Fallout 76

Mailman

I've seen enough reviews, I'm going to pass on this. And according to the many reviews and players on YT, theres a minimal story that you follow through notes, holotapes, and the robot NPC's. Someone who actually has the game would know more though.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean...there's story. Of course there is. It isn't as pronounced as past Fallout stories, but there are quests that you progress through with or without the help of others. I don't know where the misinformation about a lack of story came from. There are no human NPC characters in the world...that is all. But that isn't the same as a lack of story...

Found a full set of T-60b Power Armor.... and the bastard was *censored*ing glitched! I couldn't enter it, even though I removed all the pieces. This was also a bug in Fallout 4 with a set of Raider Power Armor somewhere near The Glowing Sea, was at a building (can't remember the name) just north of it.

Found a full set of T-60b Power Armor.... and the bastard was *censored*ing glitched! I couldn't enter it, even though I removed all the pieces. This was also a bug in Fallout 4 with a set of Raider Power Armor somewhere near The Glowing Sea, was at a building (can't remember the name) just north of it.

My buddy tried to give me one the other day, and I was confused for a solid 20 minutes. He was like "yeah...just initiate a trade and then take it". I dunno...I just wanted to drink Scotch and aimlessly wander the wasteland. Besides, I didn't really want/need a suit. I just wanted to chop people with my hatchet.

• 11 months later...

LMAO. When will Bethesda ever learn? This 'Fallout 1st' crap is a goddamn joke. £100 a year (or £13 a month) to access a broken world privately? FIX YOUR GAME FIRST, BETHESDA! And it get's even more hilarious. The Fallout 1st Launch was ... BROKEN! Christ on a pogo stick, they sure have fallen from grace. And that's sad to say, but they've dug their own grave.

The only good thing about all of that is that only one person in your group has to buy that bullsheeit to access that, but the simple fact that they even pulled the trigger on this is ridiculous.

Brazen muh *censored*as

I honestly don't know if Fallout can recover from 76 now that they did the Fallout 1st stuff. I mean...just having 76 be a half-assed online game that kinda failed to be what it was supposed to be...that was fine. It happens. But I really think they did themselves in with this $100 subscription stuff. Especially the same week that Outer Worlds released and proved that the same formula can be applied to another franchise. Honestly...I really don't know if the Fallout name is in a position to recover from this one.

What really pissed me off was that Pete Hines stated that all content (including DLC) would be free. He said Fallout 76 wouldn't be a cash grab as well. Imagine if they pulled this crap at E3? The reaction would've been armageddon!

Ooh, I only knew about the cosmetic only fumble, but ALL content was supposed to be free?

I don't know how much he is to blame for this but it sounds like he lost control ages ago. I'm just ready to jump ahead and see how all of this affects the fan base for Elder Scrolls and that Star thingy. I mean, this is textbook "How to alienate consumers" sheeit right here

Ooh, I only knew about the cosmetic only fumble, but ALL content was supposed to be free?

I don't know how much he is to blame for this but it sounds like he lost control ages ago. I'm just ready to jump ahead and see how all of this affects the fan base for Elder Scrolls and that Star thingy. I mean, this is textbook "How to alienate consumers" sheeit right here

Yup. Pete tweeted about it before the game launched.

Cosmetics were fine with me, as Atoms were also earned in the bloody game. But 'Pay To Win' content via the Atoms Shop was damn right idiotic. And now they've locked content (that we wanted free) behind a pay wall.

God knows what they've got planned for Starfield and The Elder Scrolls 6.

What really pissed me off was that Pete Hines stated that all content (including DLC) would be free. He said Fallout 76 wouldn't be a cash grab as well. Imagine if they pulled this crap at E3? The reaction would've been armageddon!

Armageddon, indeed!

vfwoEjX.gif

Know what's hilarious? Some dude took control of the Fallout 1st site, because Bethesda were idiots not to secure it. Anyway, that dude has made a mockery of it, warning people NOT to pay, etc.

Yeah, I saw that... hilarious, indeed!

Get wrecked Bethesda... :lol:

• 1 month later...

What? No, it's just outer armor which provides nothing because you put the real armor under it. It's more cosmetic, and I had to get it. New Vegas is the reason I'm a Fallout fan. From New Vegas, Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and 76 I've got over 1,000 hours total play time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

APRIL 7TH NPC UPDATE COMES!

Ehh..I'll give it a go. I haven't touched the game since....oh, it was at least a couple or so months before The Outer Worlds released. I can't quite recall tbh lol. But I hope NPCs add a lot to this poorly executed game.

Ehh..I'll give it a go. I haven't touched the game since....oh, it was at least a couple or so months before The Outer Worlds released. I can't quite recall tbh lol. But I hope NPCs add a lot to this poorly executed game.

Yeah, likewise.... I might reinstall 76 just to see what the update is all about.

Archived