Am I the only one who feels 205 Live has vastly improved?

Tainted

No. Youre not the only one. Ive watched 205 on a weekly basis since its come on, but since the Cruiserweight tournament its really turned around. I think they were putting too much emphasis on having a character based show and now its more like NXT where the actual wrestling really matters. Having a figurehead like Drake Maverick on TV really helps. He seems very committed to making 205 the best it can be and thats a good sign.

I don't know that it's necessarily "improved". I've always enjoyed it for what it is.

I think maybe more people are coming around to it, and giving it more of a solid chance. But I don't think it was ever a poor show. Anyone who missed the Neville era really missed out. And that's a big part of the reason why I wouldn't say that it has necessarily improved. It's always been nothing short of exactly what it claimed to be (an hour of exciting cruiserweight action).

I do think that having a proper GM has been a great improvement...but the content has remained fairly steady throughout. It just takes a while for people to actually care about specific characters. If you start a show and the cast are relative unknowns, then those people all need to grow on the casual fanbase. Becoming familiar with who everyone is certainly helps the show become more engaging. And that's where we're at now.

Instead of having people saying "oh...it's just the guys from the cruiserweight classic"...you now have people who have specifically become fans of Mustafa Ali, or Drew Gulak, etc. etc. It's the same show, but it's coming from a more familiar place...IMO.

I agree completely about the talent and performances. Nevilles run as king of the cruiserweights was amazing for sure and its so disappointing that he has seemingly left the company. I guess what I meant by improved was that the way it is presented and the way the stars are presented is much better than the beginning.

I agree, even though I watch 205 Live every week from the start. I became more interested with it than before.

Only thing they need to do is have the show before SDLive not after it. Since most of the crowd go home after the main show.

Really hoping we get most of the 205 Live roster in 2K19.

Archived