General Gaming Discussion

Senex Beast

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Was talking with my buddy about games we’d love made. With Valhalla coming up it sparked the convo about AC. Now I took a break from the series after Unity. But around March of this year I brought Origins and Odyssey as they were on sale on the PS store. Haven’t finishing Origins as surprisingly to me Odyssey peaked my interest more. Needless to say, I’m on my 3rd new game of Odyssey and while it has its flaws I enjoy it overall. I’m definitely buying Valhalla first day. With that being said I would love an AC game set in China. The stealth would for sure have to be amazing and exquisite. I can just see the landscape being beautiful and gorgeous. Have us kill famous polarizing figures and leaders. I want it and need it. What do you guys think about an eventual AC China game? 

Yeah I definitely loved AC Odyssey very much. Syndicate was fun for me as well, in case you eventually wanna try it since you skipped from Unity to Origins. AC already did AC Chronicles: China (along with India and Russia) even though they're short 2.5D games. But I'm not sure what other time periods AC can do so I'd be down for them to revisit China. They can't do Edo period Japan since Ghost of Tsushima did AC Japan better than AC ever could lol.

1 hour ago, Jeb ★ said:

Yeah I definitely loved AC Odyssey very much. Syndicate was fun for me as well, in case you eventually wanna try it since you skipped from Unity to Origins. AC already did AC Chronicles: China (along with India and Russia) even though they're short 2.5D games. But I'm not sure what other time periods AC can do so I'd be down for them to revisit China. They can't do Edo period Japan since Ghost of Tsushima did AC Japan better than AC ever could lol.

Totally agree, Syndicate was a lot of fun. I'd say I'm a bit biased because the Victorian era (more specifically London during this time period) is of huge interest to me, so at the time I was getting it regardless of whether it was a good game or not. However, even if you're not too hot about the time period, it's worth playing; I thought Evie and Jacob were great, the side missions were enjoyable, and the grappling hook made getting around really easy. 

57 minutes ago, Kombatant said:

Is there a list of confirmed next gen game upgrades? So far I know..

Gears V

GTA V

Halo Infinite

Marvel's Avengers

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Cyberpunk 2077

Mortal Kombat 11

This is a good video if you ever think of getting a PS5. Not all of them are free though.

Any multi-plats on here should be the same for the Series X.

Edited by AlterNation

1 hour ago, Kombatant said:

Is there a list of confirmed next gen game upgrades? So far I know..

Gears V

GTA V

Halo Infinite

Marvel's Avengers

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Cyberpunk 2077

Mortal Kombat 11

I think Dead by Daylight could be added to this list, from what I've been reading up on anyway...

So as I’ve stated before I took a break from the AC series after Unity. So I was so out of the loop of about the series I assumed Origins was right after Unity and then Odyssey. I thought Syndicate was like a PSP/Vita fake or something I didn’t care to get because didn’t have handhelds outside of Nintendo at that point. So I stumble upon Syndicate on the PSN store which was like 8 dollars and some change I believe. So I see the year it came out and I’m like wait, there was another AC game right after Unity and before Origins??????!!! I must play it. I didn’t even search reviews or anything I just needed it because the price and I was baffled I innocently skipped over it. So I’ve been playing it for about 4 hours and wow. The twins are hilarious and fun. The grapple gun while I guess takes away from all parkour or you wouldn’t parkour as much without the gun, is amazing! Like this is more fun for me that Origins and Odyssey. The combat is so fast and beat em up. London is so amazing. Like I’m surprised this wasn’t the FIRST game they went full RPG. Especially with switching between the twins so far. Just interesting and I’ve already pre-ordered Valhalla. I’ve really slept on this series. Even for its faults, AC provides some great fun overall for me. Syndicate may be my favorite AC game I’ve played at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...