WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vince McMahon is still very high on SmackDown Live Superstar Baron Corbin and views him as a big star for the company in future years, according to Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. McMahon also views him as one of the talent with most potential outside of the main event picture.

There were plans at one stage for Corbin to be repacked after WrestleMania 33 but nothing came to fruition. Corbin had a brief push winning the Money in the Bank win, but he eventually lost his cash-in and a short US title run. It is believed his push was nixed after he got in hot water for his social media behavior and an incident in which he called out a WWE Doctor backstage.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS FOLLOW

Corbin vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. AJ Styles for the WWE title is being promoted as the Smackdown main event for Extreme Rules on July 15 in Pittsburgh.

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/51764/Which-WWE-Superstar-Does-Vince-McMahon-Think-Has-The/

Used to be a time when being the youngest champion actually meant something...now we'll never hear those words again.

Yeah, it meant so much for Dupree.

I'm sure it meant a lot to him.

I never said that it made people world champions, or guaranteed that they would be around for ages to come...I just said that it used to mean something.

Are you trying to tell me that someone who dedicates their life to a specific craft wouldn't be happy to be told that they're the youngest person to ever accomplish something in that line of work? Of course that means a lot to those people.

I like him too but Idk about that match. He really is in a lot of triple threats and as much I like him, the match slows to an absolute crawl when hes in control and he is usually in control for a long time. Thats my only fear.

I wonder what they had in mind for the repackaging.

Id like him to bring his love for motorcycles into his gimmick. And get a bandanna to hide that hairline. Or mask it.

Yeah, although I suspect it would come off more Chuck Palumbo than ABA.

Id like him to bring his love for motorcycles into his gimmick. And get a bandanna to hide that hairline. Or mask it.

Yeah, although I suspect it would come off more Chuck Palumbo than ABA.

Eww. Youre right Lol

Was Biker Palumbo bad? I remember liking him.

I did 2

Idk what this special project is that Corey teased a while back, but I wouldn't mind this becoming a real stable. Always thought Corey would make a good manager.

Vkg8ON2.jpg

Archived