NXT UK Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they providing any kind of references or context?

I mean, if you look at it like "taking over" Dublin and putting it under the UK banner... that... just doesn't seem right. Tbh, it's very hard to find context that would be right for the name: NXT UK Takeover: Dublin.

If so, they should rename that brand as NXT Europe, or... something. I mean, if it was NXT UK Takeover: Berlin... or whatever, that would be fine I guess. But due to it specifically being Dublin and Ireland... it's incredibly weird.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

Smith/Carter's theme ain't gotta go that hard.

In times like these, let's be thankful for these taped shows that still have crowds lol

Guest Fight Me.

I noticed it's been coming on at 4pm ET since daylight savings a few weeks back. I guess they moved it back? I can't find it. If it just finished, guess I'll have to wait a while.

• 2 weeks later...

This week's special show episode was Superstar Picks and featuring NXTUK wrestlers chosing their favorite matches.

Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask for WWF World's Junior Heavyweight Championship (August 30th 1982 from MSG) - Picked by Dave Mastiff 

Kenny Williams & Noam Dar vs Grizzled Young Veterans for the NXTUK Tag Team Championship (May 8th 2019 - NXTUK) - Picked by Kenny Williams

Tegan Nox vs Kay Lee Ray (October 3rd 2019 - NXTUK) - picked by Ligero

William Regal vs Antonio Cesaro (December 25th 2013- NXT) - picked by A-Kid

Guest Fight Me.

This week's NXT UK is just a replay of Tyler Bate vs. WALTER from Takeover last year for the title. Not sure if they've shown this little documentary before leading up to the match, but it's very good. And the match is a classic as well, so I recommend watching this week's. Especially if you haven't seen this match before.

Tonight's episode is made up of never-before-seen matches:

Toni Storm vs. Deonna Purrazzo (Download Festival, Derby, England)

Matt Riddle vs. Ligero (Plymouth, England)

Isla Dawn vs. Shayna Baszler (Download Festival, Derby, England)

Ilja Dragunov vs. A-Kid (Coventry, England)

• 3 weeks later...

More never-before-seen matches for tonight's episode:

Finn Bálor vs. Kenny Williams (Coventry, England)
Rhea Ripley vs. Nina Samuels (Brentwood, England)
Travis Banks vs. Killian Dain (Download Festival, Derby, England)
Matt Riddle & The Street Profits vs. The Grizzled Young Veterans & Joseph Conners (Plymouth, England)

• 4 weeks later...

Did it have a very large audience? I only watched the odd episode when I was bored and something got hype. But even just going off the threads here or on reddit it seemed like very few people cared about the brand.

And tbh, there weren't that many "Must See" wrestlers on it. Or rather, the womens division seemed pretty good, but the mens was boring. You had Moustache Mountain, Grizzled Young Vets, Devlin, IMPERIUM....and kinda struggling to think of anyone else I would tune in to watch, or even ever see generate any hype on the forums. Dragunov I guess but he did nothing for me.

Archived