Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lunchbox

Football Thread

Recommended Posts

We beat Gillingham 7-2 today!

RIP to your fan, thoughts are with their family and you all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Twisted... said:

Enjoying Marlon Fossey, Muur?

He's basically been playing as a winger rather than a RB. As a winger, he's really really good. Too good for League One. He could probably even do it in the Championship

In the Prem though? yeah, you're not gonna use a 24 year old that is out on loan in League One lol, youll prob sell him to us in the summer

Also a little weird he's 24, yet he's only made 14 appearances in his career and 5 of those are with us the frig happened there

Edited by Muur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunderland reacted to losing to Bolton by sacking their manager.

Still waiting for Albion to sack their head coach...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the late reply, Muur. Glad you're enjoying Fossey.

He basically had 2 major injuries in his youth career, so that took  a few years off his playing time. Hopefully he can stay healthy and keep improving.

 

Question for Oufcad32, how is Ben Davis getting on since joining you guys? I've seen he's been on the bench for you a few times, but has he been playing for your youth teams at all? I'm guessing he might have had international duty with Thailand at some point, too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Twisted... said:

Sorry for the late reply, Muur. Glad you're enjoying Fossey.

He basically had 2 major injuries in his youth career, so that took  a few years off his playing time. Hopefully he can stay healthy and keep improving.

 

Question for Oufcad32, how is Ben Davis getting on since joining you guys? I've seen he's been on the bench for you a few times, but has he been playing for your youth teams at all? I'm guessing he might have had international duty with Thailand at some point, too?

He's played in the Papa John's trophy and come off the bench a couple of times,  however not really featured. He's good on my fifa 22 career though 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four wins in a row now! and best part is four clean sheets in a row as well. First time in our history a GK has made his Bolton debut then gone on to get four clean sheets in a row, crazy.

Shame Wigan/Oxford was a draw. First time ever I wanted Wigan to win since they're basically already promoted and Oxford are in the last play off spot right not need ya'll to lose more so we can catch up ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so a 1-1 draw, but that only happened because of a BS red card. damn it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2022 at 8:17 AM, Oufcad32 said:

Beat Pompey 3-2! 

At least that let us move up one spot since we had the same point lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another win, 5 in 6 now (should be 6 in 6 with the BS that happened the other day...). Beat Oxford on Saturday (sorry lad, you gotta lose!) then win our game in hand on the Tuesday after and we can get to within 5 points of the play offs... but on the other hand, lose to Oxford on Saturday and the play offs might be too much of an ask. Basically a 50000 pointer on Sat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Muur said:

Another win, 5 in 6 now (should be 6 in 6 with the BS that happened the other day...). Beat Oxford on Saturday (sorry lad, you gotta lose!) then win our game in hand on the Tuesday after and we can get to within 5 points of the play offs... but on the other hand, lose to Oxford on Saturday and the play offs might be too much of an ask. Basically a 50000 pointer on Sat

Are you coming to it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oufcad32 said:

Are you coming to it? 

Nah, I don't fancy a trip that far away. Such a poor fan I am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late winner against Oxford! 3 points closer to the play offs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Oufcad32 said:

Was a tight game,  could have gone either way to be honest 

Tbh, you guys were the better team for first half of the game and then basically died allowing us to win. Ya'll shouldve scored more with your better performance in the first 45-60 mins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dje_wba said:

Wow, Bolton 3-0 down against Burton inside 20 minutes.

Least they didn't score any more

 

but yeah losing our game in hand wasn't ideal. Hopefully they got that out their systems and we march on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another win! 4-0 this time, and it could've/should've been more with the chances we had. 15 matches left to slip into 6th. 7 wins in 9! we've also been 10th for the last 6 weeks though... be nice to at least move up quicker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad news about Joey Beauchamp, I always rated him-- when Denis Smith left Oxford in 97 to become manager at the Albion, part of me hoped that he might bring Beauchamp with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dje_wba said:

Sad news about Joey Beauchamp, I always rated him-- when Denis Smith left Oxford in 97 to become manager at the Albion, part of me hoped that he might bring Beauchamp with him.

He was my idol growing up, had the pleasure of meeting him when I was mascot. Absolutely quality player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

another win! 5 off the play offs now! (would've been 4 but Sunderland with a 95th min equalisier...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...