Official Backlash Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After looking over the card, these are the only matches that are pretty much bound to be good at the very least...

Reigns vs. Joe

Styles vs. Nakamura

Rollins vs. Miz

The Usos vs. Bludgeon Bros.

I honestly don't give a *Censored* about any of the other matches.

Zayn/KO vs. Lashley/Strowman seems pointless af, I can't get invested in to any match that Orton is involved in any more, so him vs. Hardy isn't something I care for - and I don't expect much at all from either of the Women's title matches.

Last Uso's vs Bludgeons match was pretty bad, which is a shame considering how amazing their matches were in 2013/14. I hope this one's better...

Only matches I'm at all looking forward to are Shinsuke vs AJ, and sort of Orton vs Hardy. The rest seem pretty missable.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I preferred BB when they were Luke Harper and Erick Rowan in the Wyatt Family (and when not? Around 2013/14 like CL said). It almost seems since the gimmick change to Bludgeon Brothers, the focus has gone mainly onto them as monster heels who just squash people, rather than having quality matches (definitely think this is a booking thing and not on Haprer and Rowan).

Harper and Rowan are billed as two destructive monsters; their whole MO is just going in to matches and running through any and all competition. That's why I wasn't too pressed about the Triple Threat match at Mania being no where near as long and competitive like people were wanting and expecting. They mowed through New Day and Usos just like they mowed through every other team they fought before them - and it makes them look super dominant.

I totally get what's going on, I wasn't bothered by the SD Tag match at Mania either. But I think that's the point, it's gotten to the stage where their matches are skippable because you know what's gonna happen. I barely remember the match at Mania and I skipped the one at GRR cos I knew exactly what those matches were gonna be (and from what I've read, I was right).

Archived