General Gaming Discussion

Senex Beast

and have proper backwards compatibility instead of needing to patch it in game by game. I got a bunch of games that ain't popular enough to get individual patches.

That's not how it works.

they emulate the games from Xbox and 360, so they have to get the licence individually. It's the same for the PS with PS now.

The list will remain the same it currently is, until they add more that is.

Most games that currently aren't never will be because either the licence is too expensive, the owners wont allow it, or the company that makes it no longer exists.

This will launch with compat for all Xbox One games (as their license counts as part of Xbox One, and this new console wont be emulating it), and all games currently backwards on XBO from 360 and OG Xbox.

it's impossible for Xbox One and PS4 to play old gen games without emulating them, and Sony, unlike MS, don't think it's worth setting it up for all those PS3 games (if they did, they'd have a pretty similar list to Xbox One)

I am well aware of that, thus why I said I hope they change to a better method if they want to justify the size and bulk.

I didn't say it worked like that, I said that it really shouldn't.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching The Witcher on Netflix is making me wanna buy The Witcher 3 (I know, watching the show before playing the game instead of vice versa :/) but I just finished Horizon Zero Dawn and I fear I'll get RPG fatigue

From what I understand it's actually more based on the books than the games.

Oh yea I heard about that, I'm just kicking myself fot the fact that it took a show adaptation for me to wanna get invested in what's apparently one of the best games lol. At least the complete edition is cheap af at $20

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished Witcher 3's main story. What a blast it was playing through it. I got one of the good endings

Empress Ending (with Yen). I have another save right after Battle of Kaer Morhen so I might go and get the Witcher ending to see which save I'd prefer to do the DLC quests on. Idk, right now I'm happy with the Empress ending

Bought new Joycons for my Switch...again. Even though I just bought the purple and yellow-orange ones back in October. This time, I got the other pair that came out back in October...the blue and neon yellow ones. So...now I have three pairs for no good reason. The gray ones that came with my original system...and those other two pairs I just mentioned. And I'm sure I won't stop there. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Bought Rise Of The Tomb Raider for 30 bucks and i'm honestly regretting spending even that amount. The game falls apart into a buggy mess in the last third and the collectathon bullshit in the post game is just infuriating.

Bought Rise Of The Tomb Raider for 30 bucks and i'm honestly regretting spending even that amount. The game falls apart into a buggy mess in the last third and the collectathon bullshit in the post game is just infuriating.

Lol...the *Censored* are you even talking about?

The 2013 Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are all excellent games. I don't remember anything "buggy mess" about any of them. And no one can be blamed for you buying a game with a heavy collection aspect other than yourself. :lol:

Lol...the *Censored* are you even talking about?

The 2013 Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are all excellent games. I don't remember anything "buggy mess" about any of them. And no one can be blamed for you buying a game with a heavy collection aspect other than yourself. :lol:

Had to restart the game 3 times because of a bug where I would get shot by invisible enemies when I tried to use a trebuchet, fell through the world twice during the final boss battle, numerous instances of Lara just refusing to grab on to ropes and ledges, a few enemies falling through the world, game froze up on an audio repeat while looking at a relic, and finally game froze again during the post credit cutscene with Ana.

As for the collecting, I have no problem with collectathons as long as they're good, but I found a lot of the ones in ROTR to be quite obnoxious, especially the challenges and certain areas still being blocked off post game forcing unnecessary (in my opinion) loading screens because you need to go back to a fire to fast travel to areas that should be easy to access in one fluid motion once the post game begins.

But who am I kidding, you're probably just looking to pick a fight again so thats all I'll say on the matter. I didn't like it, I regret spending money on it, I liked the first one a hell of a lot more, the end.

Gen did you do a line of coke or were you just being a dick? There was legit nothing that Brandon said that warranted that rude ass response. And for the record there have been other people who have called that game buggy. Pretty sure there was a whole Reddit thread/several about it. Clean your shit up. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Is a Nintendo Switch Lite worth it? I would like a regular Switch because of the docking feature but it's literally sold out everywhere now 😂 it would be my first time owning a Nintendo console since the Gameboy Advance, so idk if the Lite would be more for a Nintendo 'casual' like me lol. Now that I think about it though the Lite would be more towards my budget considering the extra I'm gonna have to spend on games since Nintendo games never go on sale (also yes, this sudden need is because of Animal Crossing New Horizons).

Update: found someone selling a regular Switch not too far from me for less than $300 so unless something happens I'll probably get that within the next two weeks. My first games will be Animal Crossing (never played one before) and either Mario Odyssey or Smash Bros Ultimate lol

Guest Fight Me.

Really fun and probably the best Star Wars game in a min.

23 minutes ago, Jeb ★ said:

Update: found someone selling a regular Switch not too far from me for less than $300 so unless something happens I'll probably get that within the next two weeks. My first games will be Animal Crossing (never played one before) and either Mario Odyssey or Smash Bros Ultimate lol

I would start out with Smash and Odyssey over Animal Crossing personally, but all great choices nonetheless.

17 minutes ago, M3J said:

Signed up for free trial to GameFly, and they sent me Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order. How is this game? 

Really good single player game

My friends persuaded me to get Animal Crossing :P whichever one I don't get between Odyssey and Smash I'll also get sooner than later lol