RUMOUR: WWE Offering Big Money Deals to Indie Stars?

classiq.

And further more... an independent selling out a large arena like MSG ISNT GROUNDBREAKING. It was done hindereds of times by different promotions all over the country in the territory days, we just havent had a real strong independent scene that fans actually wanted to follow in quite a long time.

First of all ROH and New Japan aren't independent promotions and secondly no one other than Vince McMahon has done a million plus dollar gate in the US ever. So you're just wrong.

Lol what? They used to sell out fricken stadiums back in the day with guys down in Memphis, or in Dallas, it wasnt uncommon for them to have large crowds at all...

And ROH is most definitely still an independent wrestling company. NJPW is in the us, a independent wrestling company as well.

In the case of All-In , Kenny Omega has literally zero to do with the funding of the event, to the best of my knowledge. Thats all Cody and the Bucks. And idk about MSG, but again, All-In is the first non-WWE or WCW event to sell out a 10,000 seat venue in 29 minutes since 1993. Thats over a decade, thats certainly groundbreaking.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair do we know if it was 29 minutes or are they just saying that to make it more seen piped up I mean it's possible they could have fudge the numbers to to seem more popular

It could be 29 minutes, as a lot of the tickets are snapped up by the re-sale companies which then sell them on at triple the face value.

Fair do we know if it was 29 minutes or are they just saying that to make it more seen piped up I mean it's possible they could have fudge the numbers to to seem more popular

They learned about the sold-out thing via Twitter from fans...

It could be 29 minutes, as a lot of the tickets are snapped up by the re-sale companies which then sell them on at triple the face value.

Which is what happened.. all sorts of scalpers bought tickets and are selling them for WAY higher

Yeah, I could definitely see the event falling considerably short in the end. And those scalpers are to blame for shit like that happening...because they don't care whether those seats get filled or not.

Even if they sell half the tickets they bought, they can make profit and simply throw the other tickets away. Very few scalpers are concerned about moving every single ticket they have. They just want to break better than even.

How about you guys actually read on stuff before you come up with excuses to protect your precious WWE and try to shit on the hard work these guys are doing? The 'scalpers' for All In were way less than the usual percentage of scalper tickets for this kind of event. Summerslam had way more scalpers (percentage and number wise) than All In, for example. These guys could do a show that drew 12 million people with a 100 billion gate and there would still be people trying to say it's not a big deal. I guess that's the difference between being a wrestling fan and a WWE fan.

I cant believe how bad it was for all in though, I know there was one website who bought like over 1000 tickets and was selling them for $150 a pop

100% bullshit.

How about you guys actually read on stuff before you come up with excuses to protect your precious WWE and try to shit on the hard work these guys are doing? The 'scalpers' for All In were way less than the usual percentage of scalper tickets for this kind of event. Summerslam had way more scalpers (percentage and number wise) than All In, for example. These guys could do a show that drew 12 million people with a 100 billion gate and there would still be people trying to say it's not a big deal. I guess that's the difference between being a wrestling fan and a WWE fan.

I cant believe how bad it was for all in though, I know there was one website who bought like over 1000 tickets and was selling them for $150 a pop

100% bullshit.

Actually no it's called look at all sides of something cuz I'm pretty positive you have no records on scalpers and how many ticket scalpers bought

Lmao...you've really gone off the rails here.

It happens with every big event by every promotion in every area of entertainment. It happens with concerts, WWE, etc. How did you so defensively arrive at people "protecting precious WWE"? What a petty and laughable comment. Scalpers absolutely result in poor attendance. It's a fact. Do you really think that a "sold out" show is properly sold out by individual fans buying tickets? That's a new level of naivety to me...

Scalpers consistently buy entire rows of seats and then sell them for 3x the price they paid. A lot of those seats get bought second hand by people who want to go to the event...but a lot of them invariably do not. You can see the proof of this yourself...just go do a search for tickets for this event...I guarantee there is no shortage of them still available on third party sites (at a huge price increase).

Talking about people not being true wrestling fans because they mention scalping... :lol: The show sold out, and they got their money. The event did well, because the tickets are sold...but don't necessarily expect the building to actually be full. That is the takeaway here. And, yeah...why don't you actually present these "scalper statistics" that you claim to have...

Congrats on completely missing the point.

I didn't miss anything. You said that there were some statistics stating that the RoH shows had less scalpers...then gave no proof of such things...all while blasting people for being "pro-WWE/anti-indy" for suggesting that the tickets were scalped, which is a laughably bullshit claim.

So, again...where are these stats you have that claim to know the percentage of scalped tickets?

100% bullshit.

Bro it was all *censored*ing over Twitter that seats were going for like $150 that were like $30-40 range on the website

If Cody funding it counts as him and the other guys "single handedly selling it out", then I suppose every WW sell out is due to Vince McMahon. I mean, technically it is I guess - since he owns the company and could've NOT done the show... but that's a stupid thing to say

"SummerSlam sold out because of Vince"

If someone had posted that in a few days on the SS thread, they'd be called an idiot and probably told to kill themselves by MRN

If Cody funding it counts as him and the other guys "single handedly selling it out", then I suppose every WW sell out is due to Vince McMahon. I mean, technically it is I guess - since he owns the company and could've NOT done the show... but that's a stupid thing to say

"SummerSlam sold out because of Vince"

If someone had posted that in a few days on the SS thread, they'd be called an idiot and probably told to kill themselves by MRN

SummerSlam isn't an independent event. This argument falls flat immediately.

All of the promotion...all of the creation of All-In were Cody & The Young Bucks. They didn't even had a card announced (they still don't have the full card) when the event sold out.

Also All In doesnt have the name brand behind it like WWE shows do. People will tune in to WWE shows simply because of brand recognition... Cody and the Bucks do not have that and had to strive to achieve that.

I paid a ticket company £80 for a ticket right up the back of the Manchester Arena for Rebellion 2001 - it's nothing new.

Archived