WWE 2K19 - Confirmed Info

Ernez

I mean.. I recall peoples reactions when wwe 12 came out to the rtwm mode. I think some of you may have nostalgia glasses on.

Everyone has their own opinion. I'm sure there were a lot of people who had their problems with the mode, but that doesn't mean they speak for everyone. I haven't played WWE'12 since 2012, but I personally enjoyed RTWM; there were some pretty weird storylines, most of which I can still recall today.

Thats not at all what i'm saying. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but people seem to be forgetting the things they didn't like (including on this board). The constant usage of the broken backstage brawls, the overusage of quick-time events, etc.

You can like that, i'm simply pointing out that some people might be remembering the good and forgetting the not so good.

I do remember being annoyed be too many backstage fights but the stories where still fun and that was one game, the rest didnt have that. Besdies, anything's better than MyCareer mode.

Also, Showcase mode relied waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more on quick time events. You'd be winning a match, then suddenly you lost, cuz Stone Cold lost it IRL or whatever

I dunno man, remember the elimination chamber in the Jacob Cass storyline? That thing was filled to the friggin brim with the quick time events.. including ones that had your character fail even when you got it right.

I'm not debating the story, the story was definitely fantastic, but the gameplay ensured I only touched it once specifically because the backstage brawls were absolutely terrible, and they were EVERYWHERE in it.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The story is what people remember. There's already other modes to do whatever you want in matches. The RTWM/story modes gave you reasons to go back to the older titles. My Career mode will never do that because they're 200 hour grinds. There's no harm in fun little story modes like we used to have

The story is what people remember. There's already other modes to do whatever you want in matches. The RTWM/story modes gave you reasons to go back to the older titles. My Career mode will never do that because they're 200 hour grinds. There's no harm in fun little story modes like we used to have

I didn't say there was. I'd be fine with RTWM coming back (as long as it isn't taking away resources that other modes need of course). I was just dumbfounded at people singing WWE 12s praises and forgetting the issues everyone had with it when it came out. Thats all.

That said, I would rather see the problems with Career mode fixed rather than tossed. Hell, you can make Career mode a caw RTWM and then just have the extra stuff come after the main story and i'd be happy with that.

I'll be honest here... I've been saying it for years too now, but I'd really like them to give us the ability edit superstars hair & facial hair, but again that's probably not going to be possible once again this year. If anything it'll likely stay the same as it's always been.

Either way I'm not really knowing what to expect with 2K19, but I doubt there will be any substantial changes from 2K18 other than a few new roster additions. That's just my opinion though.

I doubt there will be any new modes. Rather lots of hype and advertising for a new and improved MyCareer. The fact that MyCareer is going to be full of microtransactions for real money this time makes it 2Ks priority.

Gonna need a source on that being confirmed.

Story creator was my favorite. Such a depressingly short-lived feature...

tbf, it was so buggy it was practically unusable by the time it was ripped out, but yes I would like to see it back.

RTWM was cool til WWE12 aside from the Jacob Cass story

Still would love Showcase mode to return or story modes like in the SVR days till 2009.

Agreed wholeheartedly re. Jacob Cass. That just sucked. Who wants to play as some random?

Showcase i'm really mixed on. I'd really like to see them mix it up a bit and do some more WCW/ECW. I'm really baffled as to why they haven't done a WWE Network mode, which is basically Showcase (but perhaps with some side missions) but using more companies. Seems like such an easy tie-in.

I dont know why people want to poorly re-enact the past with Showcase when we could have original stories. Personally I wanna see them stivk with MyCareer and give it actual storylines to trigger. That alone would make it seem like less of a grind.

Much alike Universe mode, I just feel like they've hit a bit of a dead end. The concept is stagnant and never seems to develop with each year that passes, so I struggle to see why I should feel any different for this coming year's release.

I dont know why people want to poorly re-enact the past with Showcase when we could have original stories. Personally I wanna see them stivk with MyCareer and give it actual storylines to trigger. That alone would make it seem like less of a grind.

Same, I love original stories like Teddy getting run over by either Jericho or you. It's funny if it's you, since you are trying to figure it out and then it was you all along. :laugh: I still feel like MyCareer could be a lost cause, but then again who knows? They still need to over hall the story aspect of it bad. I would want in game people to be an option this time though.

I dont think career mode is a lost cause, but they gotta stop trying to make it like other games' career mode. It just doesnt work the same way with wrestling, and the limitations imposed on caws for it hurt the whole point of creating in the first place

I really love the idea of this Network mode, sorry to bang on about it.

But they could easily take us from 1994-2001, WWF/WCW/ECW. So many interesting stories with various characters to follow for a few matches at a time, following their storylines and feuds, then switch to a different company with a different character.

Have some really cool, unique GTA style free roaming in between with missions, and you've got yourself an incredibly fun game mode.

I dont think career mode is a lost cause, but they gotta stop trying to make it like other games' career mode. It just doesnt work the same way with wrestling, and the limitations imposed on caws for it hurt the whole point of creating in the first place

That, is what pissed me off about 2K18s Career Mode. Hope they realised how much of a big mistake that was and they have Career CAW Mode the same as the normal one.

I also hope they addressed tag matches, I swear.. they are tedius! Especially 6 man matches. I'd like the option to have singles matches only tbh.

But they could easily take us from 1994-2001, WWF/WCW/ECW. So many interesting stories with various characters to follow for a few matches at a time, following their storylines and feuds, then switch to a different company with a different character.

Have some really cool, unique GTA style free roaming in between with missions, and you've got yourself an incredibly fun game mode.

Watch them on the network then. This is WWE 2019 not WWE 1995

Watch them on the network then. This is WWE 2019 not WWE 1995

If they can celebrate it on the network they can celebrate it in their video games too and I'm sure they will at some point.

I'd really like a Mickie James showcase.

Archived