. Racism is still racism even if Hogan could have said worse or if the KKK could have tried to go after every single black person but didn't. It's impossible to take people like you and bdon seriously when you've never experienced racism or subtle racism, and when you speak from a position of privilege. "Oh we should give racists second chances!" "People are just trying to play victims!" jfc

Hogan doesn't have the right to be exempt from criticism and not being forgiven.

"Asians are bad drivers" isn't necessarily racist. If Albert drove in Japan, then he'd be justified in saying that, even though he does seem to be generalizing.

Saying Asians are bad drivers is absolutely racist. Anything that collectively addresses an entire race of people for one reason or another is racist (outside of something obvious and factual, like saying that Mexicans live in Mexico). If you're generalizing based on nothing but prejudice, then yeah...that's *censored*ing racism, bro.

I'm fine with Hogan coming back. I'm fine with him getting back into the games. But the mental gymnastics I see in here to try and state hes not racist is really sad. He says in the bloody voice clip that hes a racist. He doesnt just say racist shit, he ACKNOWLEDGES that he is one.

The excuses people make for him are baffling. "Without him you wouldnt be a fan"... So? So *censored*in what? Doesnt matter how much I love their music, if David Draiman was caught saying he thinks women are inferior then im going to call him a piece of shit. Your accomplishments do not justify saying hateful shit.

And for the record, I have been a very angry person in the past, but ive never said anything racist because of it. That excuse doesnt fly.

TL;DR, im fine with him coming back but i still think hes a piece of human garbage and that aint changing anytime soon.

I'm fine with Hogan coming back. I'm fine with him getting back into the games. But the mental gymnastics I see in here to try and state hes not racist is really sad. He says in the bloody voice clip that hes a racist. He doesnt just say racist shit, he ACKNOWLEDGES that he is one.

The excuses people make for him are baffling. "Without him you wouldnt be a fan"... So? So *censored*in what? Doesnt matter how much I love their music, if David Draiman was caught saying he thinks women are inferior then im going to call him a piece of shit. Your accomplishments do not justify saying hateful shit.

And for the record, I have been a very angry person in the past, but ive never said anything racist because of it. That excuse doesnt fly.

TL;DR, im fine with him coming back but i still think hes a piece of human garbage and that aint changing anytime soon.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. I'm indifferent to him coming back, but the people defending him are a bit ridiculous. The dude is racist no matter how you spin it. If you can let his racism slide then good for you, but defending it is something else entirely.

Also the people whose initial responses were about a damn video game also piss me off. Grow up a little.

Archived