Randy Orton's Tattoo Artist Sues WWE & 2K Games

classiq.

I think wwe would not go with the direction of removing tattoos of wrestlers who were known from it. Unlike Jericho in 2k15 he was was not purely identified with his tats so it's not a big loss if he does not have it. Also most of his tattoos have copyright claims like cm punk's pepsi and cobra tats.

But for orton he is known and marketed with those tattoos. Removing those will truly create a backlash. It's like Goldberg not having the signature tattoos or Undertaker no having the full sleeves.

I just hate tattoo artist doing this. So selfish.

Same, I'm mean, what's the point suing? Shouldn't you be happy your artwork is being shown off? Alot of those tattoo artists are annoying in my book then. :fedup:

Yeah but they're not crediting the artist and then basically making money from her work that's like if you created something and and I started making money off of it and you didn't get a dime

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't just affect the games, she'll probably want them removed from any artwork or picture of Orton too.

I think wwe would not go with the direction of removing tattoos of wrestlers who were known from it. Unlike Jericho in 2k15 he was was not purely identified with his tats so it's not a big loss if he does not have it. Also most of his tattoos have copyright claims like cm punk's pepsi and cobra tats.

But for orton he is known and marketed with those tattoos. Removing those will truly create a backlash. It's like Goldberg not having the signature tattoos or Undertaker no having the full sleeves.

Same, I'm mean, what's the point suing? Shouldn't you be happy your artwork is being shown off? Alot of those tattoo artists are annoying in my book then. :fedup:

Yeah but they're not crediting the artist and then basically making money from her work that's like if you created something and and I started making money off of it and you didn't get a dime

2K's not " making money off of " Orton's tattoos. They're not claiming they created the designs, or anything. All they're doing is including the tattoos in Randy's game model. Like I said before, following the line of reasoning that " they're using her designs without giving credit ", barbers/ hairstylists should be able to sue 2K and WWE for including a hairstyle of their design in the video games. Don't know if this is you trying to be ' contrary' again or not, but either way saying that she's right to sue 2K over this is ridiculous.

Some people are greedy bastards.

I wouldnt be suprised if she gets a bunch of wwe fans go in her shop and give her a load of shit.

2K's not " making money off of " Orton's tattoos. They're not claiming they created the designs, or anything. All they're doing is including the tattoos in Randy's game model. Like I said before, following the line of reasoning that " they're using her designs without giving credit ", barbers/ hairstylists should be able to sue 2K and WWE for including a hairstyle of their design in the video games. Don't know if this is you trying to be ' contrary' again or not, but either way saying that she's right to sue 2K over this is ridiculous.

Hair,style isnt a,design. But wwe does produce shirts with Orton tattoos on them no different then other tattoos taken out cuz there copywrited

I wouldnt be suprised if she gets a bunch of wwe fans go in her shop and give her a load of shit.

Well then those fans have no life and are losers

Hair,style isnt a,design. But wwe does produce shirts with Orton tattoos on them no different then other tattoos taken out cuz there copywrited

You purposefully type like an invalid in order to annoy people. You of all people shouldnt be talking about others having no life.

You purposefully type like an invalid in order to annoy people. You of all people shouldnt be talking about others having no life.
Um, Iamthedoctor was the one who made the no life comment, not Austin.

Um, Iamthedoctor was the one who made the no life comment, not Austin.

No I said they had no life

I can understand why she'd want recognition/money for it especially if they lowballed her in the past. I don't like it, but I understand it.

You see how many people here get angry if someone uses a logo they created or a caw they made and reupload them. They created something and aren't getting the proper credit for it....exactly;y whats going on here.

I can understand why she'd want recognition/money for it especially if they lowballed her in the past. I don't like it, but I understand it.

You see how many people here get angry if someone uses a logo they created or a caw they made and reupload them. They created something and aren't getting the proper credit for it....exactly;y whats going on here.

Except that there is no money involved and alot CAW makers collaborate when it comes to this point.

If she was trying to copyright and no prior use etc..

Thats fine as the art/pic file theyve been using on Orton is the same since 2k15 (minus the one on his chest). If it somehow deleted then they had to rescan, shed have a case.

There is no way skulls and tribal sleeves are created anyway. Or shes the originator. More generic than a v neck or clouds round 80% of a sleeve.

They are using Ortons likeness. Not Ortons model for tattoo likeness. Its his property, on his skin. Any t shirts, different topic.

Worst comes to worse.. get Gallows Tattoo gaff to draw it but differently enough to void it. (Generic tattoos).

Only thing shed get is caws cant have (like they deleted that option couple years back ie Ortons/takers sleeve.

Comparing people moanin about their logos on here getting used to tattoo artists is dumb.

Firstly they get paid by the client. Whats next please dont use promotional photos with my tattoo. Whereas the logos designed by caw makers take hours, with no reward. Its free. Different if paid.

Id look into Instagram. Moment you post pics/art becomes their property (you could never sue them for using your images in ads etc. Loophole). So if she posted them, ever. In affect Insta has a ownage. WWE is a Corp and can communicate. Be petty etc..

And didnt he walk in and come back week later (per Punk) with both sleeves. Literally slapped on. Generic as *Censored*. Most she can hope for is a credit. As per Ortons permission, in the credit screen.

Saw someone who made a Shane Thorne caw freehand draw a tat and was amazingly authentic. Pretty sure they can get someone to do it if they wanted to be petty.

That always happens every time a yearly game comes out. I can see their point but all of these logos tend to be copyrighted WWE ones so don't see how they can complain when they don't even own the logo or CAW.

Archived