Fallout 76

SproilerBlotch

I honestly wish this wasn't out for at least another week. I'm fully pulled into Red Dead right now. How did this even happen? Why are so many AAA titles all out at the same exact time? Sucks. :lol:

Spyo, Hitman, and Fallout in the same week lol

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly wish this wasn't out for at least another week. I'm fully pulled into Red Dead right now. How did this even happen? Why are so many AAA titles all out at the same exact time? Sucks. :lol:

Spyo, Hitman, and Fallout in the same week lol

Well...can't say I give a shit about those. :lol: But...I still have Tomb Raider to go back and play...Red Dead Redemption consumes all of my time. Pokemon is out Friday...and Fallout on Wednesday. Plus, I still need to eventually get around to playing Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey. Seriously just too much shit out this year...and none of it can be half-assed or completed quickly. It's all super in-depth, time-consuming stuff.

I'm shocked I had the foresight to put AC: Odyssey, Spider-Man, and WWE 2K19 on my Amazon wish list for the holidays, because yeah... RDR2, Fallout 76, and Dead by Daylight will be consuming a majority of my gaming time from now into 2019. No question.

EDIT: Forgot about Spider-Man being on my wish list... derp.

I haven't had time to play WWE 2K19 lol. Was finishing my Fallout 4 Survival playthrough between FO76 Beta sessions. Now come tomorrow? I'm fully booked, RDR2 will be bought at Xmas but likely won't be played til around March I reckon, or if I were to get bored of FO76 before then. I haven't even played the Spider-Man DLC yet! Have never been so busy with games, no I haven't.

So...I'm having mixed feelings about this game now. I liked the Beta (what I played of it)...and the full game seems fine too. It's just...every time I go to take part in a quest, everything already seems to be done by the other players. I get there, and there's nothing but broken robots and dead ghouls, and everything has already been looted...and then the game is like "quest complete" and I'm standing there like "I haven't done anything". :lol:

So...I'm having mixed feelings about this game now. I liked the Beta (what I played of it)...and the full game seems fine too. It's just...every time I go to take part in a quest, everything already seems to be done by the other players. I get there, and there's nothing but broken robots and dead ghouls, and everything has already been looted...and then the game is like "quest complete" and I'm standing there like "I haven't done anything". :lol:

Happened to me earlier, but I'll take the free loot :lol:

Yeah, I'm also finding the open world events to be somewhat confusing... hope that clears up after some friends and I become more familiar with the game.

In other news... we found an excellent gear farming loop last night while we played the game. Two of us acquired a nuke code from a random enemy that was walking down a road. So far, so good... but yeah, there's so much to take in these first few hours of time spent in the game.

At some point, I want to team up with others. Might do another character for that though. My first playthrough is mainly solo. Melee is fun in this game, always carrying my Machete around with me. Saves wasting bullets, I'm not liking VATS though. Don't really need it anyway, I'm good at shooting via ironsights.

On YouTube, I've seen gamers who are lvl 70+ already. I'm in no rush to get further ahead, I'm enjoying exploring, reading terminals for the lore etc.

I have yet to find a Double-Barrel Shotgun, after watching Oxhorn's BETA streams? I want one! Yes I do.

With the help of the "Percepti-Bobble" perk, I managed to locate three more bobble heads yesterday... which brings my total to five. We also found another nuke code on a defeated Scorched Officer, so now I have two of those.

Closing in on level 25 in the game, hopefully I can reach that later today after work.

Most reviews are really down on this game, are they somewhat accurate? Should I try it out? I'm not a fan of most MMO type games, but I am a fan of Fallout, but the reviews have me questioning if I should get this or not.

Imo, it's a fun game. No human NPCs aren't bothering me, holotape/note quests are fun and interesting with good lore behind them. It's up to you, but I'd recommend you try it though.

Most reviews are really down on this game, are they somewhat accurate? Should I try it out? I'm not a fan of most MMO type games, but I am a fan of Fallout, but the reviews have me questioning if I should get this or not.

If you're a fan of the Fallout series, then most likely... you'll really enjoy this game. Even more so with friends... and it's far from being a "typical" MMO - in my humble opinion.

Some glitches are funny though, like the neck stretching on a dead Scorched! Looked freaky as hell but I LOL'd at it.

Oh, cool... I'm not the only one who has been that visual bug. I took a screenshot because it looked so funny, just forgot to add it to the game screenshot thread.

Broken? Yeah

Unplayable? Hell no

Oh yeah...it's playable. But not always playable in the way that you want it to be. Definitely unresponsive at times...and I don't know...there's just all sorts of crazy shit happening in this game. BUT...the lack of any severe consequences for dying basically means that any glitches that occur are good for a laugh. So, I don't care at all. :lol: Worst case scenario is respawning and picking up my paper bag of cheddar bay biscuits.

For what it's worth, I heard earlier today that keeping stacks of scrap at or around 500 makes a big difference in being able to hoard more things in your personal stash boxes. I cannot 100% confirm this until I get home from work later this afternoon, but if it does work... that will be a decent workaround until they up the current storage limit.

*shrug*

Archived