What games have you purchased recently?

TrulyEvil

^Lucky.

I just grabbed a cheap copy of Horizon Zero Dawn off Amazon for half the price of the regular one. It's a "middle east/africa only" copy, which says "not for resale" all over it...but the PS4 doesn't have a region lock, and it says right on the case that it's playable in English. Soooo...yeah, half the price sounds good to me. Only downside is, I heard that you can't use DLC with it, because that would be a different region. But, I'm fine with just playing the main game for now. If I decide later that I want to play the DLC, yeah...it will be a waste of money to buy a whole new copy, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

You can make a middle eastern account and downloaded the DLC from their store to play.

and then can only play it on said account using said DLC. If he wants the trophies on his main profile, he's shit out of luck and can't if he wants to use the DLC

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Lucky.

I just grabbed a cheap copy of Horizon Zero Dawn off Amazon for half the price of the regular one. It's a "middle east/africa only" copy, which says "not for resale" all over it...but the PS4 doesn't have a region lock, and it says right on the case that it's playable in English. Soooo...yeah, half the price sounds good to me. Only downside is, I heard that you can't use DLC with it, because that would be a different region. But, I'm fine with just playing the main game for now. If I decide later that I want to play the DLC, yeah...it will be a waste of money to buy a whole new copy, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

You can make a middle eastern account and downloaded the DLC from their store to play.

and then can only play it on said account using said DLC. If he wants the trophies on his main profile, he's shit out of luck and can't if he wants to use the DLC

10/10 can confirm

Same lol, I have the Candaian version of Blanc vs Zombies as it was half price, even with shipping, than a UK copy. I was unable to get any DLC.

Saves are region locked as well, so he'd have to restart the entire game from fresh.

It does usually mean you can get double trophies though.

I knew saves were region locked when I bought it. But I've never played it before...so I didn't care.

Middle East and Africa (also aussies) count as EU for games. Just a random fact lol. So you can get EU DLC. Still can't use it on your main tho

Not really a game, but I bought the Korg app/game/thing for Switch. It's pretty damn addictive.

I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but it's pretty easy to go down the rabbit hole and trance out. It's a pretty neat thing to have for times when you want to space out to music, and want to just feel out your mood. Easy to enjoy, hard to master. Much cooler to have something like this on Switch, instead of a computer...fun to lay in bed and screw around.

I had a look and couldn't see a thread like this already on here, so here we go. What games have you guys recently bought? I got Yakuza 6 and Kingdom Come Deliverance yesterday - I've been waiting to get my hands on these for a while now. Having NJPW guys like Tanahasi and Okada in Yakuza 6 made it even more of a must buy for me, I can't wait to see what they're like in game.

gVx7h00.jpg

You're a Yakuza fan? *Censored* yeah, that's awesome.

I've been playing Yakuza 0 a ton lately, and am so gripped with Goro Majima's story. Can't wait to finish it, and hopefully purchase Yakuza 6 after.

As of games that were purchased recently, I bought God of War on Friday, I think? But I just need to get that chance to play it. Can't bloody wait.

I had a look and couldn't see a thread like this already on here, so here we go. What games have you guys recently bought? I got Yakuza 6 and Kingdom Come Deliverance yesterday - I've been waiting to get my hands on these for a while now. Having NJPW guys like Tanahasi and Okada in Yakuza 6 made it even more of a must buy for me, I can't wait to see what they're like in game.

gVx7h00.jpg

I've been playing Yakuza 0 a ton lately, and am so gripped with Goro Majima's story. Can't wait to finish it, and hopefully purchase Yakuza 6 after.

As of games that were purchased recently, I bought God of War on Friday, I think? But I just need to get that chance to play it. Can't bloody wait.

I put so many hours into Yakuza 0, I loved everything about that game. Yakuza Kiwami is worth getting if you haven't played it already. When I've got a bit of free time from work, I'm going to get cracking with Yakuza 6!

Just recently bought an Xbox One X so I went to a local game store and found Return to Arkham and Arkham Knight both cheap. Been wanting an excuse to play through the Arkham games again. Now Im on the look out for Arkham Origins for 360 because its backwards compatible.

gVx7h00.jpg

I put so many hours into Yakuza 0, I loved everything about that game. Yakuza Kiwami is worth getting if you haven't played it already. When I've got a bit of free time from work, I'm going to get cracking with Yakuza 6!

Bro, I am loving everything about it so far. The hilarious little side quests, it feels like there are more fun additions (?) like dance contests and even though I wasn't so big on the Yakuza fighting styles progressively becoming more arcadey and fluid, fighting styles such as Majima's are just so freaking fun.

Yakuza Kiwami is the first, right?

I'm gonna play 6 first (it will be my first Yakuza game)...then I'm sure I'll get Kiwami and 0 after that. Also, I've been hating myself for buying so many digital games lately. I really want to flesh out my physical collection more when possible. Amazon has Kiwami (physical disc) for $19.99, which is only a couple bucks extra.

Buying physical copies is the way that I normally go, as well. Already own copies of Yakuza 0 and Kiwami... just bought that Yakuza 6 art edition that you mentioned earlier from Amazon... unbelievable value, right there. Fingers crossed the copy is actually delivered on Saturday.

Yakuza is one of my favorite game series, no doubt about it.

Actually, it looks like the art edition is less than the standard. Standard is $52.62, and the art edition is $51.96 :lol: Shit like that always makes me laugh. Would have liked the rocks glasses that come with the 'After Hours' edition...but $89 is too steep for a couple glasses that I don't need. They're pretty cool glasses, though...I would have used them.

Also, when I ordered Yakuza 6, I noticed that there is a "free one day shipping" option above the "free two day shipping" option...so I selected that. Why the hell isn't that selected by default? Lmao. So, yeah...my game is supposed to come tomorrow (we'll see).

Buying physical copies is the way that I normally go, as well. Already own copies of Yakuza 0 and Kiwami... just bought that Yakuza 6 art edition that you mentioned earlier from Amazon... unbelievable value, right there. Fingers crossed the copy is actually delivered on Saturday.

Yakuza is one of my favorite game series, no doubt about it.

Same, the memories of playing the first two Yakuza games for the first time are still vivid. Even the games in the series I'm not crazy for (i.e. Yakuza 3), I still relatively like quite a bit. Really good set of games.

Actually, it looks like the art edition is less than the standard. Standard is $52.62, and the art edition is $51.96 :lol: Shit like that always makes me laugh. Would have liked the rocks glasses that come with the 'After Hours' edition...but $89 is too steep for a couple glasses that I don't need. They're pretty cool glasses, though...I would have used them.

Also, when I ordered Yakuza 6, I noticed that there is a "free one day shipping" option above the "free two day shipping" option...so I selected that. Why the hell isn't that selected by default? Lmao. So, yeah...my game is supposed to come tomorrow (we'll see).

Back in the 360 days I went to buy the most recent FIFA around a month after it came out and they said "do you want the FUT special edition? it's the same price". I said "no, I want the standard edition" and they asked me multiple times as well as after I'd paid.

Usually I'd of course go with the special edition but I don't play the FUT mode and so as a "*Censored* you FUT" didn't upgrade lol

Another sitiatuon was when I went to get Fable 2. They, for some reason, informed me the GOTY edition was a quid cheaper than the standard, so I'm like "oh okay" and got the GOTY edition. Was weird lol but at least I got all DLC for -£1

So, the artbook edition of Yakuza actually comes inside of a book. Never seen a game packed like that before. :lol: There's a cardboard sleeve over the book which has the details of the game on it...and then the disc is in the book like a hidden compartment. Lmao. Now it makes sense why it was cheaper...because it doesn't have a full case. Not that I care, though. Just wanted the game.

So, the artbook edition of Yakuza actually comes inside of a book. Never seen a game packed like that before. :lol: There's a cardboard sleeve over the book which has the details of the game on it...and then the disc is in the book like a hidden compartment. Lmao. Now it makes sense why it was cheaper...because it doesn't have a full case. Not that I care, though. Just wanted the game.

I can't say I've seen a game presented this way before either; I really like it, for some reason it reminds me of books that have a square cut out of them to hide something. There's some really good artwork in the book, so it's worth having a flick through.

Archived