RUMOUR: WWE Offering Big Money Deals to Indie Stars?

classiq.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea I definitely meant that in the literal sense . And he and the Bucks sold out MSG on their own. Cody definitely brings a market, just like the rest of BC except for maybe Tama Tonga and his brother.

Lol, calm down.

They did though. Granted being a joint even between ROH and NJPW . In the case of ROH , Id say Cody is arguably their top draw ... In the case of All-In. its purely self financed , it sold out in 29 minutes. But yeah , him and the bucks are doing nothing groundbreaking, totally average stuff ....

Yeah theyre definitely not crawling back to him. Lol Cody is def doing good since leaving WWE. But to me its nothing really groundbreaking. Its solid work for sure.

All-In is definitely groundbreaking
Not talking about the event. We were talking about Cody specifically as a talent.

Yeah theyre definitely not crawling back to him. Lol Cody is def doing good since leaving WWE. But to me its nothing really groundbreaking. Its solid work for sure.

Not talking about the event. We were talking about Cody specifically as a talent.

Yes. And Cody is one of the talents responsible for All-In. He could literally have retired from in-ring competition and leaving WWE. Wouldn't make that accomplishment less impresive. Just look at Triple H. All-In is more of a reason to "crawl back to him" (not that that is actually a thing) than any in-ring actions could ever be. The WWE has never prirotized that.

Yea I definitely meant that in the literal sense . And he and the Bucks sold out MSG on their own. Cody definitely brings a market, just like the rest of BC except for maybe Tama Tonga and his brother.

Lol, calm down.

They did though. Granted being a joint even between ROH and NJPW . In the case of ROH , Id say Cody is arguably their top draw ... In the case of All-In. its purely self financed , it sold out in 29 minutes. But yeah , him and the bucks are doing nothing groundbreaking, totally average stuff ....

When did I say they did nothing groundbreaking? The only thing laughable here is you claiming the Bucks and Cody sold out MSG on their own when they might not even be on the show.

lmao

Yeah All In is definetly groundbreaking. But to say Cody (above all) and Bucks are solely responsible for ii, is... well a really stupid thing to say.

I'm sure everybody rushed in to buy the tickets because of Cody Rhodes. besides, him as a wrestler... he is a quality worker. but nothing spectacular. he is a smart dude. he used the momentum and his name value in ROH and NJPW, and does a good job in promoting himself.

Lol, calm down.

When did I say they did nothing groundbreaking? The only thing laughable here is you claiming the Bucks and Cody sold out MSG on their own when they might not even be on the show.

I wasnt referring to you specifically . aono55 did say it isnt anything groundbreaking. So yeah , thats what I was referring to. And theyll be there , this isnt the first time ROH has run into this sort of problem and every time so far, theyve pulled through. Even if its a last match sort of thing, theyll be there .

lmao

Yeah All In is definetly groundbreaking. But to say Cody (above all) and Bucks are solely responsible for ii, is... well a really stupid thing to say.

I'm sure everybody rushed in to buy the tickets because of Cody Rhodes. besides, him as a wrestler... he is a quality worker. but nothing spectacular. he is a smart dude. he used the momentum and his name value in ROH and NJPW, and does a good job in promoting himself.

But they did though, theyre solely responsible for selling out All-In. Theyre the three promoters of the event and its solely their money thats being put into it, according to reports. So it isnt dumb to say at all, its a fact. Its the first non-related WWE and WCW wrestling event to sell out in that capacity in that amount of time since 1993. Like...

I wasnt referring to you specifically . aono55 did say it isnt anything groundbreaking. So yeah , thats what I was referring to. And theyll be there , this isnt the first time ROH has run into this sort of problem and every time so far, theyve pulled through. Even if its a last match sort of thing, theyll be there .

lmao

But they did though, theyre solely responsible for selling out All-In. Theyre the three promoters of the event and its solely their money thats being put into it, according to reports. So it isnt dumb to say at all, its a fact. Its the first non-related WWE and WCW wrestling event to sell out in that capacity in that amount of time since 1993. Like...

No, I said his work as a wrestler is nothing groundbreaking or spectacular... in ring. I specificly pointed that out.

And as I've said later, yes, as the promoters. But that doesn't have anything to do "with drawing power" we were talking before.

Yes. And Cody is one of the talents responsible for All-In. He could literally have retired from in-ring competition and leaving WWE. Wouldn't make that accomplishment less impresive. Just look at Triple H. All-In is more of a reason to "crawl back to him" (not that that is actually a thing) than any in-ring actions could ever be. The WWE has never prirotized that.

He was talking about him as a talent in ring...

People here are mixing things left and right. For whatever the reason.

Lol, calm down.

Their contracts expire before the MSG show. They may or may not be there. Not even themselves know if they'll be there at this point, most likely.

Im confused how people are just discounting all of Kenny omegas fan base and saying Cody and the bucks are the sole ones responsible for all in...

Every wrestling fan I know personally wanted to see what OMEGA was gonna be doing there, not the bucks or Cody.

And further more... an independent selling out a large arena like MSG ISNT GROUNDBREAKING. It was done hindereds of times by different promotions all over the country in the territory days, we just havent had a real strong independent scene that fans actually wanted to follow in quite a long time.

Im confused how people are just discounting all of Kenny omegas fan base and saying Cody and the bucks are the sole ones responsible for all in...

Every wrestling fan I know personally wanted to see what OMEGA was gonna be doing there, not the bucks or Cody.

And further more... an independent selling out a large arena like MSG ISNT GROUNDBREAKING. It was done hindereds of times by different promotions all over the country in the territory days, we just havent had a real strong independent scene that fans actually wanted to follow in quite a long time.

Kenny Omega has nothing to do with the creation of All-In.

Ok, I still dont think Cody is groundbreaking or special in the ring. Thats literally what Im saying. Shoutout to them for selling out an arena and stuff. But thats not what Im commenting on.

First of all ROH and New Japan aren't independent promotions and secondly no one other than Vince McMahon has done a million plus dollar gate in the US ever. So you're just wrong.

First of all ROH and New Japan aren't independent promotions and secondly no one other than Vince McMahon has done a million plus dollar gate in the US ever. So you're just wrong.

Lol what? They used to sell out fricken stadiums back in the day with guys down in Memphis, or in Dallas, it wasnt uncommon for them to have large crowds at all...

And ROH is most definitely still an independent wrestling company. NJPW is in the us, a independent wrestling company as well.

Lol what? They used to sell out fricken stadiums back in the day with guys down in Memphis, or in Dallas, it wasnt uncommon for them to have large crowds at all...

And ROH is most definitely still an independent wrestling company. NJPW is in the us, a independent wrestling company as well.

An independent company is generally owned and financed by the promoter. ROH is owned by a corporation. As is New Japan.

The can sell out all the stadiums they want, show me a 1 million dollar gate in the US for a non WWE show.

Do you know what independent means? ROH is owned by Sinclair, NJPW is owned by Bushiroad companies probably (I know Sinclair is) bigger than WWE.

Archived