Major League Wrestling: MLW Fusion

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks to beIN Sports (via Wrestling Epicenter) for sending the following press release regarding tonight’s MLW TV episode:

MLW CONTINUES WEEKLY PROGRAMMING WITH

TONIGHT’S EPISODE OF MLW FUSION: LOW KI

VS. JOHN HENNIGAN – ONLY ON beIN SPORTS

Low Ki Faces off Against John Hennigan Tonight, August 17th

WHAT: Tonight, Major League Wrestling: FUSION returns with New World Heavyweight Champion Low Ki defending his belt for the first time against John Hennigan. Prior to this matchup, the Hart Foundation will make its debut against ACH and Rich Swann. Additionally, the road to War Games, the two-ring steel cage classic, will take an unexpected turn.

The program will feature famed American sports broadcaster, Tony Schiavone, as he calls the action alongside Rich Bocchini. Major League Wrestling: FUSION will take fans inside the ring as some of the biggest stars in the sport battle it out for championship gold to truly prove who is the best of the best.

WHERE: Watch “John Hennigan vs. Low Ki” tonight starting at 8:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM PST and again at 11:00 PM EST / 8:00 PM PST on beIN SPORTS.

I *censored*ing hate Matt Striker. This show was better without him.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is a skilled talker. He can talk, and talk, and talk without messing up. But he's annoying af. Grating voice, annoying comments about shit that has no bearing on the matches, etc. And he always talks like he's above the fans...like he knows shit we don't know (which is rarely ever the case anyway).

I *censored*ing hate Matt Striker. This show was better without him.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is a skilled talker. He can talk, and talk, and talk without messing up. But he's annoying af. Grating voice, annoying comments about shit that has no bearing on the matches, etc. And he always talks like he's above the fans...like he knows shit we don't know (which is rarely ever the case anyway).

I'm only 2 or 3 episodes in. Who did Striker replace?

I feel like two things are true in pro wrestling: You should never notice a good referee, or a good commentator. They should both do their part to push the tempo of the match, but you should never be focused on what they're doing. That's why I really like Tony Shiavone. He's just there. He calls the action, points out some relevant things, but he isn't overbearing. Matt Striker is overbearing. Everything he does basically hinges around "Look at me! I have facts for you to learn"...which makes sense, since he was a teacher. But it isn't a good fit for wrestling commentary, where the focus should be in-ring, not on the guy calling the action.

I mean...this guy was talking about applying a choke (and how the choke works) on the latest episode of MLW, and then he proceeded to choke himself (?) at the commentary table? He's a clown. I hate him.

I know I sound like a broken record...but these guys keep making an awesome product. They're running a perfect show right now, IMO. Such a fun show to watch each week. Never feels like work to watch. Always doing interesting things, always booking interesting matches, always signing the names worth signing.

Archived