NXT UK Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

I really hope they don't do anything else in Saudi Arabia. There are still too many questions and concerns from the last one. Hope they learned their lesson and decide to move on.

Don't they already have other shows booked for there? Or am I imagining things?

I think they might.

They do they signed a 10-year deal

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually know this will give the Casual fans to watch who doesn't watch anything besides WWE gives them a chance to see different styles

Which could also help them if they're smart smart

By sending their homegrown Talent to NXT Asia for like 6 months just so they learn that style and grow and then this basically open up them to send them around the world to learn the different styles become better which is sorely lacking with homegrown Talent

I'm happy the UK guys and gals have a mainstream way of wrestling that will help them make more money and stay in their own backyard. I would assume that they could still be regulars on the UK indie circuits as well.

I wonder if they're going to transfer some of the lower end talent from the US NXT to the UK just a beef up their roster a little

If they're British

It literally says the United Kingdom and IRELAND in the article. So is it not obvious that they aren't using strictly British wrestlers? You never quite read anything properly do you.

Also there is an American, and Aussie and a New Zealander in the new tournament ...

I was counting Ireland under UK tbf. I mean I know it's not but this is WWE. Remember Sheamus in the UK stable?

Casuals don't even watch the base NXT product.

Do you have any idea how many people say "What is NXT?"...or "Who the hell is that?" when an NXT guy debuts on the main product...

You catch the casuals like myself (because I just dont have time to watch all these amazing shows going on) who its easier for them to just have the network, and would introduce them to different styles they may like. It grows their brand and will make the WWE network more of a ESPN for wrestling.

I wonder if they're going to transfer some of the lower end talent from the US NXT to the UK just a beef up their roster a little

If they're British

It literally says the United Kingdom and IRELAND in the article. So is it not obvious that they aren't using strictly British wrestlers? You never quite read anything properly do you.

Also there is an American, and Aussie and a New Zealander in the new tournament ...

I was counting Ireland under UK tbf. I mean I know it's not but this is WWE. Remember Sheamus in the UK stable?

... That was a video game

^^ Tbh, having the network to begin with is probably grounds for someone not being considered a casual.

A casual is basically watching Raw/SD when they happen to be on, and only if you remember and/or have nothing better to do. Casual is like "Raw is on, might as well watch it for 20 minutes".

He probably means League of Nations. But Rusev and Del Rio were not UK (obviously). :lol:

^^ Tbh, having the network to begin with is probably grounds for someone not being considered a casual.

A casual is basically watching Raw/SD when they happen to be on, and only if you remember and/or have nothing better to do. Casual is like "Raw is on, might as well watch it for 20 minutes".

He probably means League of Nations. But Rusev and Del Rio were not UK (obviously). :lol:

WWE '12

Ok, so you would captivate all those fans like me who have the network and are on forums, we know who gUys from ring of honor and NJPW and stuff are but we arent super familiar with their work because we dont watch those shows, but would if it was all on the network. Make the WWE network a one stop shop must have if you are a professional wrestling fan period.

Ok, so you would captivate all those fans like me who have the network and are on forums, we know who gUys from ring of honor and NJPW and stuff are but we arent super familiar with their work because we dont watch those shows, but would if it was all on the network. Make the WWE network a one stop shop must have if you are a professional wrestling fan period.

except that WWE is lowering most non-WWE stars to a certain standard and therefore is not the Wrestling mecca that it could be.

Between Austin saying casual fans will watch this and Muur saying only British (and Irish) wrestlers will be on the roster (and using the most random example from WWE 2K), this thread has definitely made a little bit dumber. Personally, I don't think any of us are in a position to say what a 'casual fan' is, we're in way too deep to be able to envisage that :lol:

Yeah, I think casual fans don't necessarily go out of their way to watch shows. Hell, even fans like us don't nowadays considering how poor the product can be (or if we're just busy), but I'm sure we also check up on match results or find sites to go rewatch parts of the show that we missed. I doubt many casual fans would bother doing that unless something particularly major happened - and they probably don't have the Network, either. If they do, it's probably for their kid(s).

With NXT UK launched (more or less), Triple H and WWE may be looking to the other side of another ocean for their next global territory.

New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW), and the stars WWE’s signed and promoted from their ranks like Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles and Finn Bálor, have proven that the Japanese product has appeal all around the world. With New Japan making inroads into the United States, both on their own and via partnerships with Ring of Honor (ROH) and possibly Impact Wrestling, it’s not surprising WWE’s looking to step up their presence in Japan and establish a dedicated pipeline for talent from the country.

The newest Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports WWE has found a promotion with whom they could possibly begin to gain a foothold in the country. And it’s one to which a few NXT stars already have ties... in fact, one of those talents will be heading home in August to kick start what’s described as a temporary deal between WWE and Pro Wrestling Noah.

205 Live’s Hideo Itami, who as KENTA was the face of Noah as their Heavyweight Champion before signing with WWE, is set to return to Noah for their Aug. 29 show to herald the new arrangement.

Where it goes from there is unclear, but it The Observer mentions that a WWE Network has been discussed for 2019 which would feature talent not under contract from partner promotions like WWN/Evolve in the U.S., and Progress and ICW in the United Kingdom. If the Noah partnership goes well, they would seem to fit in that mix, as well.

Could the deal with Itami and The Mighty’s old fed be the foot in the door for NXT Japan? If so, how would NJPW and their global partners respond?

That’s a ways away, obviously, but it’s intriguing to think about.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/6/21/17488194/wwe-partnering-pro-wrestling-noah-japan-hideo-itami-kenta-report-japanese-partner-promotion

Archived