NXT UK Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WALTER (before applying the Sleeper): "MUSS ICH DICH UMBRINGEN?" (Do I have to kill you?)

Dragunov (while in the Sleeper): "Das schaffst du nicht!" (You aren't able to!)

-----------------------------------------------

That was brutal af

I checked out WALTER vs Dragunov since the reddits were buzzing about it.

Shit was certainly brutal as hell. I'm sure my enjoyment was a bit lessened since I don't watch UK and had zero emotional investment, but I don't think the match was the 5 stars Meltz gave it. Dragunov ate literally everything I've ever seen WALTER do and still kicked out, and that felt....weird. I get the story of the match was that he was meant to be the most resilient challenger WALTER has ever had, but it got to the point where it took away from WALTER's offense. 

On 10/31/2020 at 6:52 AM, Counting Lights said:

I checked out WALTER vs Dragunov since the reddits were buzzing about it.

Shit was certainly brutal as hell. I'm sure my enjoyment was a bit lessened since I don't watch UK and had zero emotional investment, but I don't think the match was the 5 stars Meltz gave it. Dragunov ate literally everything I've ever seen WALTER do and still kicked out, and that felt....weird. I get the story of the match was that he was meant to be the most resilient challenger WALTER has ever had, but it got to the point where it took away from WALTER's offense. 

These two have a long history together. Okada vs Tanahashi didn't end with a single move either. Plus WALTER not having a designated finisher really prevented his moves losing in value. Throughout the whole match he kept on targeting Dragunov's head in order to weaken the Torpedo Moskau. Ofcourse a few Powerbombs and a diving splash targeting the midsection isn't going to keep a man known as Unbesiegbar down for a three count. Once WALTER properly had him in the Sleeper, it was over. 

Perfect story with the build up and the history of the two

I'm wondering what effect, if any, England going into lockdown for [at least] a month will have on NXT UK. I'm assuming there would've been a set of tapings scheduled for at some point later this month, but with England going into lockdown until the beginning of December at the earliest, are we going to end up seeing a return to Best Of shows before long?

On 11/1/2020 at 6:01 PM, dje_wba said:

I'm wondering what effect, if any, England going into lockdown for [at least] a month will have on NXT UK. I'm assuming there would've been a set of tapings scheduled for at some point later this month, but with England going into lockdown until the beginning of December at the earliest, are we going to end up seeing a return to Best Of shows before long?

Sports seem to have been given a pass like boxing and football so I wouldn't be surprised if WWE has a free pass too.

Elite sport has, but pro wrestling doesn't fall into that category. But... for everyone involved, it's their job, and a job that they can't of course do from home, so for that reason, perhaps they'll be allowed to continue during lockdown.

Yes and no.

England is going into lockdown for [at least] a month, with effect from Thursday - that's the one that will have an effect on NXT UK, as the shows are being taped in London.

Wales has been in lockdown for ten days now, but will come out of lockdown next Monday, while Northern Ireland has been in lockdown for 2 and a half weeks, and will be for another week.

Guest Fight Me.

I know they moved them to NXT and I guess they're waiting for the right time to bring them back...but man, I'd love to see Grizzled Young Vets back on NXT UK for the meantime. Gallus hasn't been able to win me over as champs like Gibson and Drake did.

bro that was the wildest shit i have seen in a long time. flash and spectacle is nice but sometimes i just wanna see two dudes go in there and beat the DOGSHIT out of each other. the amount of times i yelled out “gahtdamn!” during this match is unprecedented.

side note: do we still want to see WALTER vs Brock? i don’t wanna doubt Brock’s professionalism but i feel like WALTER goes night-night if he gets too stiff.

Guest Fight Me.

The Hunt out here with The Ascension entrance lol

Wait I really thought Nina was really hurt...why'd she fake an injury just to lose and wait til after to reveal? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived