Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually really hate Darren Moore after how he acted as Doncaster Manager after the Bolton match was postponed in 2019. He spent an entire year crying saying that it's unfair he didn't get to play against our U18 team and that if they had the three points they mightve been promoted and it was a pain to hear him say that almost every week. Kept saying Bolton cheated against Doncaster specifically as though it mattered it was them it was postponed against and like it wouldn't have happened regardless of who we were playing. Bolton Manager at the time even said they can have the points if it upsets him that much and the independent panel were like nah we agree with Bolton's choice to postpone it

Edited by Muur

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dje_wba said:

Hate is a bit strong, don't you think?

Anyway, I'm pleased Wednesday won, even if they did make hard work of it, both in the semis and the final. Pleased Luton won on Saturday as well.

nope,  i wouldnt want wan him anywhere near the bolton job

and hopefully we follow luton within the next few years

Edited by Muur

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2023 at 9:31 PM, dje_wba said:

I wondered if you would pipe up. Did you go?

nah

we were unbeaten in pre season, which usually means the season will be awful lmao

3-0 to start, good shit. could've been more too. i'd say keep it up and we'll win the league but barnsley went and won 7-0, jesus christ...

was 7000 years of stoppage time. fans were booing at just how much was added on at the end of both halves

Edited by Muur

3-1, still top. but... when 3-0 up ref sends dion charles off for seemingly no reason. hes the same ref who sent dion off last year after kachunga punched a guy... dude hates dion apparently. he then sent evatt off for complaining, refs a twat. and even without that, he was awful tonight, what a terrible ref

in regards to fleetwood they never gave up even when 3-0 down so fair play to them theyre a pretty good team but like...the ref ruined what was a good match

wigan next and charles and our manager sure will be missed... in the biggest most important game of the season

Edited by Muur

Defending was woeful. First one we give away a corner for no reason. Second gk parries it to their guy. Third the gk and defenders thought each other had it covered leading to an easy Wigan goal (gk should've come out for it) fourth gk saves it it somehow still ends up in the net? Every time we play Wigan the players shit the bed they can't handle the pressure of the most important match of the season

at least everyone else on 9 point lost as well i guess...

we have a dreadful record at burton, literally never won at their ground and overall are 1 win in 9 against them so a draw probably isn't too bad but they were bottom with only 1 goal scored so they were clearly there for the taking. oh well i guess, better than we usually do against them

got boro to 1-1 in injury time only to conceded twice in the 90th min, oof

4 hours ago, dje_wba said:

Beating Middlesbrough isn't for everyone, apparently. 😜

were a league one team tbf, playing against a team who were in the championship top 6 last season. getting to 90 mins at 1-1 is pretty good especially as their first goal came after our lb gave the ball away to their st for a free shot on goal. what dumbass he was, he keep making defensive errors this year

Edited by Muur

Good win against a fellow promotion contender, shouldve buried some of those other chances tho open net on one of them. still, back to winning ways keep it up

On 9/3/2023 at 6:54 AM, Oufcad32 said:

Lost to Port Vale,  ref was absolutely terrible!

put us back above you lol. pretty wild one loss dropped you from 1st to 7th. more wild is port vale losing 7-0 on the first day then going unbeaten since and are joint top with a -3 goal difference

On 9/5/2023 at 8:57 PM, Muur said:

put us back above you lol. pretty wild one loss dropped you from 1st to 7th. more wild is port vale losing 7-0 on the first day then going unbeaten since and are joint top with a -3 goal difference

Definitely a more open league this season