General Gaming Discussion

Senex Beast

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I hate about games like Tropico...

You can have a perfect gameplan, good funds, high praise from the citizens...and then the game just flips everything against you at no fault of your own. Shit that doesn't even make sense. I was playing Tropico 5 last night and that shit happened. I have in excess of 80k, was building everything my people wanted, had something like 65% of the popular vote, the foreign powers were also happy. Then an election is coming up...I literally get the prompt about the election, and it says "you have 65% of the popular vote projected"...I click ok on the notice...and two seconds later, my approval drops to like 40%. What? Nothing changed. That's *censored*y. The game did that just to make me lose...

Edited by Generations

I'm playing Tales of Berseria (my first Tales game) and it's really refreshing to play as the villain in a game

So there's a Ghostbusters: The Video Game remaster launching on PS4 later this year?

Great news, I never got the platinum on PS3.... the servers went dark, and I'm still stuck at 98% completion.

So there's a Ghostbusters: The Video Game remaster launching on PS4 later this year?

Great news, I never got the platinum on PS3.... the servers went dark, and I'm still stuck at 98% completion.

Well, I doubt that's gonna change. :lol: Remasters have a new set of trophies, pretty sure. Even if the trophies are identical, you'll have to play through again. Not like you're gonna fire up the remaster and get the last achievement you need for 100%.

Edited by Generations

Well, I doubt that's gonna change. :lol: Remasters have a new set of trophies, pretty sure. Even if the trophies are identical, you'll have to play through again. Not like you're gonna fire up the remaster and get the last achievement you need for 100%.

Well, yeah... I figured as much.

I'm more than prepared to start from scratch... but if they decide to shut the servers down again, a little notice would be nice this time.

But for the record, I think it's two trophies that I'm officially missing for the platinum.

Seriously? I bought two copies off Amazon for my XBox 360 and both crashed at the Grey Lady scene (tried two disks on two different Xbox consoles too).

I hope this is the "proper" one, and not the 2016 "Feminist" crap one?

I hope this is the "proper" one, and not the 2016 "Feminist" crap one?

I've heard that it is the "proper" one, but thanks to a friend of mine, I agree with him and wouldn't be surprised if they added things from the craptastic 2016 version of the film.

• 2 months later...

I keep seeing that ad for THqNordic's Wreckfest and the vehicular damage is getting to me. Like, I don't do racing games but I love wrecking cars. Sheeit.

Forgot this topic existed.

Sega is teasing a "major, AAA title" to be revealed at Gamescom in Germany. To me, that means it has to be either a returning franchise, or a brand new IP that they're really trying to push as a new Sega cash cow. It could just be some crappy Sonic game...but, I'm hoping for Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Phantasy Star, Crazy Taxi...any of those, really.

Edited by Generations

Crazy Taxi, eh?

Now that's a game that I haven't played in forever, but I'd love to drive around and make some of that CRAAAAAZY MONEY all over again!!

Edited by NegativeCreep

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing my 3DS a lot lately...after months (years?) of not using it at all.

Man...I forgot how much I loved the thing. I mean...I still love the Switch, but, I forgot how nice it was to have a fully customizable home menu with badges from the Nintendo Badge Arcade, and different background themes to suit the season. It really livens the whole experience up and makes me want to play more often.

On that note, I decided to play the whole Yo-Kai series (something I always had interest in, but never got around to during the life of the system). So, yeah...I'm starting with buying all of those. Then I'm gonna go back and get all the other games I never played for 3DS as well...which includes a ton of Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda spin-offs. Like...all those Mystery Dungeon/Ranger games? Yeah...never played those. All of the Mario/Luigi "partner" games? Yeah...never played those either. The original Luigi's Mansion? Nope. And so on...

Edited by Generations

• 4 weeks later...

I watched a playthrough of it. Would never play a game like that,myself. Until Dawn seems way better. The next one lioks like it'll be cool though

Anyways I didnt realize State of Play was live. I jumped into the stream at the worst possible time. I almost turned it off with,it's weird "hand holding inanimate object" game

• 3 weeks later...