General Gaming Discussion

Senex Beast

Guest Fight Me.
26 minutes ago, Kombatant said:

Does anybody use custom music while playing? Just randomly curious because I usually use Spotify for most games and especially fighters, shooters and action games like GTA or Avengers!

Rarely but I do use Spotify sometimes to listen to podcasts while I play some games. Definitely depends on the game. But it is a nice way to keep up to date on them since I don't commute as much these days lol

Edited by Fight Me.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't actually play most non-PC games with audio at all unless its a brand new game I want to experience properly. Most of the time if i'm playing a game on my PS4 or my X1, i'm listening to music, videos, podcasts, etc on my laptop while I do so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/9/2021 at 2:26 AM, BrandonX said:

I ordered an AV to HDMI converter box for my PS2 so I can play it on my new television. Amazon is being weirdly stingy with shipping it, however.

I've been watching a lot of videos of people restoring junk PS2's on youtube recently, and it's giving me serious nostalgia to maybe dismantle and clean my old fat PS2. I don't know...just something about the fact that junk PS2's are really not worth anything at all...but people still take the time and money to lovingly restore them to "like new" condition. Also, my old fatty still works. Well...it broke WAY back...several times. Back when it was the actual PS2 era. I had it shipped away for repairs, and I repaired it myself at least once after that. But, yeah...I like thinking about the fact that it's still functional. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mr.Dreadful said:

Microsoft was going to raise the price for Gold then got shat ALL OVER by gamers and the gaming media, now they announced they will not raise the price. lol

Yeah, i dont know how they didnt see this coming.
They obviously were super confident that people would be okay with that, they badly missread the situation on that. XD

But goes to show, they take turns messing up.
You had sony with the messy console start, now you have MS with this, then its Sonys turn again...never gets boring in the gaming community. XD

I saw it said elsewhere but it bears repeating considering that situation.

Game companies don't see good will as just that, good will. They see good will as a currency they can build up and then spend to do shitty stuff. This is in my opinion one of the reasons we've started to see a lot of publishers destroying their own reputation as of late. They're trying to "cash in" their good will and realizing suddenly that nah, it doesn't *censored*ing work that way.

Horizon: Zero Dawn's Lead Designer, Mike Nash, passed away at age 36... from the parent's message, it sound like he commited suicide...

UPDATE: Turns out it wasn't suicide. Due to anxiety from stress because of work and being quarantined. He took medicine but it wasn't a suitable one, so it most likely accidental.

Edited by AegisAvenger

Kevin Heart is confirmed to play Rowland in the Borderlands movie..idk about this, I like Kevin I just don't know if he could do it. If they trust him, then I shall too. Saw someone suggest this, I would love if Ryan Reynolds would voice CL4P-TP. Or just bring the OG back, unlike Borderlands 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'll definitely take a HD Skyward Sword, I actually enjoyed that game. Hell I bought a dang Wii just so I could play that game, I also bought a Wii U to play BOTW. I would love a regular switch so I could use the joycons to swing the sword like Wii but they made it playable on the Lite so thats ok. Saw someone say Arin Hansen left the stream as a joke because he doesn't really like SS. I almost 100% the game, I just couldn't get THAT DANG PUMPKIN MINIGAME WHERE YOU USE YOUR ARROWS TO SHOOT THEM. I played that MG so many freaking times I just gave up lol

While i'm happy i'll finally get to try Skyward Sword without goddamn motion controls, i'm frustrated as *Censored* they STILL haven't ported over the Windwaker and Twilight Princess remasters.

4 hours ago, TrisetMaster908 said:

I'll definitely take a HD Skyward Sword, I actually enjoyed that game. Hell I bought a dang Wii just so I could play that game, I also bought a Wii U to play BOTW. I would love a regular switch so I could use the joycons to swing the sword like Wii but they made it playable on the Lite so thats ok. Saw someone say Arin Hansen left the stream as a joke because he doesn't really like SS. I almost 100% the game, I just couldn't get THAT DANG PUMPKIN MINIGAME WHERE YOU USE YOUR ARROWS TO SHOOT THEM. I played that MG so many freaking times I just gave up lol

TBH I have no clue how people still like Arin Hanson but it is what it is I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

A year old elden ring trailer using some placeholder leaked off-screen gameplay today, and to say i am happy would be the understatement of the century.

4 hours ago, BrandonX said:

A year old elden ring trailer using some placeholder leaked off-screen gameplay today, and to say i am happy would be the understatement of the century.

HYPE! 

• 2 weeks later...

^ I haven't even tried. Gave up a long time ago. (Except, I'm getting Xbox, not PS5). Still...I'll get one when I get one.

It's ludicrous that it's still impossible to find. But, I'm sure the pandemic and all the political stuff (tariffs, embargos, etc) is the main reason for it all.

Under normal circumstances...it probably would have been a month or two tops.