Football Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, dje_wba said:

You wouldn't go to the playoff final either then, if Bolton were to reach it?

nah im tinpot af. tbh in a few years im gonna drop the season ticket. ive seen it all, pl, champs, l1, l2, cup finals, cup wins, relegation, promotion, european football. once we stop making progress ill pack it in for a bit. in fact if we dont go up this season or next season thatll prob be it till were champs i dont feel like mid table league one is worth it. for now it is as were making progress. only thing bolton havent done whilst im here is win a league since our promtions werent first place. and if we do go up, i might do one season in the champs then have that as my season ticket send off its not like were gonna get back to the pl and itll prob just be relegation battling anyway. ive been going nearly 25 years. maybe i'll miss it in the first season i don't do it but i wont know until i dont have it. so ye, we'll see. in all honesty, i was bored of mid table mediocirity in the championship. as shit as nearly losing the club has been...at least the last 5 years have been filled with exciting stuff. 5 more years of mid table champs instead wouldve been pretty boring, it gets pretty drall. a season or two in the champs will prob be fine as long as we're finishing higher each time but once/if we get stuck as a team in 12th-19th or something i cba. something like birmingham, literally mid table in the champs for 15 years would be dull. similar if we do a wigan and bounce between champs and l1

Edited by Muur

bolton just about beat exter. still 5th with a game in hand but only slightly better goal difference. we're bascically 5th but also joint 7th so if its the same come our game in hand and we lose we could drop out cuz of gd. peterborough and derby just had to win too. everyone plays again in 2 days so we need to better their results. heck if we win on monday and they both win 5-0 on monday wed drop to 7th

Edited by Muur

24 minutes ago, Oufcad32 said:

Are you coming down for next Saturday? 

nah if i didnt do wembley im not doing something near wembly either

won, just about. with the stats and all I heard on the radio Oxford got FMed and really should've got something. 24 shots vs 4. Guess that's why they might be getting relegated

Peterborough and Wycombe lost and Derby bottled it like we did last week and threw away two points in the 96th minute so now we're back to 5th with a game in hand lmao. Could've been four points clear had we not thrown away two the other day but I guess we're still in a good spot. Then again, lose on Tuesday and we could drop to 7th. Really need to play that game in hand

We have so many defenders out injured that we played a CB trio that had a RB and CM lmao

Edited by Muur

We are absolutely terrible! 

We had the shots but they weren't clearcut or anything! 

We have to rely on our 18 year old striker because our ex manager loaned out our actual striker to Port Vale in January! 

I honestly can't see where our next win will come from 

49 minutes ago, Oufcad32 said:

We are absolutely terrible! 

We had the shots but they weren't clearcut or anything! 

We have to rely on our 18 year old striker because our ex manager loaned out our actual striker to Port Vale in January! 

I honestly can't see where our next win will come from 

maybe a year in league two will be fun

seems odd to be battling relegation tho, you were in the play offs two years ago and nearly in them last year. what happened to you guys

also kinda odd youre playing fleming as an attacking player. we had him a few years ago and he was a below average left back in a team filled with players no one wanted as we were in admin and went down to league two. he wasnt good enough for us then and only played for us because literally no one else was there as we signed bargain basement players no one wanted since we had no money and were in admin. wildshcut is interesting though, he was great for us in the champs. scored a winner vs west brom away

He was only there because our other wingers are crap or injured! Lol the guy who was playing off our striker in the first half is a winger but we've no one else to play in the CAM role he plays there, we have Josh Murphy,  his twin player Joseph is at Newcastle! Ours is one of the worst signings I've seen in my 30 years of following them and that's saying something considering we spent 4 years in the Conference! 

Our Ex Manager who was sacked in February has *censored*ed the team up. He should have been sacked in the summer but he had a hold over the board somehow! 

not a bad point against burton but it only keeps us in the play offs by goal difference 

three home games in a row now, one of which is our game in hand

Edited by Muur

beat shrewsbury 1-0, but we hit the post once, the cross bar twice, dion missed an open goal, and had a goal disallowed could've and shouldve been 6-0 lmao

peterbrough lost so that puts us 2 points clear of them with a game in hand which is on tuesday. lets see how that goes... win that and we'll be 5 clear with only 6 to play for. so come on lads we should only need one more win

from the first minute they were time wasting and played 11 behind the ball until we scored, *censored*ing hell

Edited by Muur

2 hours ago, Oufcad32 said:

Lost to Barnsley, home to Cheltenham on Tuesday which is just win! 

holy shit youre 17 without a win

whats the point of a game in hand if we *censored*ing lose it. accrington had lost 7 in a row away and also hadn't scored in those seven then come to bolton and the get three points. usually how bolton work i guess...

our last two are against mid table teams with nothing to play for

derby and peterborough on the last day play sheff wed and barnsley. SW can still go up automatically... but if ipswich win their next game theyre promoted so in that case would be unable to go up on the last day and so both they and barnsley wont give a shit and prob throw away the points to protect their players for the play offs. so even though we have an easier run in, technically, it kinda isn't in that ipswich will probably win and SW and barnsley wont care on the last day

Edited by Muur

derby and peterborough bottled it, wahey. we won, play offs confirmed with one game to go. thats not like bolton...

wigan lost too and are relegated, good times

now to see you next season in the champs dje...provided we win the play offs of course