Basketball Thread

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love how Steph just laughed.

If the Warriors lose this series, then jeez. Just shows being stacked isn't everything if you can't close, if they lose in a very close game.

I was at work, and by the time I got home, the game had ended. But what I heard was that the Rockets were in the lead, but then they got the shit kicked out of them by the Warriors. Jeez.

The Cavs are getting their asses handed to them again so far. At this point, I'm not gonna be surprised if LeBron just gives up because there's no way in hell they'll stand a chance against the Rockets or Warriors.

The Celtics will lose.

Knew the Celtics would lose. Still, they did great, and I still think they deserved to go to the finals over the Cavs. LeBron put in so much work, and the Cavs benefited. :\

Oh well, the Cavs are probably getting swept anyway by the Warriors.

I can't believe I'm actually really happy Lebron won because it means the Celts won't be in the finals at least this year, while Lebron might lose in the finals again. That is if he has to face the Warriors, if he faces the Rockets and Chris Paul is hurt then the Cavs actually may have a chance. Trash teams all around to choose from, though I like the Rockets the best out of all 4 they are still poised to choke at some point.

LeBron is one hell of an athlete. Dude has played 48 minutes and more than 40 minutes the last game and still put up great stats. The Cavs don't deserve to go to the finals, but LeBron does. Wonder how Kyrie would have affected the series though.

You can't deny Lebron is the best player on the court, but he has pretty much benefited and taken advantage of such a weak side in the East. I mean this year alone it came down to the worst Lebron team in 8 years and a team in the Celtics that were missing their two all-star players and were led by a bunch of rookies. For that matter I don't think LeBron would have had the sucess he's had if he'd played in the west though his finals record would be much better if you think about it he would probably have a 3-0 record since he's only beaten the West 3 times in the finals.

If he was in the West though, he'd probably fare even better with better players. Imagine if he was with the Wolves, Rockets, or even the Pelicans. They'd likely get much further as long as they don't get nerfed.

No one to blame but the Rockets themselves for this loss. If they had drove to the basket instead of shooting and missing all those 3's they might have gotten a couple of two's and a handful of free throws and this game would have been closer than it already was or they might have even held onto the 15 point lead they had.

Not just the refs though, but as you pointed out, the Rockets took too many bricks. like, holy *censored*ing shit, you'd think they'd at some point learn that's not working and go for attacking the basket. CP3 must be angry.

Guest Shades of Cool

Remember what I told y'all about the Warriors a few pages back? Still hoping and sticking to that. :nod:

Honestly, I felt like the Rockets played like garbage to a degree.

Archived