I found how some people steal other people's caws online.

Ligerrrr

In the end, its kinda funny that we thought custom logos would never be a thing because of trademarked logos and what not. Turns out the fight about this is us against the idiots who steal content. Lol. There needs to be a way to weed that out, and, in the case of PS4 (not sure if XB1 does this but 360 did) they should give us the option to give each person we play Online against an avoid this player or prefer this player rating, because Im sick and tired of level 100 jerk offs who spam the same shit all match. Like, you dont even gain anything from winning online matches anymore....the hell are you doing? Lol

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and, in the case of PS4 (not sure if XB1 does this but 360 did) they should give us the option to give each person we play Online against an avoid this player or prefer this player rating, because Im sick and tired of level 100 jerk offs who spam the same shit all match. Like, you dont even gain anything from winning online matches anymore....the hell are you doing? Lol

God, I hate those guys. They're just like, ' why try to actually have good matches with people when you can just max out your overall and spam 1 move for the whole thing'?

As for the CAW stealing, it is really sad that this is happening. There's really no excuse to do such a thing. You want downloads? Then just put in some effort and make your own stuff, instead of leeching off another's person's hard work.

In the end, its kinda funny that we thought custom logos would never be a thing because of trademarked logos and what not. Turns out the fight about this is us against the idiots who steal content. Lol. There needs to be a way to weed that out, and, in the case of PS4 (not sure if XB1 does this but 360 did) they should give us the option to give each person we play Online against an avoid this player or prefer this player rating, because Im sick and tired of level 100 jerk offs who spam the same shit all match. Like, you dont even gain anything from winning online matches anymore....the hell are you doing? Lol

This is why I only play triple threat matches online if I'm not playing with friends. There's always a chance to outsmart the 100's

This is why I only play triple threat matches online if I'm not playing with friends. There's always a chance to outsmart the 100's

I keep trying that, and I keep trying to join Communities for the game too and they dont really show you active sessions anymore. I usually try to play with females too, and theres just little to no activity on that side of things...maybe gender is the problem. Maybe I would find all kinds of matches if I just used the men. As well as more actual wrestlers.

I haven't played 1 online match since the game came out.. I played a few last year.. It's not why I buy this game.. and it's nice to see things haven't changed since they've add a PvP mode.. It's been like 10 years of the same b.s. and it's funny..

If they ever get rid of CAW/CAS Mode i'll stop buying the game it's pretty much the only reason why I've purchased the last 3 games (I skipped 2k15, I have 2k14 & WWE '13.. Skipped 12 & 11 and should still have all the other games)..

I think the only way to fix this issue is for 2k to give Caw Makers the option to make their uploaded face textures and logos in general unselectable in Create a player mode.

We'd still be able to change the attire but you'd have to delete the downloaded custom logo first. Plus none of the protected images would appear on the downloaders logo selections in Caw mode.

Example

change_736.jpg

Would be a shame if it came to that, i tend to download whichever CAW looks best to me and if i dont like the attire download a lesser caw with the right attire and try to copy the images over to the good CAW to get the desired effect. So I'd be gutted if it came to that but that said I'd understand it if it means that the hard work guys put into their CaWs get protected

I mean you'd still get to change it but couldn't edit the downloaded logo at all or re use it for another caw. You'd just have to delete the custom logo before replacing it with a different custom design.

Ahh right then yeah 100% hopefully 2k do something like this to protect CAW creators

• 2 weeks later...

It could only help if 2k had a Private Uploading option that way Caw makers can upload to one of their friends when working on a collaboration together. Then the Caw can be sent back and forth between everyone involved 1 at a time until they're ready to release it to the public.

A Request email box where Caw makers would receive requests from people who downloaded their caws to allow them to use the logos on said caw for other creations in their own game.

If the maker says no then they can still edit it but those logos would be protected as I previously posted in this thread, and could only be deleted to be replaced with something else in their game.

I mean just be flattered and move on lmao It's just a game.

You're telling people to be flattered over getting their work stolen? While it's just a game, people still put in a lot of effort into CAWs, and when some random guy takes a CAW and claims it as his own, that's plagiarism.

this is a great idea this needs to happen

It could only help if 2k had a Private Uploading option that way Caw makers can upload to one of their friends when working on a collaboration together. Then the Caw can be sent back and forth between everyone involved 1 at a time until they're ready to release it to the public.

A Request email box where Caw makers would receive requests from people who downloaded their caws to allow them to use the logos on said caw for other creations in their own game.

If the maker says no then they can still edit it but those logos would be protected as I previously posted in this thread, and could only be deleted to be replaced with something else in their game.

Feel your pain! I had a title design stolen, I had it set to not be re-uploadable yet this guy and a few others were able to do it! But this one really pi$$ed me off the most as he got over 2k downloads off my design! I reported it, and 2k took it down, but a week later I checked and it was back up again!??

PS_Messages_20180620_145640.jpg

Another suggestion for watermarking would be to make a body tattoo with zero transparency with your signature or something.

I would imagine that many caw thieves wouldn't bother removing such a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

This only affects attires and logos right? So its a problem for masked caws but they cant steal caws with a face texture and morph, theyd have to re-create that from scratch which hopefuly wouldnt be as good as the original?

I know I'm really late but I've actually come up with a decent idea for this type of situation. As a creator myself, I understand how all that work on textures and trial and error, just to be stolen, feels.

Therefore, let's say someone decided to use my logos, face textures, etc. If and only if they decided to create a CAW with my logos or chose re-upload my caws, in the INFO section of the download menu, there could be a banner displaying something like : LOGOS created by (insert my username here). This way people would know who actually made the logos and who to credit.

Archived