What games have you purchased recently?

TrulyEvil

Crossing Souls for Switch. Don't have time to really play it right now, but I'm *censored*ing loving this game already. Perfectly executed nostalgia. I don't see any way where this can't just get better and better as it goes.

Also just got Dandara for Switch. This game is trippy as shit, and I love it.

I can't seem to stop buying cheap indy games for Switch, but they keep being awesome, so it's not really a bad problem to have. :lol:

If only the console had something that isnt indie games

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking exclusives, because the Switch port will always be the worst of the multiplatforms

As for half of what you listed, they're mulitple years old at this point

Wii U ports/last gen ports don't count

There's still no games that are a "must get" for someone to get a Switch that aren't on other consoles

Bought FIFA 15 last week but only played maybe two minutes of it because I already had Brazil WC 2014, so I returned it for FIFA Street 4, which I played a little bit more than FIFA 15, but now I'm just playing FIFA Street 2 and FIFA RTWC 98 lol.

Last gen?

cuz otherwise you should be able to get FIFA 18 really cheap considering the new one is a month away

Heck I just noticed that 18/19 are/will be on last gen still (I figured last gen was dropped a while back) so I don't think 18 on last gen would be too much

Switch port will always be the worst of the multiplatforms

That's based on jack shit. Most of the big ports barely suffer at all. Maybe a tiny bit in the graphics department, but most are fine. And being able to play anywere makes up for that. But, hell...you're just being a Muur.

Yeah last gen, XBOX360 to be exact. I did notice that FIFA 18 for the 360 cost like $36 at gamestop while the XB1 version was like $6. Reason I went with 15 is because I heard negative things about 18, primarily that you had to buy a lot of VC to upgrade your game and whatnot.

The only "VC" is in the Ultimate Team mode but since youre on 15 and the servers are likely shut down I assume you don't give three shits about that

So yeah, the "negative about VC" is about a mode that you don't appear to care about, so FIFA 18 is fine to get. Nothing is locked, everything is there from the off and there's a lot of modes other than FUT

FIFA 18 will cost more on last gen due to supply and demand. GS will have like 5000 copies of FIFA 18 XBO but like, 2 copies on the 360

FIFA 15 and FIFA 18 aren't much different but if you get 17 and 18 on Xbox One you can play the story mode, The Journey (your save carries over, so going from 17 to 18 to 19 for the three story modes is a good idea)

So yeah, FIFA is one of the few games where the MT/VC/whatever don't matter as it's only one mode and everything else has none

UT came in FIFA 09(?) and has been the "pay to win mode", so any FIFA you've played since then is just like FIFA 18 now, with better graphics etc

If you have current gen, that's a steal price for FIFA 18, especially since they added the World Cup mode

I haven't touched UT in a good decade and still get a few hundred hours a year

To be quite frank Ive been playing PES 18 and like it a bit more to be honest. Controls and camera angles seem better at least for my taste.

Well one is three years later, it's bound to be better.

FIFA 18 vs PES 18 is a waaaaay better comparison

I prob had more fun with 15 Tbh.

Last gen and current are different engines though so it feels a lot different (slower IMO)

Similar to WWE I think the series is worse on current gen consoles.

• 2 weeks later...

Dragon Age Origins. Wasn't sure if I would but it's on sale for $5 on the PS Store so I figured why not. A bit salty though, shortly after buying the second game it goes on sale.

After playing so much of Inquisition it'll be cool finally playing the first 2 games.

Bought a PS4 a couple months ago so I could play Yakuza 0 and 6, along with *censored*ing around on FIFA. I won it on eBay and the deal came with GTA V (which I already have on PS3), Fallout 4 and Doom - barely touched any of them. Since then I've bought a few more games: Sleeping Dogs, Hitman and Persona 5.

Got given a PSN card from work when I left so I used it to buy EA UFC 3, Wipeout Omega Collection, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Mega Battle, and the Dragon Age: Inquisition + Mass Effect: Andromeda pack. I haven't played the last two, but surprisingly, the one I've had the most fun with thus far has been Power Rangers Mega Battle, it's not a bad little game for the £3 or so I paid for it.

Puyo/Tetris and Sonic Mania for Switch. And I repurchased Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4, because there's a digital sale on the complete edition. I bought a European copy on disc a while back, but knew that dlc wouldn't work with it. So, essentially I'm keeping that copy for my physical collection, but have the complete digital for playing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm torn right now as to what to get for a soccer game. I'm on PC and right now PES2019 is half price with all the DLC or I can get FIFA 19 for about $20 less. Both have stuff the other doesn't though I am enjoying PES18 and all the customizing you can do FIFA still has some stuff worth looking into.

I'm torn right now as to what to get for a soccer game. I'm on PC and right now PES2019 is half price with all the DLC or I can get FIFA 19 for about $20 less. Both have stuff the other doesn't though I am enjoying PES18 and all the customizing you can do FIFA still has some stuff worth looking into.

PES. The gameplay is quite simply the best football game I've played, the graphics are gorgeous and to cap it off for you, as you're on PC I'm sure there'll be patches from the community to add all the bells and whistles that FIFA has. I'm on PS4 and I've already got a really good option file.

PES. The gameplay is quite simply the best football game I've played, the graphics are gorgeous and to cap it off for you, as you're on PC I'm sure there'll be patches from the community to add all the bells and whistles that FIFA has. I'm on PS4 and I've already got a really good option file.

Yeah those patches are pretty amazing. The gameplay is a bit more enjoyable than what FIFA offers I will admit. Only thing keeping me from buying it is that I really, really suck at this game. On normal difficulty I still get scored on and have trouble scoring on weak teams even when I use an Allstar team lol.

Archived