General Gaming Discussion

Senex Beast

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think AR is actually the future (like the Holo Lens)...but, that thing is way too expensive to be practical. Still...I do think that's more in-line with the future than standard VR is. It would be awesome if MS revealed a cheaper version of the Holo Lens alongside Project Scarlett. Then we'd be off to the races. I would be willing to pay about $600 for one...but it currently sits at $3500...plus, you need to "talk to a representative" to even obtain one. Lol.

Edited by Generations

I don't have a Switch Lite...but, I think the upsides are a slightly better screen, and better battery life...or something.

For me, it's really not enough to warrant getting one. The joy-cons are about 85% of what makes the Switch cool. Get rid of that, and you basically have a PSP or a Vita. I'm sure the new format is beneficial to people who are okay sacrificing features to save money...but that ain't me. Also, I think you lose rumble on the Lite. The standard Switch has really nice rumble...so, that's a big downside, IMO.

Edited by Generations

When they're talking backwards compatibility on these new platforms, are they talking digital or physical disc?

Im hoping both, i have a ton of PS2 and PSX games on disc i want to play.

Yeah man backwards comp should absolutely be a thing for every generation of consoles they put out, especially with digital copies of games.

For anyone who's wondering, this is what the PS5 console may or may not end up looking like. This is just a dev kit prototype design that got revealed online a few months ago and Sony has not confirmed whether it is final or not.

The final version is most likely gonna look different but, I don't hate this one. I don't really care how different they make the console look as long as it does everything they say it's supposed to do. The thing I really care about is the controller because, I mainly play fighting games and I've always preferred the Dual Shock D-Pads over arcade sticks. Here's all of the confirmed info about the console and the controller so far.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-26-ps5-specs-details-games-6300

"Put it on a shelf in your living room" is the last thing that comes to mind when I see that.

First thought is "Kinda looks like a PC component...like something that would go inside of PC case"

Second thought is..."Looks like something that goes inside of a car. Even has a cupholder."

Yeah, I'm confused. Because there have been rumors of them tracking down AKI for a No Mercy type of feel. But also Cody is quoted apparently as saying the game people have been wanting is what we're aiming for or whatever. So I'm excited and we'll see what they feel is what everyone wants.