Fallout 76

Mailman

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll either be a singleplayer vault/base builder, combining the building mechanics from Fallout 4 and the management mechanic in Shelter. Or it'll be an online game like Rust. Either way I would not expect a singleplayer RPG.

Man, I dunno. On one hand, I love the series as a whole. On the other hand, Fallout 4 was the epitome of meh (aside from the improved shooting mechanics and character creation).

...while others are claiming it's driven towards creations and base building with online components.

Good god, please no...

I loved building bases/settlements in Fallout 4, and still do. I have a huge hotel at Starlight and have over 35 settlers thanks to a mod. Framerate took a hit, but not too bad either.

Hoping Bethesda have learned from their huge mistakes for streamlining RPG elements though.

Yeah I enjoyed the base building in Fallout 4..but only built in Sanctuary lol. I've set my expectations very very low. Until Bethesda themselves confirm it's majority Online or not I'll set it low. I really wanna dust off my PS3 and play Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Don't like the original 2, I believe I got it free off Steam one day

Great, a whole game based around the one mechanic I hated from 4 the base building.

I also hated it plus all missions that involved building shit

Great, a whole game based around the one mechanic I hated from 4 the base building.

there was only one essential one in the whole story. Two, if you really wanted to be a Minuteman.

Crafting was a big feature in 4 that I didn't care much about either but at least it was optional for the most part. It made sense in the story to build the machine to get to the institute and so I was fine with that.

The radio tower and electricity for minutemen did annoy me but the rest were short ones that I got through easily.

As long as Fallout 76 doesn't rely on building in the story as much as Batman Arkham relies on the batmobile..it's all good!

Loved the crafting in Fallout 4, with one caveat...

I hated how hard it was for things to line-up or snap together. You really had to expend large amounts of time to craft a building that actually went together the way you envisioned it. If they make a new update to the formula, and get the clipping issues fixed, I'll gladly play a game about crafting and looting.

there was only one essential one in the whole story. Two, if you really wanted to be a Minuteman.

DLC

I never used a mod ever. I'd rather play the game the way it was intended

Also they disable achievements

Tbh, the crafting requirements did suck quite a bit. Everything required glue. That's all I remember. I felt like they could have had more realistic requirements for many of the items. I would have enjoyed it much more if the crafting was more realistic in that sense.

Not all mods take away from how the game was intended. Most are cosmetics with cloths, armor & weapons(many aren't even over powered up)and some are things are basic like more weather types and crafting ones are mostly improvements to settlements or a fuse box to power up settlements without needing damn wires all over the place

I actually always wanted to play the game with mods...just to goof around, but never actually got around to doing it.

I was still trying to finish up achievements, and I didn't want to ruin my chances of obtaining those by essentially cheating...so I just never got to appreciate the mod community at all. I should really go back and make use of it.

God Mode FTW if you wanna really goof around The Wasteland lol. I hope Survival Mode has been improved, I don't need the game to tell me to drink and eat every 10 *censored*ing minutes. Just give us settings to toggle in the options menu FFS

• 2 weeks later...

Archived