RUMOUR: WWE Offering Big Money Deals to Indie Stars?

classiq.

WWE is reportedly prepared to offer contracts to Cody, Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks by the end of 2018, according to both The Wrestling Observer and WrestleVotes.

WWE is keen to sign these stars as they view them as the biggest threat of competition and want to eliminate that. Given their recent success in NJPW and the independents it will be interesting to see if any of them sign the deals which are believed to be worth a lot of money.

This weeks Wrestling Observer hints that WWE could throw a LARGE $$ offer at Cody, The Bucks & Omega at years end. They are legit stars but partly because they also want to end the threat of competition

Ive heard similar. The offers will come. No one knows the decisions yet.

https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/1012328812770680832

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/53147/WWE-Poised-To-Offer-Contracts-To-Cody-Kenny-Omega/

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe in another year or so, but things keep getting bigger and bigger for them outside of WWE so why stop here?

Also, the disrespect not offering Kota Ibushi, Marty Scurll and even Hangman Page contracts. Might as well go after the whole Being the Elite crew.

I want Cody to win the NWA title before he comes back. He owes it to Dusty.

Well...not "owes"...but it would be a cool thing to see...

Also, the disrespect not offering Kota Ibushi, Marty Scrull and even Hangman Page contracts. Might as well go after the whole Being the Elite crew.

Tbf, Ibushi had the offer when he was in the CWC. Don't blame him for not taking it...but he was certainly already on WWE's radar back then. As for Marty and Page...they just aren't the big names that some people consider them to be. Never really been anything special about either of them, tbh. Wouldn't hurt to have them also, but they certainly aren't worth the same type of offers than Kenny and Cody would be.

Those 'indie stars' Cody, Kenny and the Bucks lol. Anyways, it's obvious WWE will try to get those guys once thier contract runs out, you'd have to be asleep to not see that one coming.

Also, the disrespect not offering Kota Ibushi, Marty Scrull and even Hangman Page contracts. Might as well go after the whole Being the Elite crew.

Tbf, Ibushi had the offer when he was in the CWC. Don't blame him for not taking it...but he was certainly already on WWE's radar back then. As for Marty and Page...they just aren't the big names that some people consider them to be. Never really been anything special about either of them, tbh.

Lol, you not liking someone doesn't been there's not anything special about them. How oblivious must someone be to say there's nothing special about Marty Scurll...

Lol, you not liking someone doesn't been there's not anything special about them. How oblivious must someone be to say there's nothing special about Marty Scurll...

And I could say: "Lol, you liking someone doesn't mean they are worth top dollar".

Sorry...Page and Marty don't belong in the same conversation as Kenny and Cody. Facts. Maybe "special" is subjective...but no one should be arguing that those guys are top tier.

And I could say: "Lol, you liking someone doesn't mean they are worth top dollar".

Sorry...Page and Marty don't belong in the same conversation as Kenny and Cody. Facts. Maybe "special" is subjective...but no one should be arguing that those guys are top tier.

Never said he was in the same conversation as those two, even though he's way, way better than Cody in ring.

I know it's a cardinal sin to say anything but positive things about internet favorites. But, I'm only being realistic here. Not saying those guys aren't worth jack shit. Not saying they're failures. Just saying they aren't top stars, and probably never will be. If WWE wants a couple good workers to fill a niche roll, then by all means...Marty and Page fit that bill. But WWE's roster is already packed with guys exactly like that. So...

Yeah, let's pretend Marty Scurll isn't a better worker than the vast majority of WWE's roster and that he isn't a better promo than the vast majority of WWE's roster and that he hasn't got a better character than the bast majority WWE's roster. He's just an internet fav/indy darling, he's not that good.

Marty's definitely a better worker than Cody. I really don't see anyone can argue that; or at least, Marty's a lot more entertaining to watch in the ring. Promo-wise, I'm not sure...and he definitely has the presence and charisma. Compared to a lot of WWE's roster, Scurll trumps them.

Where are the influx of people to shoot down the "no doi these guys aint indy!!!!11!"? Expected you squares to come out in droves.

Cool, I'd like to see these guys in WWE. Big loss to other companies though.

Marty is awesome. But he's definitely not on the same level as Kenny, Cody and the Bucks in terms of starpower. I would believe that a decent number of casuals have at least heard the names of Omega and the Bucks bounce around, I don't think the same goes for Scurll.

If they were to sign the BTE guys, I could see him getting offered a contract as well, but probably on a smaller scale. Best way to put it is Omega and the Bucks would be instant main roster debuts, Scurll would probably go to NXT first.

Hangman Page is IMO in an even lower tier. He's good, but not overwhelmingly good like the rest of the guys. I never really hear people going on about him the way I do about the others, and he's probably the most forgettable of the group.

Now, that all said, I don't think they'll sign. Not yet. I think eventually we'll see Omega and the Bucks in WWE, and I'd say it's a given that Cody eventually comes back, but they're really on top of the world right now, and I think they're only gonna get bigger. The fact is, so long as they maintain their starpower, there will always be a contract waiting for them in WWE. It's up to them to become bigger and bigger so the prestige of said contract grows with them.

Ah yes..."better worker". Argued no one ever.

Scurll could be on the same level as a Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, Miz, etc. Not at all a bad place to be...which is why I said it wouldn't hurt for WWE to have him and Page. But he's still not a marquee name. Never will be. You aren't going to headline your show with Marty Scurll.

The argument was presented that it was wrong for WWE to be interested in Cody, Kenny, and the Bucks without being interested in Scurll and Page. My comments have merely presented the reasoning for that. Because they don't belong in the same conversation.

How *censored*ing hard is it to type Scurll? :lol:

Who says you can't headline a show with the Villain? Maybe not in the immediate years, but the dude has all the tools to do so in the future.

Who says you can't headline a show with the Villain? Maybe not in the immediate years, but the dude has all the tools to do so in the future.

Anyone "could" be big. Would he do better in WWE than he's done thus far? Would he rise there, where he hasn't risen yet? RoH doesn't have a fantastic roster at this point in time. You'd be kidding yourself if you said they did. They've been poached to the point where they have to try to make Scurll and Dalton champions. And they're doing okay in that aspect. But if Scurll isn't even the "big fish" in the small pond...then would he really ever become the big fish in the big pond? Or would he just become another face in the crowd? Someone to show up once every three weeks, and lead the crowd in a call and response of "woop woop" for shits and giggles.

Scurll could be on the same level as a Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, Miz, etc. Not at all a bad place to be...which is why I said it wouldn't hurt for WWE to have him and Page. But he's still not a marquee name. Never will be. You aren't going to headline your show with Marty Scurll.

:lol:

The argument was presented that it was wrong for WWE to be interested in Cody, Kenny, and the Bucks without being interested in Scurll and Page.

The 'argument' was clearly a joke. No one is disputing that Kenny, the Bucks and Cody are bigger stars than Scurll.

It's not impossible for a guy like Marty to go to the WWE and become a bigger star there in a few years.

Never said it was.

Asked if it was likely.

Really not sure why you're laughing at me saying that Scurll could be a multi-time workhorse champion in the WWE...isn't that what you're trying to tell me he could be?

Really not sure why you're laughing at me saying that Scurll could be a multi-time workhorse champion in the WWE...isn't that what you're trying to tell me he could be?

You've got to be trolling at this point :lol:

Archived