E3 2018

Senex Beast

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm freaking out!!! :D I'm even more excited for Spider-Man than I already was! I want that game so bad. The combat looks so cool, it reminds me of the Arkham games so much and I couldn't be happier.

I'm so ready. :cool:

Every game I wanted to see at Sony just confirmed my purchases. Ghosts looks like everything I wanted it to be, TLOU2 looks *censored*ing insane, and Spiderman looks like a blast. Im also really interested in that Control game especially since I didnt play Quantum Break because that was an Xbox exclusive. Death Stranding...no *censored*ing clue, an action packed delivery game?

Disappointed at the lack of release dates but overall pretty good conference.

E3 in general kinda fell below expectations for me because I was just expecting long gameplay demos left and right (ahem, Cyberpunk) but it was still very enjoyable.

High points for me where Sonys Big 4 + Control, Microsofts conference being pretty good and making me consider buying an Xbox again, Cyberpunk, Ubisoft was impressive enough especially just because of how much effort they are putting into BG&E2. I want that game as soon as possible.

Reggie points were Squares conference just because I know Im getting Tomb Raider already so I wanted to see some more new shit, but at least JC 4 is looking worthy of a purchase. Also Bethesda wasnt that great imo but thats mostly because Bethesda never really has anything for me other than Wolfenstein. Rage 2 might be a pickup for me though.

Low points were all of EA. Anthem looked too much like Destiny and I *censored*ing hate Destiny. They just talked about old shit. They had the opportunity to shut shit down with footage of Respawns Star Wars game or at least a trailer, nothing. EA is so out of touch and detached from what gamers want man its ridiculous. Other than that, there was no Avengers or Watch Dogs 3 which gutted me.

Probably forgetting things...

But, this is my shortlist for everything I want:

Cyberpunk 2077

Fallout 76
Forza Horizon 4
Kingdom Hearts 3
Ori 2
Tunic
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Elder Scrolls VI
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Dragon Quest XI
Skull & Bones
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Last of Us II
Ghost of Tsushima
Control
Spiderman
The Sinking City
Overkill's Walking Dead
Telltale's Walking Dead
Road Redemption
Jurasic World Evolution
Pokemon Let's Go
Super Mario Party
Smash Bros Ultimate

Ouch.

Smash was the reveal that just kept giving. A lot of impressive stuff there.

But, I am slightly disappointed that there were no real "holy shit" reveals for new characters. I feel like we all pretty much knew that Ridley would be added. So, that meant nothing to me. It would have been cool if they were like "we might not have Kingdom Hearts III, but we have the next best thing...Sora is in Smash". Or, you know...just anything equally shocking like that. I feel like they missed having one big reveal that would have just sent things over the top. But with the sheer size of the roster, I understand why that wasn't possible.

Yeah, the concept of echo fighters is cool. And Daisy is a nice addition.

Again, though...not a ground-shaking announcement by any stretch.

I suppose there's always DLC tho. Will be interesting to see who (if anyone) they add with DLC. I do think that Sora would be an obvious choice, if they could swing that.

Animal Crossing better be some random surprise that they're holding out on for one reason or another. I refuse to believe they don't have an Animal Crossing Switch version near completion at this point. They better randomly announce it like a week before it comes out...

They completely skipped the Wii U, and the last proper AC game was New Leaf, back in 2012. That shit is unacceptable, tbh. They know that people want this. And they better not be dumb enough to think that Amiibo, Home Designer, or Pocket Camp *censored*ing count...because they don't.

Doubtful that Rocksteady game shows up at all if it wasnt at one of the conferences.

WB Games has a booth and will stream

Yeah but I doubt theyll debut a AAA Superman game at a booth. Sony or Microsoft would surely want to showcase the game from one of the best developers we have on one of their stages.

I mean I hope youre right, even though I hate Superman, but Im not holding my breath.

So let's see. Had my eye on several games this year.

- Doom Eternal. Doom 4 was awesome and I'd be damned if I didn't get this.

- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Do I even need to mention why? Now I'm MORE motivated to get me a Switch. Hopefully this summer.

- Kingdom Hearts 3. Gotta get 1 and 2 on.....PS3 or PS4. I'll probably get the PS3 version unless the PS4 version has something extra.

- Rage 2 looks nice.

- Cyberpunk 2077 is on my watch list.

- Team Sonic Racing looks great. I loved the first game on PS3 and the sequel was even better and slightly harder. This third game has a lot to live up to.

- Spider-Man and Shadow Of The Tomb Raider are must-buys for the PS4. Especially Spider-Man.

- Ghost Of Tsushima went from curiosity to anticipation when the developer (Sucker Punch) was revealed. The Sly Cooper gang making this game? Interesting.

Probably forgetting things...

But, this is my shortlist for everything I want:

Cyberpunk 2077

Fallout 76
Forza Horizon 4
Kingdom Hearts 3
Ori 2
Tunic
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Elder Scrolls VI
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Dragon Quest XI
Skull & Bones
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Last of Us II
Ghost of Tsushima
Control
Spiderman
The Sinking City
Overkill's Walking Dead
Telltale's Walking Dead
Road Redemption
Jurasic World Evolution
Pokemon Let's Go
Super Mario Party
Smash Bros Ultimate

Ouch.

How does one get through that many games?

Animal Crossing better be some random surprise that they're holding out on for one reason or another. I refuse to believe they don't have an Animal Crossing Switch version near completion at this point. They better randomly announce it like a week before it comes out...

They completely skipped the Wii U, and the last proper AC game was New Leaf, back in 2012. That shit is unacceptable, tbh. They know that people want this. And they better not be dumb enough to think that Amiibo, Home Designer, or Pocket Camp *censored*ing count...because they don't.

announcing it and then releasing it a week later would be dumb

Why are grown men so excited for a animal crossing game? They're the type of games my sister play.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. The Resident Evil 2 remake. How'd I forget about that?

The Resident Evil 2 remake actually looks brilliant.

Archived