General Gaming Discussion

Senex Beast

The recent talk around Konami is definitely interesting. Between those potential Silent Hill leaks and the rumours of a new remastered Metal Gear Solid collection (1-3) possibly happening, it's so weird that they might be moving back into full AAA gaming again.

They're supposedly going to announce something major at Tokyo Game Show so we'll just have to wait and see.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have too many beloved IP's to be f**king about making p*ss poor mobile games and pachinko machines.

Its disheartening to see how much they've neglected Silent Hill over the years, I hope these rumors are true. Although I'm a little meh about it apparently being Bloober Team working on it.

I'll still never forgive them for robbing people of seeing Kojimas Silent Hills.

Edited by Kman

I'll get excited when they actually drop something. All these talks and announcements mean nothing to me coming from that camp anymore, regardless of their gaming division restructuring

Apparently, the entire script leaked for the sequel game. Not the remake. There was also a previous rumour about a game with short stories, which I think is a good idea.

Throughout Silent Hill, you'd find strange diary entries about people. This happened with Walter from SH4: The Room, before he debuted in person. He was mentioned in a newspaper in SH2 in the skip beneath the apartment complex. So things like this can unintentionally lead to branching paths.

As for why they'd remake SH2 over SH1...

SH2 is basically the most renowned game in the series, and they can probably have Pyramid Head now acting like a Mr. X (from RE2) type stalker enemy. Like, you may hear his sword being dragged in a hallway before you see him coming around the corner. But he will be slow enough to give you time to find a spot to hide. So that could be kind of unique.

If you take into account the RE games though, it's a bit sad how they have left out CV. But RE4 is the big game that's gonna make big money. But that's still pretty disappointing from the standpoint of the order, because then the continuity is a bit muddled up now. After all, CV is the actual sequel to RE2. The real RE4, in a sense. 

In the case of SH games, SH2 is different from the first game, and isn't really very interconnected in terms of the plot. SH3 is, however, a follow up to the original game.

Heather Mason is the main character. But in SH2, James has his own objective, and it has nothing to do with Cheryl or the cult. So not remaking SH1 may not matter, even if there is a huge demand for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's a Resident Evil showcase scheduled for next month. Capcom will probably be showing more footage from the RE4 remake.

Now I didn't think the original RE4 had much in common with the previous games, but it certainly delivered in the action department. However, with this remake, I think they aim to focus more on the horror side of things.

One thing that disappointed some fans was that shift towards action I speak of. Buying things from a vendor also feels kind of silly, and not very survival horror like. Because in the past, you were usually by yourself, and finding a grenade launcher or something cool at random felt more rewarding. Purchasing it was just Hollywood like and cheesy. 

The early concept for RE4 was kind of weird. Leon was in a castle and he was supposed to be infected. There was a ghost type enemy with a hook that pursued you. It looked more supernatural, but he was experiencing hallucinations. So that was the cause. 

However, all of that ultimately got scrapped and became Devil May Cry in the end. But I heard rumours that this version may implement it in some manner. 

sounds interesting! I play every day to improve my gaming skills, I want to take part in pro tournament one day. One of my fav games is Overwatch. Since I found overboostpro service playing the game is even more entertaining. I play with a team and sometimes I ask pro players to play instead of me, it helps to get higher rank or better weapon faster.

Edited by devjo

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting... I've actually thought about doing another Fallout 4 run after I did the SSD upgrade on my PS5.

The Silent Hill 2 ad that I saw on my PS5 this morning also made me happy.

Edited by Creepy Bro

36 minutes ago, Creepy Bro said:

Interesting... I've actually thought about doing another Fallout 4 run after I did the SSD upgrade on my PS5.

If they do well with fixing most of the annoying bugs etc? I'll do a full modded Survival run (XBSX) next year. I'd love, love love, love 5GB for mods!

The RE4 remake is quite hilarious.

Leon gets attacked by Jason 2.0 (not his actual name) and he can parry that sucker's chainsaw attack with his super knife. 

Yikes! Steel on steel, simply stealing the show...

I don't know why these spoiler tags keep appearing in my posts. LMAO. :)

Regards, from Health Drink.

Edited by Health Drink

^ Chainsaws in movies and games are always absurd, tbh. 

Anyone who has any experience with them knows how fickle they are, and how easily they are damaged or stalled.

Always kind of hilarious to see them effortlessly cut through things that they never could. (Or how quickly they cut through things that would realistically take much longer).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...