General Gaming Discussion

Senex Beast

Friday the 13th survived much longer than I thought it would... which is shocking, seeing as how it was in lawsuit limbo almost immediately upon its launch 7-ish years ago.

Seriously hoping TCSM finds its niche and sticks around for more than a handful of years, it's infinitely more fun to play than many of the other asymmetrical horror games out there. The game's developers are as passionate now as they were when F13 was early in its lifespan.

I dunno.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Do any of you feel weird playing realistic military shooters like Battlefield and Call of Duty now because of the invasions and wars? I haven't liked COD in a while but been seeing ads for the new game and players getting hypedand it feels weird right now and especially there they feature the middle east and Russia.

Not about being politically correct but it just feesl weird to me and so I skip past Battlefield games now when I see them on gamepass

Same with GTA . I love it and can do missions  but no random massacres or certain cop chases because mass shootings and deadly chases come to mind 

^

I have never been a fan of modern war games. I've played a few historical ones...and that's always been where I've drawn the line. War in general is just kinda bullshit to me. I don't really appreciate or respect the current state of the US military complex. I like some war movies (the ones that show the real side of the conflict and the lives affected by it)...and I like a few war games that do the same, but those are rare in the world of gaming. 

I'm not interested in any of these games that glorify war or have a visage of a man with his face painted to look like a skull or anything. It's definitely the kind of thing where it feels like it indoctrinates people into the military machine. I have no problem playing various other shooters...even ones with modern and realistic weapons. I'm not a prude when it comes to violence...but, I don't deal with the ones that represent actual nations or political conflicts; Especially when the US armed forces have literally used some of those as training tools and recruitment.

Something like GTA or Red Dead Redemption doesn't bother me...because, there is just a degree of goofiness to the whole thing that removes it from reality, I think. It's hard to explain. But, I don't care for those war games, and I do think it's a slippery slope to make ultra realistic scenarios where people experience shootings from the perspective of the shooter. Like...the one game that had the infamous airport level. People love that and praise it a bit too much...and I don't think it's something that ever really needed to be done or should have been done.

So, yeah...I'll play games like GTA, or Quake, where enemies are blown into piles of chunks. I'll play Fallout, Starfield, Bioshock, etc. A laundry list of violent shooters...but not anything that purports to be a real conflict between real militaries, or allows players to assume the role of a terrorist or something. I'm not a fan.

Edited by Generations

12 hours ago, Senex Beast said:

Same with GTA . I love it and can do missions  but no random massacres or certain cop chases because mass shootings and deadly chases come to mind 

I have no problems with murdering random people in GTA V, or running them over with cars etc. Because I can shut myself off from the real world. That's just me though.

13 hours ago, Graeme Jones said:

I have no problems with murdering random people in GTA V, or running them over with cars etc. Because I can shut myself off from the real world. That's just me though.

I mean...I can "shut myself off from the real world" with something like Modern Warfare as well...but, that's not really the issue for me. It's more just that I know it's based on actual conflicts, so it feels scummy and not like something that should be a game of any sort. GTA doesn't have that...because it's purely fictional. With those war video games, it's like...real people in the real world live through those conflicts...so, glorifying them feels "off". 

Edited by Generations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally ordered myself a Playstation 5 from GAME. It will come with Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 and a free copy of Witcher III Complete Edition. All for £498. Not bad. 

I have never played Witcher III, so I am looking forward to playing that. 

10 hours ago, Generations said:

Hope you're ready to lose the next year or so of your life. Lol

Oh I am prepared.....and have told all my friends and family to NOT DISTURB me lol. Funny thing is, I have a sealed copy of Witcher III for PS4, which I got when it released. I got distracted with other games and totally forgot about it LOL

13 hours ago, Creepy Bro said:

Feelsbadman

RIP to the rest of my 12 month PSN subscription that I extended in September. Ah well, shit happens lol. I got a new subscription, but forgot to upgrade to the pack that allows me to play PS4 games. Luckily I saved all my PS4 games to my 3 TB Drive.