General Gaming Discussion

Senex Beast

Instead of making a bunch of new threads or bringing back old individual game threads, it'd be better to just discuss general stuff in one place.

-So addicted to Elder Scrolls Online. I was planning on getting it when it was about to come out but didn't expect much from it as I doubted it would be as great as Oblivion and Skyrim. I finally tried it and damn I was so wrong to doubt this and not getting it at launch!

-The Division is not as great as I thought it'd be. It's alright but don't know, maybe it's just because I'm heavily into other games right now. When I look into my games, I look at The Division for a few seconds and be like nah and end up going with other games

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owning all three current gen consoles, I find that I play my Switch more than the others lately, just because it's so easy to pick up and play. I try to play all three on a somewhat regular routine, but it does become a challenge. Just like anything else, there's hardly enough time to play one system, let alone the best offerings of three.

I also find myself trying to decide which non-exclusives to get for which systems. Sometimes it's obvious (anything retro, colorful, happy, or "kiddy" is a check in the Switch column)...but when it comes to PS4 or Xbox, things get a bit blurred. I think I'm going to get something like Jurassic World Evolution for Xbox...but I don't know yet which console I'll order Tomb Raider for...and I still need to pick a side for AC Origins and AC Odyssey as well. I'll probably go with Xbox for all of the above...because I eventually want a 4K tv and an Xbox One X. Then there's something like the Crash Trilogy, which would be great to have on Switch, but I feel obligated to add it to my PS4 collection. First world problems. :lol:

Edited by Generations

I agree with Muur. When it comes to discussing individual games, separate threads are more practical; no need to search through numerous posts in order to find one relevant to the game you want to talk about. A general gaming thread could be good if you're looking for recommendations etc. but I just don't see it working for discussions about certain games.

I said the same shit in my first post, then went back and edited it.

Because, you know what...there isn't a place to just randomly be like "Medieval was a cool game"...or ask "Who remembers the game Spot Goes to Hollywood?"

I enjoy open-ended discussions and the turns they take. Video games do kinda need such a discussion without being so segmented and regimented. I'm not going to make an entirely new topic to talk about something as insignificant as the Lion King game for Sega Genesis, but that discussion might happen here...and then that conversation might stem into Disney games in general, then Marvel games, and so on, and so forth.

Edited by Generations

Instead of making a bunch of new threads or bringing back old individual game threads, it'd be better to just discuss general stuff in one place.

-So addicted to Elder Scrolls Online. I was planning on getting it when it was about to come out but didn't expect much from it as I doubted it would be as great as Oblivion and Skyrim. I finally tried it and damn I was so wrong to doubt this and not getting it at launch!

-The Division is not as great as I thought it'd be. It's alright but don't know, maybe it's just because I'm heavily into other games right now. When I look into my games, I look at The Division for a few seconds and be like nah and end up going with other games

The Division was fun but got boring but im giving it a pass and trying the beta for the second cause Ubisoft always seems to get it right the second time.

Because, you know what...there isn't a place to just randomly be like "Medieval was a cool game"...or ask "Who remembers the game Spot Goes to Hollywood?"

I enjoy open-ended discussions and the turns they take. Video games do kinda need such a discussion without being so segmented and regimented. I'm not going to make an entirely new topic to talk about something as insignificant as the Lion King game for Sega Genesis, but that discussion might happen here...and then that conversation might stem into Disney games in general, then Marvel games, and so on, and so forth.

That's a good point, I must admit I really only had current titles in mind in my my original post. I guess we do need a thread where we can bring up old and/or obscure games.

Quick question regarding EA Access. A buddy of mine is recommending it, but do I get to play the games early through it?

Like for Madden 19, if I pre-order the HOF edition, I can play it 4 days early. Can I still play it early through EA Access?

Quick question regarding EA Access. A buddy of mine is recommending it, but do I get to play the games early through it?

Like for Madden 19, if I pre-order the HOF edition, I can play it 4 days early. Can I still play it early through EA Access?

You'd have to get it through a digital pre order but I'm pretty sure the answer is yes

Anyone ever play the original Genji: Dawn Of The Samurai game? Its sequel is what spawned the giant enemy crab meme.

Edited by G.M.P

15 months of PS+ is half price on Amazon for Prime Day if anyone's interested.

I got an SD card for my Switch...getting to the point where I'll need one soon.

And a Fire 10 tablet to replace my old Gen 1 model.

Website seems broken to me, though. Their main splash is obnoxious, and doesn't actually do anything when you click "show all deals". Luckily, I figured out how to get around that splash and see the regular Amazon page, but, yeah...pretty lame for people who can't get around it. Certainly not user-friendly for such a big occasion.

Anyway, keep us posted on more gaming deals. I'm keeping my eyes open...but I feel like games themselves don't have great deals anymore. I miss the days when I could go on there and see games randomly listed for under ten dollars. Good times...

I have the urge to play those genesis games now. I loved spot, the Sega one not the snes version.

Cheers for the heads up! I purchased this from Amazon last year when it was on offer because it's such a good deal, will definitely be doing it again this year.

For real. I've not had PS+ in literally years and now I'm covered to October NEXT year. Been too long since I've played online, hopefully this kickstarts my motivation to play games more.

I just have my PSN and XBL auto-renew. I know I spend more money that way...but I don't have to think about the money actually leaving. Lol. If it happens automatically, I can pretend it never happened at all. If I go out of my way to buy a code or something, then it's in my head.

Bogus... the timing on this sale couldn't have been worse for me, I had to renew my PS+ before the 15th of July.

"It is what it is..." XD

• 8 months later...

so I haven't gotten a chance to read it myself yet cuz I'm still at work. But this whole situation with Anthem has interested me from the beginning and I'm wondering if you guys manage to read the kotaku article about its development.

https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964

I did end up watching two videos about it so I have the gist of what's going on but it's been relatively silent on here about Anthem all together and I'm curious how you feel about it and just the direction gaming as a whole is moving

Edited by WNX

Square Enix and Xbox... There's just no logic there. It's ridiculous why it's not already done

Side note, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is getting a reveal trailer tommorow? Maybe? Hopefully EA won't cancel this one? Maybe?