Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah just seen on sky sports news!

Is it right you never informed Doncaster?

I learned that later, not only did they not tell Doncaster - they didn't even tell the EFL. The EFL found out through Bolton's Twitter post lol

That's probably another three point deduction for Bolton then.

at least it wont be the 15+ extra points Bury will be docked if theyre allowed to stay in the EFL come August 23rd which they prob wont

A points deduction would be preferable to being expelled from the Football League, but I agree, it seems more and more likely that that's what's going to happen to Bury, and then they'll go into liquidation, which will be a real shame.

Well Parky quit today, that's surely not a good sign. All the shit he's put up with only to quit now. Guess the takeover is going even worse than thought...

I wanted him sacked half way through last season but with the shit he's put up with, he deserved a life time contract lol

Third game in a row we've conceded five. Well that sucks.

If Bury do get to play, they're gonna have quite the advantage over us since they got to postpone their matches whilst we had to play with 9 year olds, and so lost 5-0 10 ten times.

Also looks like the admins have been given a tuesday deadline to stop pissing about or we're getting removed from the league

Edited by Muur

I just wouldn't support any team. I'd be one of those people everyone hates that just does England.

Maybe an AFC Wanderers of Bolton will pop up at some point.

Supporting a team without Bolton in the name just wouldn't be right.

Bury are gone

We'll be next, today marked the start of the 14 day period of kicking us out. (Bury's ended today). Only way to stop it is for the idiots to agree a takeover. Then again they said liquidation would happen anyway, so we could fold before those 14 days.

Yeah but its weird, i fell asleep and it was 3-2 and saw the Galaxy celebrating on twitter all day just to find out at the end of the day they gave up another goal to get a draw. How do you celebrate giving up a two goal lead on the road like that?

Muur, how would you feel with a coroprtion like Red Bull to come in and take over operations? Could you support Red Bull Bolton?

At least we'd exist I guess. Not like they'd be in charge forever and then we'd revert back to the real name.

Goal difference is over rated, it's all about conceding five goals in four consecutive matches. We're just giving everyone a head start

Goal difference is over rated, it's all about conceding five goals in four consecutive matches. We're just giving everyone a head start

I mean it all depends how often you concede them too. If you give up 30 goals in the first game of the season, and then only give up 1 each game after that you're still gonna end up giving up like 60 goals for the year, but technically aside from that one game your defense would be considered pretty good.

We got a new manager, Keith Hill which is neat. Him and his assistant, David Flitcroft are from Bolton and have experience getting teams promoted and keeping them up, so that's a really good appointment. Makes me wonder why Flit is dropping to assistant though, he's been manager a lot. Prob expects to be promoted to manager one day?

also fun fact, Hill is actually the uncle of one of my friends. Never met him tho

I mean it all depends how often you concede them too. If you give up 30 goals in the first game of the season, and then only give up 1 each game after that you're still gonna end up giving up like 60 goals for the year, but technically aside from that one game your defense would be considered pretty good.

Was a joke since our kids have let in 5 goals in the last 5 goals lol