Basketball Thread

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bron and AD can remain relatively healthy, like say 70 games each then the Lakers will be in good standing regular season wise. I don't think the Warriors will be the same again, assuming KD leaves which he should. I also feel like the balance of power is shifting back to the East so Lebron and the Lakers will have it easier I think.

Why is the power shifting back to the east? So far the west still has LeBron, Curry, Klay, AD, probably Durant, Westbrook, George, and I don't remember who else tbh. The East just has Kawhi, Butler, Giannis, and probably Simmons?

And the Lakers are apparently trying to get Kawhi as well.

I kinda felt like this year the East had the more complete teams, not as far as talent but as far as cohesion. The Raptors, 76ers, Celtics, Bucks all had good units. The West has the better players but I think the teams themselves had some serious flaws that doomed them well before the playoffs started, from the Rockets being chokers, to the drama within the Warriors organization. After that you had maybe the Nuggets and Blazers and an awful OKC team with a lot of issues themselves.

I think Celtics were known for not getting along though, if not derping around with each other in a good or bad way. Raptors and Bucks seemed to be good, while Sixers also felt like Butler was being a bit irksome/assholish.

• 2 weeks later...

I get the sense that KD has gone back to an OKC type of situation that he used to be in with Russel Westbrook on his team. Kyrie is kind of a ball hog in the sense that he will take away from KD's game. KD operates better having to carry a huge load of the offense instead of sharing it with someone else.

Archived