What games have you purchased recently?

TrulyEvil

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought 'The American Dream' for PSVR. It's mildly amusing, but also gets annoying very quickly (which I also think is intentional). Basically, I didn't expect it to say "America" "America" America" "God Bless America" after ever single round you shoot, clip you load, etc.

The satire is on-point...which is the only thing that keeps me from hating it. It also does a poor job of explaining how to use certain guns (in game, I mean - I already know how most guns work outside of the game), or what the objective of a certain level is. There's a steep learning curve...but overall, it's pretty amusing.

In theory, the satire should have been good enough to support this...but they didn't record enough takes on the way that "America" is said, IMO...so you seriously just hear the same line over and over. If they switched it up, it might have been ten times better.

Grabbed Stardew Valley for Switch...and now I'm really not sure why I did. Don't get me wrong...it's a great game. I enjoyed it the first two times I played it on PC and Xbox. But that's the thing...I already played it and completed most of it then. I guess I just felt obliged to own it for Switch, since it has the Nintendo feel to it. Oh well...only cost $15, and I will play it again, slowly but surely. Probably even become addicted to it again at a certain point. :lol:

I somehow wound up watching Pokémon videos on YouTube and decided to buy Omega Ruby. I've wanted this for awhile since Gen 3 was my favorite growing up, 2nd place goes to 2nd Gen(Which my poor Soul Silver game just stopped working :cry: ) But yeah LOVED RUBY SO MUCH as a kid. Heck I still remember seeing the commercial for Emerald, which I ran up to my mom saying PLEASE, got it after passing my school year. Many good memories with Ruby. Sad I don't have anyone I can play with. AND TRADE A HAUNTER FOR MY FAVORITE POKÉMON GENGAR! Atleast in Sun and Moon I have a low chance Gengar can be called into Battle. Speaking of that, I kinda want Ultra Sun, I haven't beat, let alone touch Sun in a long time. Hell same goes for my 3DS :lol:

Sorry for rambling :lol: Nostalgia Trip

I somehow wound up watching Pokémon videos on YouTube and decided to buy Omega Ruby. I've wanted this for awhile since Gen 3 was my favorite growing up, 2nd place goes to 2nd Gen(Which my poor Soul Silver game just stopped working :cry: ) But yeah LOVED RUBY SO MUCH as a kid. Heck I still remember seeing the commercial for Emerald, which I ran up to my mom saying PLEASE, got it after passing my school year. Many good memories with Ruby. Sad I don't have anyone I can play with. AND TRADE A HAUNTER FOR MY FAVORITE POKÉMON GENGAR! Atleast in Sun and Moon I have a low chance Gengar can be called into Battle. Speaking of that, I kinda want Ultra Sun, I haven't beat, let alone touch Sun in a long time. Hell same goes for my 3DS :lol:

Sorry for rambling :lol: Nostalgia Trip

You'd be better off just playing Sun. They made Ultra worse. It's the only "enhanced" version I wouldn't recommend

ORAS counts as gen 6 and HGSS as gen 4 btw. Gens aren't regions it's how many Pokemon they have

Bought Beast Battle Simulator last week during the steam sale. Not sure why but its kinda fun watching 20 girrafes try to take down one T-Rex with machine guns and blow torches.

I bought a similar "game" in the Steam sale; Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator. While you can control the units, I prefer just to sit back and watch as 2000 zombies take on 500 German WWII soldiers :lol:

Bought Beast Battle Simulator last week during the steam sale. Not sure why but its kinda fun watching 20 girrafes try to take down one T-Rex with machine guns and blow torches.

I bought a similar "game" in the Steam sale; Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator. While you can control the units, I prefer just to sit back and watch as 2000 zombies take on 500 German WWII soldiers :lol:

is this where you can edit in your own models from other games and have them beat each other up? so like you could put in 500 Pikachus and have them fight 500 Charmanders

I grabbed 'Epic Loon' for Switch. It's actually a pretty unique concept, and I don't regret buying it on a whim at all. The art style is very cool. The references to pop culture are also great...and the gameplay itself is easy enough to grasp, but hard to master. I'm only playing it by myself...and it's intended to be a party game, so...I could definitely see how entertaining it could become as a group effort.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll look into that one, sounds fun too.

Crossing Souls for Switch. Don't have time to really play it right now, but I'm *censored*ing loving this game already. Perfectly executed nostalgia. I don't see any way where this can't just get better and better as it goes.

Also just got Dandara for Switch. This game is trippy as shit, and I love it.

I can't seem to stop buying cheap indy games for Switch, but they keep being awesome, so it's not really a bad problem to have. :lol:

NBA 2k19 has been hated because from what I hear you have to buy virtual currency, with real life currency to upgrade or something like that otherwise youre gonna get owned by other players whove spent more money than you. Im good with NBA 12 in xb360 to be honest, that was an awesome game.

Does the PC version of 2K18 have mods? I might consider getting it now that I actually have a "gaming" PC. Feel like I should make use of the hardware I paid for (aside from just appreciating the faster computing and more memory, like I currently am). Of course, I guess I should just wait for the PC version of 2K19 if that's the case...but mod support would be great.

NBA 2k19 has been hated because from what I hear you have to buy virtual currency, with real life currency to upgrade or something like that otherwise youre gonna get owned by other players whove spent more money than you. Im good with NBA 12 in xb360 to be honest, that was an awesome game.

Oh, then that's okay, I'm not looking to play online anyway.

Does the PC version of 2K18 have mods? I might consider getting it now that I actually have a "gaming" PC. Feel like I should make use of the hardware I paid for (aside from just appreciating the faster computing and more memory, like I currently am). Of course, I guess I should just wait for the PC version of 2K19 if that's the case...but mod support would be great.

You mean, NBA 2k18? Sports games always have mods. Probably surrounding draft classes, new jerseys and all that. Out of the top of my head, I think moddingway has an NBA-section.

You mean, NBA 2k18? Sports games always have mods. Probably surrounding draft classes, new jerseys and all that. Out of the top of my head, I think moddingway has an NBA-section.

No, I mean WWE. I don't care about basketball at all.

I misread and thought the beginning of the convo was about WWE.

Minecraft for Switch. Not something I was planning on buying, since I already milked that game for all it was worth on both Xbox 360 and then again on XB1. But, it's on sale for $19.99 on Amazon for a physical copy. Getting a physical copy of any Switch game for under $30 is a great deal. I'm trying to expand my physical Switch collection.

Archived