Basketball Thread

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cavs will likely sweep, but hopefully the Rockets will use the Flop Bros to their best advantage and beat the Warriors.

Poor Sixers though, so close to winning, if not at least getting OT. At least they had a pretty close game.

I can't believe the Raptors fired their coach. That was an incredibly stupid move. You don't fire a coach that gets you to the top of the Eastern conference twice in recent years and is voted coach of the year. I know they probably under performed against the Cavs but then again every team in the East has "under performed" against LeBron the last 7 years.

Their first no, their 6th maybe, but the level of talent wasn't this skewed as it is now. In reality only the top two teams in the West (Warriors and either Rockets or Spurs) and the team in the East (whichever Lebron is in) have a chance to win it all. Back in the Jordan era you had a lot of good teams whom in retrospect just underachieved pretty badly. The Supersonics only made it to one final, the Spurs couldn't do a damn thing until after Jordan retired, the Jazz should have made it to more finals, even the Rockets who won two somehow didn't make a finals vs the Bulls. My point being that a lot of teams didn't at the very least make the finals when they had all the talent to do so. In todays NBA teams have some great talent but they don't have anywhere near enough to compete with the top 3 teams in the league.

I don't read what I type, unfortunately. Meant to say "after their first win," when it was obvious they'd be a dominant team.

But I understand now. I don't know how NBA was back then. No wonder why people complain so much when the top five teams have some of the best talents while others have decent talents.

In another news, I'm kind of excited to see where the Wolves could go next season. They may have gotten knocked out in the first round, but they still made it to the playoffs.

People gonna be sleeping on Michael Porter Jr(had back surgery, was supposed to be #1), Marvin Bagley and Sexton. Sexton gonna be the Donovan Mitchell of the draft.

Lot of mocks have us picking up Bagley at 3 which I wouldnt be mad at, just his lack of defense is kinda scary but hed have time to develop.

I wish there was a way Sexton could like *Censored* up during the combine or have some shitty workouts and somehow slip all the way down to 19 so we would have a viable replacement for Schroeder. Thats like the only PG I want in this entire draft.

Oh yeah, y'all gon' lose a PG too. Schroeder trynna pull a Kyrie. lmao. I must be buggin tho, I though Mock Drafts after the NCAA Tourney finished had Donic/Ayton or Bamba top 3.

I honestly don't get the Doncic pick, he's got the fundamentals but they acting like dude averaging 30 and 10 in the Euroleague.

Figured the Celtics would prob go all the way once Kyrie signed. They were my early prediction.

Maybe so, but with all the setbacks it's still impressive how well they've adjusted time and time again this season.

Kyrie isn't even playing and Gordon Hayward played maybe half a quarter of a game. Impressive indeed but it also shows how much the East still sucks compared to the other conference. A team full of rookies and second year players with their best players out injured is the best team in the conference, and if the Cavs can pull a comeback then it will be the worse Lebron team in years still the best the East can muster.

Archived