Major League Wrestling: MLW Fusion

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched War Games. It was fun I guess, but geez it was a sloppy mess. Considering MLW's roster depth they chose some really shitty people to be in it. Sawyer Fulton, Tommy Dreamer, Barrington Hughes and Abyss? I like some of those guys, but I was expecting better.

I watched War Games. It was fun I guess, but geez it was a sloppy mess. Considering MLW's roster depth they chose some really shitty people to be in it. Sawyer Fulton, Tommy Dreamer, Barrington Hughes and Abyss? I like some of those guys, but I was expecting better.

I see it more as a testament to how well MLW is booked. They do a good job of putting everyone in matches that suit them. Sure...they could have gone for pure star power and blown their load on the biggest names all in one match. But, you gotta keep in mind...this is essentially still an indy show. It's easy to forget...because, it's such a cohesive product every week. But, this is an indy show that goes from place to place, and they don't always have all of the top guys on any given show. They don't have a "roster" per say...they just have people who are regulars. So, for them to actually accomplish a weekly television show with a roster that is always changing...and book it in a cohesive way that always seems to make at least half-sense...that's something that impresses the hell out of me, tbh.

If all the stars aligned, they could do Swagger, Penta, Morrison, Low Ki, Fenix, etc...but that wouldn't leave much for other matches or other events. They generally try to stagger their top names between events. I suspect that they would never be able to pay those top guys to be on every single show. You gotta think of the indy shows you've been to (I'm assuming you've been to some)...but, that's how they are. A mix of lower level indy guys who are trying to make a name...and then one or two marquee names. Per show. Just because other big names have appeared on past shows, doesn't mean they can appear together on one show. It's not like WWE, where they say "here's the talent pool of guys that we essentially own - who should we use tonight?"...You know what I'm saying?

But, yeah...MLW is one of the best examples of an indy promotion that does an exceptional job of taking smaller names and making them into bigger names via association with the bigger stars they can get. They do that by having everyone play a specific role on the product. If you're booking for television, that makes much more sense than going balls to the wall.

Think it's hilarious that WWE actually got angry about MLW having a War Games event...even though it was completely legal, and MLW has the proper copyright clearance. That's like...what are you even angry about at that point? You can only be angry at yourselves for failing to have a claim to those copyrights. :lol:

Catching up on a few episodes.

Literally the only wrestling show that I will go out of my way to keep caught up on when I miss things. If I ever missed a SD or Raw, I would just watch the next week and see what happened. And even with RoH and NJPW, I miss a ton of their shows and usually only end up watching big events.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp-1gUWnEcc/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=kfubi0eb3vc4

Can't lie, I haven't kept up with MLW in a min so I'm not sure if this is a work or a shoot. If legit, looks like Shane Strickland is gone. One step closer to NXT it looks like.

I'm not surprised by this. Strickland really has nothing left to prove. I just hope if he does go to NXT, that he doesn't get lost in the shuffle. For all we know, he might go to Impact.

• 2 weeks later...

i still dont know if the Daga ear thing was a work or a shoot or a worked shoot. it looked like Low Ki did it purposely, the show acts as if it was just extra points for the Low Ki character, but Daga seems genuinely upset.

Archived