Basketball Thread

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen anyone wonder why Durant gets criticized for joining the Warriors.... But anyway, I wonder if LeBron's gonna put much effort now. Feels like he's cruising along and is more focused on making moves out of NBA so he has things to fall back on after he retires.

I have, in here actually.

I actually do wonder why. Dude wants to win championships. Barkley still gets shat on for not winning a ring and if you want to achieve as much as possible in terms of how decorated you are, I don't really get why there's so much value held in American sports on trying to do it on a worse team than where you can do it as well. I get the frustration of the league losing competitiveness in a way, but actually holding it against Durant as if he should've not went there in a bid to make his career as decorated as possible, as if there is a right and wrong way to get an NBA-championship, I don't get that.

Not trying to be demeaning though. But joining super teams are only frowned upon in American sports, it seems, basketball in particular.

I guess it's because it makes the sport boring. For example, what's the point of watching the playoffs if/when you know the Warriors are going to win? Look at how the Warriors went 4-0 against the Cavs last playoffs. I think the Rockets were the only team to actually make them sweat?

The main reason KD is hated is because he left a team that a lot of people liked and wanted to see contend for a championship in the OKC Thunder, a team that came within choking distance of going to the NBA finals. They had the Warriors down 3-1 and choked so instead of coming back and trying it once more he gave up completely and said screw competition, I just want the easiest way possible. People kinda lost respect for him for A. quitting, and B. betraying his teammates by joining the team that they got beat by. People aren't used to teams loading up here in the US like they do in Europe where only Barcelona or Real Madrid have all the top stars and real shot at a title.

The main reason KD is hated is because he left a team that a lot of people liked and wanted to see contend for a championship in the OKC Thunder, a team that came within choking distance of going to the NBA finals. They had the Warriors down 3-1 and choked so instead of coming back and trying it once more he gave up completely and said screw competition, I just want the easiest way possible. People kinda lost respect for him for A. quitting, and B. betraying his teammates by joining the team that they got beat by. People aren't used to teams loading up here in the US like they do in Europe where only Barcelona or Real Madrid have all the top stars and real shot at a title.

Exactly. A lot of people I know called him a traitor, bandwagon jumper, and a few other explicit things. He did what he thought was the best thing he could for his career.

In other news, I can't believe Spencer Dinwiddie came back to haunt the Pistons. That game ticked me offin so much. Detroit needs to get their act together.

Guest Shades of Cool

The Bucks are handing the Warriors' asses to them, and I love it.

Same. Bucks are really the best team in the NBA right now, I love it. :cool:

Archived