Football Thread

Lunchbox

Teams in the Premier League conceding goals left, right  and centre, but only Fulham are "definitely getting relegated", lol.

How have you guys been keeping up with your matches? iFollow?

Our league games have all been televised, thus far, and myself, dad and brother watched our Carabao Cup game against Ipswich Town on the carabaocup live site, which we will also be doing for tomorrow's game against Sheffield Wednesday. Quality isn't great, especially for a tenner, but at least it's something.

Our site's official TV service thing is only providing live audio for matches, and my dad has a subscription, so it's an option for games that aren't televised.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Twisted... said:

Teams in the Premier League conceding goals left, right  and centre, but only Fulham are "definitely getting relegated."

Fulham and Albion, apparently.

43 minutes ago, Twisted... said:

How have you guys been keeping up with your matches? iFollow?

Our league games have all been televised, thus far, and myself, dad and brother watched our Carabao Cup game against Ipswich Town on the carabaocup live site, which we will also be doing for tomorrow's game against Sheffield Wednesday. Quality isn't great, especially for a tenner, but at least it's something.

Our site's official TV service thing is only providing live audio for matches, and my dad has a subscription, so it's an option for games that aren't televised.

The back end of last season, it was a combination of iFollow and Sky, while so far this season all of Albion's matches have also been on Sky, including the League Cup match last Wednesday, although the tie with Brentford isn't televised, so will be watching that one on t'internet.

Albion also provide a commentary only service on the club website, which like you said, will be an option for any games that aren't televised.

Starting the season with five defeats in a row. Jesus *censored*ing Christ.

only off the bottom of league two by goal difference lmao. 

Goalkeeper literally threw the ball to their striker twice and he scored from it both times.

Edited by Muur

Embarrassing against Villa (typing this before the game is over).

We're gonna end up beating Derby's record at this rate. I'm usually pretty positive, but how many times can you say, "it's only so many games in, it's too early"?

Still gonna stick by the team until the end. Attack wise, we look alright, as in we have a striker who can find the net (usually), but the defence is a shambles.

Something's gotta give.

8 hours ago, Twisted... said:

I'm usually pretty positive, but how many times can you say, "it's only so many games in, it's too early"?

this, except for the usually positive part. bolton have killed that with three years of dog shitness and its only getting worse and worse. the last three weeks weve broke the record for "lowest ever position in bolton's history", three times in a row, and we can still break it twice more this season! and right now we're staring down the barrel of three consecutive relegations, after already being relegated four times in the last 8 years. what did we do to deserve all of this lmao. like, we were the bookies favourite for promotion but I guess you just cant have bolton wanderers winning matches. it would upset the natural balance of things. 

and to think, before the season started I thought we might be able to get back to back promotions and get back to the championship. Ah, to be that young and naive again. 

but like, we signed a really good attack, but then had no budget left so signed a bunch of non league defenders. turns out thats a *censored*ing awful idea. we literally have a front three that got promoted from league two last season but theyre being let down by literal non league defenders. what the *Censored* can you do when your goalkeeper throws the ball at the opposition striker so he gets a free goal not once but twice in the same match

Edited by Muur

2 hours ago, Muur said:

this, except for the usually positive part. bolton have killed that with three years of dog shitness and its only getting worse and worse. the last three weeks weve broke the record for "lowest ever position in bolton's history", three times in a row, and we can still break it twice more this season! and right now we're staring down the barrel of three consecutive relegations, after already being relegated four times in the last 8 years. what did we do to deserve all of this lmao. like, we were the bookies favourite for promotion but I guess you just cant have bolton wanderers winning matches. it would upset the natural balance of things. 

and to think, before the season started I thought we might be able to get back to back promotions and get back to the championship. Ah, to be that young and naive again. 

but like, we signed a really good attack, but then had no budget left so signed a bunch of non league defenders. turns out thats a *censored*ing awful idea. we literally have a front three that got promoted from league two last season but theyre being let down by literal non league defenders. what the *Censored* can you do when your goalkeeper throws the ball at the opposition striker so he gets a free goal not once but twice in the same match

And to make matters worse for Fulham, Tony Khan tweeted after the game yesterday that we tried getting players in, but  started giving every excuse possible, even though we should have sorted out the back line years ago. Made it seem like it was everyone's fault but his own.

Then he stated that when we finished 20th in the Championship, we would've killed to be a yo-yo club :lol:

It's not as if we hadn't spent 13 years in the Premier League, with 3 runs in Europe -  1 of those runs getting all the way to the final of the Europa League, and 1 winning the Intertoto Cup (might not be the most prestigious competition, but who'd ever thought that Fulham would be in Europe, let alone win a trophy in it?)

Hopefully we get some Premier League quality players in before the window closes, and things start picking up.

I completely forgot Fulham had four seasons outside the Premier League. I mean, I remember them beating Villa in the playoffs in 2018, to return to the Premier League, but I had forgotten that they had been in the Championship for four years at the time, and I certainly didn't remember them finishing as low as 20th.

Yeah time's been flying, but it's part of our history. Annoys me that some of our fans think we're entitled to be a top club, and mope when we don't spend time in the top division.

I was born in 1993, and my dad started taking me to Fulham games as soon as he could (heck, he was taking my mum when she was pregnant with me to games, haha).

We were in the old Division 2 (now League One) at that time, and I didn't see us in the Premier League until the 2001/02 season, after we got promoted with Blackburn and Bolton in 2000/01.

Fun times.

I had the misfortune to start watching Albion during the worst decade in their history, the 90s being the only decade in which they haven't spent at least one season in the top flight, and the only season in which they've played in what's now League One.

I remember my first two visits to Craven Cottage, in the 99/00 and 00/01 seasons (a 1-0 loss and a 0-0 draw respectively), following Fulham having won promotion from the Second Division, and before they then got promoted to the Premier League; the next season, 01/02, was when Albion finally won promotion to the Premier League, returning to the top flight after 16 years outside it.

As it stands, they've gone back to only showing a selection of Premier League games on TV, which is bs. Hoping all games become available to watch, even if they are painful to watch, as a Fulham fan, lol.

Also, Muur and dje, do you follow any local non-league teams where you are?

I follow Tooting & Mitcham, as they're quite local. Used to go see them play a few times, but now follow their progress through media.

Other teams I follow the progress of are Met Police FC, and Walton Casuals FC.

Again, both fairly local, and the Chairman of the latter is ex Fulham player, Tony Gale, who my dad is mates with, haha. He (my dad) has been going since 1965/66, and has been able to meet and become friends with a few of our ex players.

Les Barrett owned a flower shop just down the road from me, so I met him a few times. Oh, and our team's coach broke down one game, so they shared the fan's coach (which my dad was stewarding), and George Best offered to look after my older brother (now in his late 40s).

Kinda went on a ramble there, but figured I'd share, haha.

Living in Cardiff, they're aren't any non-league teams around here for me to follow - not ones in the English pyramid at least!

I do follow Nuneaton Borough though, who are my hometown club. They were in the Conference/National League as recently as 2015, but are now two division below it, following a couple of relegations. When I was still living at home with my parents, I would sometimes go and watch them play, if Albion didn't have a game that day, but it has been a while now -the last time I saw them play was an away match at Newport in August 2012, which of course isn't very far from me here in Cardiff; they lost 4-0.

The last time I went to a home match was in October 2005, a 0-0 draw with Tiverton Town in one of the qualifying rounds of the FA Cup - coincidentally, the following day I then saw Albion lose 2-0 at Bolton. Anway, Nuneaton went onto reach the 3rd round that season, where they were drawn against Middlesbrough, losing 5-2 at the Riverside in a replay, after the first match finished 1-1; Nuneaton's goal in the first match was an injury time penalty, which came from a handball by the current England manager.

On the subject of Premier League matches on TV, from when is that going to effect?

Nice. In Wales, I've only been to Swansea, saw the first game played at The Liberty, Swansea 1-1 Fulham, in a friendly.

As for TV schedule, announced today, fixtures selected up to the 2nd of November.

http://www.premierleague.com/broadcast-schedules

Also, will you be supporting Fulham this weekend, as we travel to Wolves? :lol:

Edited by Twisted...

So this is the last weekend where all, or almost all, of the matches will be televised then? Presumably the reason they're no longer be able to do that is because after the international break, the Champions League and the Europa League start, which would make scheduling all of the fixtures for TV impossible or nearly impossible.

And I suppose I should be wanting Fulham to beat Wolves, although already this season Fulham have let us down once, against Villa. I don't want Fulham picking up too many points anyway, considering they're more likely than Wolves to be relegation rivals for Albion.

Wow we won a game of football, the police wont be very happy with that

On 10/2/2020 at 4:41 PM, Twisted... said:

Also, Muur and dje, do you follow any local non-league teams where you are?

next season ill support a non league team called bolton. but otherwise, no, bolton are depressing enough never mind adding more teams to that.

On 9/30/2020 at 3:23 PM, dje_wba said:

I had the misfortune to start watching Albion during the worst decade in their history

same for bolton and me. which is literally the 2010-2020 decade

Edited by Muur

Looking at Bolton's history, the 80's was their worst decade:  3 years in the 2nd division, 6 years in the 3rd division, and 1 year in the 4th division-- the only decade in which they haven't spent at least one season in the top flight.