Football Thread

Lunchbox

Yay we're not bottom! Bury are in admin now too! our closest team, the race for 0 points is on!

but also, theyve agreed to sell our team... but not the hotel, and the buyers will only take over if they get both... but there's no guarantee that will happen, and if it doesn't, theyll walk.

the admins also haven't been paying the players even though they said they would... so they boycotted matches again. theyre at 21 weeks without pay now.

season tickets still cant be bought, and they wont sign players till new owners come, which could now be mid September

so :)

EFL are useless. Cared more about us watching a training session from a public path than the state of your club and many others in your situation. Clubs having to sell their effing grounds to get past FFP. The state of the EFL.

What's funny is they gave out the points deductions within minutes lol.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MLS needs to be destroyed. Corrupt league. Zlatan elbows a player, sizes him up before the challenge and breaks his cheek, the league reviews and gives him a warning. League has a history of letting bigger players slide, even rumors of the league telling referees to not red card any bigger stars during the playoffs one year.

Whilst this shit show continues, we were at least able to beat Salford and Bradford, two League Two teams, with our non-existent squad in last minute replacement games due to three friendlies being cancelled from strikes about 23 weeks without pay. Werid they played in the last min matches, but I guess behind close doors means the club gets no money from ticket sales, etc.

they really need to hurry up though... if the take over isn't complete by Saturday, our match/es is/are likely suspended until it DOES go through (Bury are under the same threat incidentally, except no one wants to buy them, so it's looking very likely they're going to be kicked out of the league itself)

MLS needs to be destroyed. Corrupt league. Zlatan elbows a player, sizes him up before the challenge and breaks his cheek, the league reviews and gives him a warning. League has a history of letting bigger players slide, even rumors of the league telling referees to not red card any bigger stars during the playoffs one year.

Zlatan in general is a goddamn asshole who gets away with murder for some reason because his brand brags about it. It's stupid.

Well we lost, but the youth players did their best and did the shirts proud. Heck it was a goalkeeper mistake that caused the first girl and it was a senior player in net. So it was youth+3 senior players.

we really are gonna need to get this takeover through and sign some players or else we wont win a single game this season though, can't play every match with these 16/17 year olds.

Edited by Muur

Zlatan in general is a goddamn asshole who gets away with murder for some reason because his brand brags about it. It's stupid.

I agree he is a douche. But its not the only league with corruption around the world.

If it prevents a league from turning into La Liga or one of the top flight leagues in Europe than it can't be that bad. The last thing I want is for one team, even if it is my team I root for (LA Galaxy) to be the only one realistically to have a shot at the league title. La Liga is garbage when Barcelona will be the only one with a legit shot at being champs.

The newest chapter in the Bolton Wanderers shit show sees Bassini successfully sue the club, postponing the takeover until they deal with that in the courts. Bassini did sign in March to take over only for Anderson to suddenly cancel it and put us in admin and it was always fishy and I guess being allowed to sue like this means he has legal rights, but why not do that months ago instead of now, prolonging this shit show...

also read this article, it straight up broke my heart and made me lose all hope for football

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17820753.david-wheater-says-goodbyes-bolton-oldham-move/

The kids drew 0-0 against Coventry. Neat. Really bad for Coventry tho lol they couldn't beat a team with the lowest average age in history. The senior players we do have refused to play. Also basically means a real team would've won

Did you go to the match? I heard - or read, one or the other - during the week that no season tickets have been made available this year.

I didn't.

They allowed people to buy singles on the Friday afternoon before, but I'm just going to wait for season tickets.

I guess you could say it was non loyal or whatever, but they did rob me of 1 match last year against Brentford that I paid for through my season ticket, plus I feel like theyre gonna charge full price, not discounted, when they actually release the season tickets. So I'd be paying for singles and THEN a season ticket. Screw that.

I didn't wanna pay to see us lose with a bunch of 16 year olds too (if we had a full team, I would've tbh) but fair play, they got a draw. Let's hope this shit is sorted for the next home match.

Attendance was 8000 with 1000 away fans, and we have around 15,000 season ticket holders usually, so half the fans didn't buy singles basically. Plus the price was £25, to watch 16 year olds.

Edited by Muur

I feel like theyre gonna charge full price, not discounted, when they actually release the season tickets.

It will be harsh if that turns out to be the case. I remember the first time I got a season ticket, one or two home matches had already been played, so there was a few quid knocked off the price.