Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lunchbox

Football Thread

Recommended Posts

On 6/13/2020 at 4:58 PM, вrаndоn. said:

That's soccer 😝

If you've ever got time, YouTube 'Australia Rules Football highlights'. I guarantee you'll be confused, but it's a great game.

youre in the wrong thread then

this is for "soccer". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very much aware of that, but given the lack of sports happening around the world, and no correct thread for me to post in, I figured I'd ask people in here, given its probably the most active thread in SportsChat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 2:54 AM, Muur said:

youre in the wrong thread then

this is for "soccer". 

I thought we would welcome anyone? 

looking forward to the 3rd July! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wonder what theye gonna do about th JPT final

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess they'll wait to get the League One playoffs out of the way first, seeing as Portsmouth are in both those and the final of the Football League Trophy, with the playoffs obviously being more important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes first leg 3rd, second leg 6th and final 13th lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maguire is absolutely awful and nothing will ever convince me otherwise.

The less said about Daniel James, the better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dax is one of my favorite players, he didn't start off with the team right away but got so much better as he got more games and i can see Titi helping him get to where he needed to be. There are alot of great storys from Titi' short stay in New York.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wigan gone into admin. Karma for the last year of mocking us going into admin from their fans. 

In other news we got a new manager today. Evatt, who won the league with Barrow. Exciting times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we made it to the final! Next Monday! Cannot wait! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched most of the Oxford/Pompey match, as well as the first half of Wycombe/Fleetwood. I'm pleased it's an Oxford v Wycombe final, as I would rather see one of those two clubs in the Championship next season than either Portsmouth or Fleetwood.

After watching the two second legs last night, I actually wanted to ask you, is there any rivalry between Oxford and Wycombe? I know Oxford's main rivals are Reading and Swindon, but as Wycombe is only about 20 miles away from Oxford, is there any rivalry at all there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dje_wba said:

I watched most of the Oxford/Pompey match, as well as the first half of Wycombe/Fleetwood. I'm pleased it's an Oxford v Wycombe final, as I would rather see one of those two clubs in the Championship next season than either Portsmouth or Fleetwood.

After watching the two second legs last night, I actually wanted to ask you, is there any rivalry between Oxford and Wycombe? I know Oxford's main rivals are Reading and Swindon, but as Wycombe is only about 20 miles away from Oxford, is there any rivalry at all there?

Answer is on our part no, Wycombe see it as a rivalry but they only have Luton really lol 

 

We weren't at our best over the two legs but now we've got some minutes under the belt I think we could do it 

Edited by Oufcad32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly lol if you don't go up I'd like to visit the Hawthorns.  I'm sure you'll go up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to visit the Kassam at some point, having not been there yet - I did go to the Manor Ground a few times - but if Albion were to play Oxford nest season, I hope that it will only be in the cup, not in the league-- after going top 11 games into the season, and not having been out of the top two since, it would be a big disappointment to let this slip now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think we last played you in 2014 in the League Cup second round,  was Appletons second month in charge and you won 2-1 I think? Lol 

 

You'll go up, no worries about that, do you think you'll try to sign Dwight Gayle? He was on loan wasnt he? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gayle was on loan last season, and the club tried to sign him back in August - a deal was agreed with Newcastle for another season-long loan, which would be made permanent upon promotion, but Gayle turned it down, not because he didn't wanted to come back to The Hawthorns, but because he didn't want to go out on loan again, he just wanted a straight permanent move. There was a rumour last week that they might try to sign him again this summer, but I don't know whether there's any truth in that - we'll see, I guess.

That match you referred to was Alan Irvine's third match during his six months as Albion Head Coach. It actually finished 1-1 [after extra time], with Albion winning 7-6 on penalties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bolton just casually sign last seasons league two leading goal scorer on 26 goals from swindon, who he got promoted with, as i guess bolton in league two is better than swindon in league one. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53343121

also weve offered a contract to plymouth's player of the year - who also got promoted to league one from leauge two - and hes now turned down a conctract with league one plymouth and is discussing personal terms with us

good times

Edited by Muur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Doyle wanted to stay up north, he was on loan from Bradford I believe at the Swindump lol 

Glad you're signing people 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dje_wba said:

Gayle was on loan last season, and the club tried to sign him back in August - a deal was agreed with Newcastle for another season-long loan, which would be made permanent upon promotion, but Gayle turned it down, not because he didn't wanted to come back to The Hawthorns, but because he didn't want to go out on loan again, he just wanted a straight permanent move. There was a rumour last week that they might try to sign him again this summer, but I don't know whether there's any truth in that - we'll see, I guess.

That match you referred to was Alan Irvine's third match during his six months as Albion Head Coach. It actually finished 1-1 [after extra time], with Albion winning 7-6 on penalties.

Ahh okay,  i wasn't sure if it went to pens lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dje_wba said:

Some positive news for you, finally, after a couple of difficult years?

technically the club themselves havent announced it yet, which is weird - despite the fact that swindon themselves have said he passed a medical and agreed personal terms of a three year contract with us. not sure whats going on there... even the bolton news dudes dont get why its not been announced yet since apparently he HAS signed the contract. confusing. then you have that bbc article saying hes signed. ah the mysterys of bolton wanderers. 

this would be a ridic signing if he can hit 20 goals again though. three year contract is a bit excessive for a 32 year old though...

being in league two might be beneficial this season if we can sign the best guys compared to teams NOT in embargo lmao. admin being a two year embargo is so harsh. at least the first year was a throwaway since we knew we were already *censored*ed, and the second year is in league two where no one buys players anyway... so yeah I guess this second year of embargo is irrelevant and after swindon and salford said they cant match the wages we offered to doyle - what embargo lmao?

I legit think we could get back to back promotions 

also last season was ridic. the first 1/3rd is a throwaway and there were no season tickets. then I get to go to like 6 matches with my fancy new season ticket once they finally god damn offered them. then covid ends the season. so I only got to go to like 6 matches or something. hope the club do like a deal where you get to go to all cup games or something. 

also good luck in your two year embargo wigan lol...

1 hour ago, Oufcad32 said:

Apparently Doyle wanted to stay up north, he was on loan from Bradford I believe at the Swindump lol 

Glad you're signing people 

tbf swindon also said that they couldnt offer the money we could... which is funny as were in an embargo so cant even offer wages that high... 

Edited by Muur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...