NXT UK Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just up to WWE now. I believe the next set of tapings are early next month, so that might be a bit too soon, but after that it's probably just a question of where they're going to hold tapings, whether they're going to continue to base themselves in the BT Sport studio - like NXT prime did with Full Sail in the past and now with the Performance Centre - or whether they're going to go back to doing tapings around the country.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

Very cool to see fans back, even if it's just a few for now.

It's so cursed seeing the refs forced to wear the NXT 2.0 logo on their shirts despite NXT UK looking the same still lmao

Dragunov-Kid was great.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

Just caught the finish, Pretty Deadly the goats lmao

It's so weird how this cup is getting passed around since we're used to every other champ in NXT UK ends up being the longest reigning champion in 40 years lmao

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

Finally caught up. I've wanted this since like day one lol

First team to win both NXT & NXT UK tag titles. Also, Tyler is now the first ever NXT UK Triple Crown Champion.

Guest Fight Me.
2 hours ago, Bushy. said:

Cool. But why the hell do both of them have long hair now ? Not digging it. 

Lmao I feel like the whole roster grew their hair out during the pandemic hiatus.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found on reddit, Candyfloss's wwe contract has expired..

Image text for those using screen readers or not using Twitter:

>In May 2019 I lost my mum to cancer then in January 2020 I signed with NXT UK. 
>
>Unfortunately, my dream career with WWE got put on hold when, during the pandemic, I was diagnosed with severe PTSD and anxiety because of the trauma I experienced witnessing my favorite person, my mum, fight for her life. I decided I needed to put my mental health first and WWE couldn't have been more supportive. In December 2021 my contract with WWE expired. It is very sad for me as I wish my journey with WWE didn't have to end like this as I've worked so hard to get signed. I just want to say thank you to WWE for dealing with me so well as I know it's not an easy situation, l'm very grateful for it all. 
>
>From fighting in the ring nearly every day, I found myself being in the biggest fight with my mental health. On a positive note, I am doing so much better! My dream isn't over, life just decided to be very unfair (not so sweet towards me. Hopefully I will be back in the ring again sometime soon and hurt my 90 year old back again. 
>
>Thank you to everybody for supporting me!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

Didn't even notice it was an empty arena show until the Meiko segment. Are things getting strict in the UK again?

Moustache Mountain turning heel or just Trent doing shit behind Bate's back?

Probably the latter.

As for your first question, things are actually getting the opposite the strict, although the last few shows that have aired have all been behind closed doors - the last one I can remember having fans in attendance was the one four weeks ago (I think) that ended with the empty arena match between Devlin and Dragunov. There were some increased restrictions when we had the Omicron wave, so it might be that the shows that have aired recently were taped during then, but those restrictions have all now been relaxed, so I would expect to see fans back in the studio soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Laughable that they piped in "This is awesome" chants during the main event when there clearly weren't any fans in attendance.

And on the subject of the main event, I don't know how recently this show was recorded, but I noticed that during the introductions, Dragunov wasn't announced as being from Russia, and Andy Shepherd and Nigel McGuinness on commentary never returned to him as being Russian/from Russia, not did they refer to his finisher by its Torpedo Moscow name-- was that intentional or was it just a coincidence, I wonder.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived