RUMOUR: WWE Offering Big Money Deals to Indie Stars?

classiq.

I could see Cody and Omega being champs as long as they go to Smackdown. One thing about the brand split is that Vince locks down Raw with 2 or 3 people and smackdown is more open for who will be champ.

Smackdown will be the main show in 2 years.

Pile drivers are banned, Taker and Kane are only allowed to do them because of respect and being there 25 years etc

They aren't just banned in WWE either, I've seen other places not allowing them (though that might just be that one city that told ROH(?) what they can and cannot do and it was pretty much everything ever including top rope moves lol)

Wiki states that the UK and Mexico don't allow it in most companies as well though

You're talking about New Orleans (nothing to do with ROH) and they're obviously not banned in UK or Mexico.

Plus I doubt anyone in the company will ever do it in WWE besides Kane and taker it's their move

Why is it their move? Did they create it?

In way yeah it is at least for taker it his move

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never said he did but that move is synonymous with the Undertaker so in that regard it's his move and in WWE there's no way in hell they will let anyone else use that as a finisher

Only for those only watching WWE/WWF. The Tombstone has been around the globe and was used everywhere.

The Undertaker did not create the Tombstone Piledriver; if anything, he made the move famous and popular. Let's not pretend that if almost any given wrestling fan were to see the Tombstone executed by anyone other than Undertaker, they wouldn't automatically think of him.

The Undertaker did not create the Tombstone Piledriver; if anything, he made the move famous and popular. Let's not pretend that if almost any given wrestling fan were to see the Tombstone executed by anyone other than Undertaker, they wouldn't automatically think of him.

That's if you grew up watching WWE.

"Some companies"

Such as?

I guess someone should Mark Davis then. :hqhq:

http://imgur.com/Q9AlJIY

Dope af.

Overall I agree with him. His delivery is just usually off. Tombstone is def Takers move to me. Just like the superkick is Shawns move. I dont care what anyone says. I dont care who used it today. It never matches Shawns for me. Stunner belongs to Austin. Dont care if Whipwreck did it did it first. Chokeslam to me is Kanes move and etc.

He doesn't live in too much of bubble if he knows the name of some of the innovators at the very least, lol. All he's trying to say, is that guys like Undertaker, HBK, and Austin made their respective finishing moves popular amongst the wrestling world (or at least the mainstream side); therefore, it's pretty much synonymous with their name. I guarantee that more times than not, if you grab any random wrestling fan and show them a clip of someone doing the Stunner, they're not gonna immediately recall someone like Mikey Whipwreck or any other wrestler who's name isn't Steve Austin.

Also, the Superkick is practically this generation's version of the DDT, in the sense that nearly every other wrestler seems to do it.

I can't help but to feel like they're somewhat trolling at this point, but who knows.

Also, I really don't think the Superkick has always been used as much as it is today. A lot more people (even some big guys) normally use that move, and it's used in almost every cool, back-and-forth striking sequence that I've ever seen over the past 3 years or so, lol.

There is nothing wrong with the superkick being used a lot in recent years. It being a common and favourite movie doesn't take it away from HBK's legendary usage of the move.

Nah.

If you had a crate of fireworks, the superkick used to be a mortar...and now it's a sparkler. Everyone still loves the sparklers...but they're nowhere near as cool as the big shells...and you certainly don't want to watch an entire display of only sparklers.

Also, I would argue that it's detrimental to the Bucks themselves. Looks like they aren't capable of keeping opponents down with a kick. Looks like they lack power.

HBK is fine, because he's untouchable at this point. He'll always come across as someone who had stopping power behind his superkick. But the Bucks hurt themselves in using 30 kicks in a single match. They come across as wholly ineffective strikers.

Lmao, everyone used the superkick a bunch, even Shawn before it was his finish. I guess people should stop using punches so they don't tarnish Big Show's reputation. Is anyone mad that the Frankensteiner is just a move now too? I guess not because Scott Steiner was never WWE's golden boy. The double standard is real.

At no point in time (prior to the Bucks) did anyone ever use the superkick nearly as much.

"A bunch" is such a loose and bullshit term. What is "a bunch"? Two or three times in a match? The Bucks use that shit 15 times in a row and chant "superkick, superkick, superkick" as they do it. They also go out of their way to coin the term "killing the business" and try to be as over-the-top and try-hardish as possible to emphasis how much they spam the kick. Let's be real for a moment, and not deny things that are factually true. Whether you like the antics or not, trying to argue that the move has always been used this much is laughable (because it hasn't). Bucks intentionally build controversy around themselves by pissing people off with their use of the superkick. That's basically their entire gimmick. How are you going to sit here and argue otherwise. They exist to break kayfabe and be edgy.

Archived