moves from old wwe games

zeoalexo

not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if it isnt, admins, feel free to move it. so anyway, i was replaying some old wwe games, namely the smackdown vs raw series, along with the raw series and wrestlemania 21, and i noticed something; there are a TON of moves from these old titles that couldve been added or kept into the later games. Raw 2 had friggin Shoryukens and Bruce Lee-esque moves. i wish 2K would look back at these games and add moves from them in later games. what do you guys think? do you agree?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if im not mistaken the old song and dance was these animated moves did not look as good as the mocapped moves so thats why they were removed and also the removed moves WERE going to be added back in supposedly, but we all know how that went. I also agree they should not have removed them at all.

I noticed one of the reversal animations in 2K18 is the same exact animation from the first Smackdown game I believe. It doesn't look bad, but it amazes me how that move is still included after so long while others have been removed. For example, the more impactful looking crucifix powerbomb (razor's edge) has been removed. I'd love to see that version back.

even if they werent as "smooth" as the mocapped moves, they definitely couldve mocapped a vast majority of those old moves in to make them smoother.

I'm currently making a loooooooong list of moves that i wish were in newer games. they're mostly from the old smackdown series (Know Your Role-Vs. Raw 2010), which make up the bulk of the list. There are a lot of striking attacks that would look a lot better in the newer engine.

If we're talking old JBL moves, then how about that vicious clothesline from hell with the pin after it?

god yes! that was the best one.

other moves i miss are the Test Big Boot and a move called 'Remember That' which was only ever in one of the Smackdown games, it was a freefall toss straight into a fast high impact front powerslam. we do have something close to it now but it's only off a rope rebound and isn't as impactful.

They had an amazing looking move called Running Neckbreaker that they took out way too soon. As far as I know, it was only in SVR 06. I know it wasn't in any game later than 06.

RAW 2 had a HUGE amount of moves and stuff that we should get added

for real. Sasuke Specials, Shoryukens, Hadoukens, Bruce Lee moves, etc.

Day of Reckoning 2 even has Guile's Flash Kick and a nice 540 kick

They had an amazing looking move called Running Neckbreaker that they took out way too soon. As far as I know, it was only in SVR 06. I know it wasn't in any game later than 06.

Was that that one move they gave Hogan that kinda looked like an RKO or Diamond Cutter?

Was that that one move they gave Hogan that kinda looked like an RKO or Diamond Cutter?

That was the move, yeah.

That was a pretty well animated move. It's annoying when you have these PS2 (I think in some cases even PSX) era moves still in the game that not only don't look good, especially around the other more current moves, but seems like they have less impact now than they did in their debut.

Every time this topic comes up I always think back to the same two videos

(That Running Neckbreaker is at 4:09 if that's the one you mean)

But there are three moves I've been thinking of lately that I'd like to have back. I think they called it the Samurai Driver back in the earlier games (it's that DDT reversal from the Powerbomb position but they put it in as an offensive move), the better Backdrop Bottom (the one in 18 isn't awful but... eh), and the Widowmaker. If that Fireman's Carry Slam (dunno exactly what they call it in 18) had the attacker actually fall down with the victim, I'd be fine with that., but they stay standing. And it's beyond me how Lashley never got a lay out Dominator. I don't know if he still performs that move or if he lays out cause I don't watch the program anymore, but if he's making this next roster cut in some form, hopefully somebody mocapped it because it's right up there with Batista's Spinebuster of moves that never made it to the games that should've been there.

Problem with mo-cap, as much as I respect and appreciate everyone on the team, as that more often than not, theres just always something off about it. It rarely really looks like how a certain superstar does a move, as opposed to back in the day where things looked really character-specific. I dont know why they dont just put the two worlds together, if they arent already. Do all the mo-capping, but take a list of things that needed to be animated. Stuff like that is why Ive hated Stone Colds entrance for over 10 years now, and how I can tell a number of things mo-capped by Santana because she has ways of moving around that some of the other lady wrestlers like to mess with her about and imitate a little. Lol. And how long did it take for us to get decent-looking signature moves for The Rock again, ffs? That was NEVER a problem in the games from when I was younger.

Anyone remember a submission from years ago called the 99 Stretch? I remember liking it so much I gave to my created self two years straight. The issue with it was that it was very glitchy/clipping...the models would often go through eachother, and I think it would be less of a problem now. I just wish I had a way to actually see it again and make sure it absolutely wasnt put back in games, because i dont think I have seen it since. Wasnt there a shooting star footstomp once too?

Also I miss the Billy Kidman shooting star, the Satoshi Kojima corner running forearm where the opponent flips forward and you point to the crowd afterward.....the Muta shining wizard and roaring elbow with his mannerisms.

Archived